dcsimg

Bosch 1619 router

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

Bosch 1619EVS 15 amp 3-1/4-Horsepower Variable Speed Plunge Base Router with 1/4-Inch and 1/2-Inch Collets

Has any one have and thoughts or used this router.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s a big beast. My guess best suited for a router table. Should be a pretty solid router. I remember reading it has some odd attachments but a quick google didn’t turn up anything.

Find a good deal or do you have a specific use for it?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

staker
    Pro

Just need a good plunge router, use to use a makita 3.5 hp for routing out stair stringers.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I have this router myself and it definitely is a beast to work with. I am planning to build a new router table and it may end up making its way in there at some point. I will say that it is a very well built router and is very smooth to use. My main purpose for getting it actually is for using in a jig to flatter wide table tops and live edge wood slabs and it works great for that. Plenty of power to spare. If you don’t need something this big, the Bosch 1617EVSPK kit is great too. I don’t own one but I have heard great things about them. It’s still 2.3 HP and gives you both a fixed and plunge base so you have more options.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Also, I will say that if you decide to go with the 1619 you won’t be disappointed. It is a great router and I have nothing but good experience with it so far.

staker
    Pro

Thanks for the reviews,its nice to use a bigger router. I will put this on my new tool purchase for 2015.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Thanks for the reviews,its nice to use a bigger router. I will put this on my new tool purchase for 2015.

You will like the 1619 if you go with it, especially if you have to hog out a lot of material. It’s always best to go with the biggest and most powerful tool you can comfortably use and then you will never be restricted on what you can do.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

going to be scooping one of these up this week. Any issues with it under a table other than reaching under to adjust it and that it wont fit in a lift?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

going to be scooping one of these up this week. Any issues with it under a table other than reaching under to adjust it and that it wont fit in a lift?

Unless you want to use it by hand, aren’t those Both big issues for table usage?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Unless you want to use it by hand, aren’t those Both big issues for table usage?

Yup but not deal breakers at the moment as I am not planning on a lift just yet. Outside of using a lift is seems they all need some adjustment under the table. Even if they come with the above table crank.

Ideally a good lift and a PC 3+ hp bare motor is the way to go. But i just sent another huge check to the doctors. I am finally getting the table ive been wanting for 2 years. Laying out the money for a lift and router right now just isnt in the cards

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think i might have to try this one in a jointer planer set up, has anyone used one this big for jointer planer? I was just going to use my regular Porter cable one but if this will get the job done better and smoother, i may have to get this one to use.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Always heard positive remarks on this router. Very popular as well.

I was thinking about it too….does a big router like this have soft start?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

It does have soft start. While there are uses where a big router like this is a hindrance. There are many applications where that power helps with the cut and even control

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It does have soft start. While there are uses where a big router like this is a hindrance. There are many applications where that power helps with the cut and even control

No the 1617 does not have soft start. It does have a variable speed.
    If you want soft start you could step up to the MRC23.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think i might have to try this one in a jointer planer set up, has anyone used one this big for jointer planer? I was just going to use my regular Porter cable one but if this will get the job done better and smoother, i may have to get this one to use.

What? We are talking about a router @r-ice!

Jon P.
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What? We are talking about a router @r-ice!

like this, this is a router planer jig/ jointer planer jig. I don’t have access to a planer that can do super large pieces of wood specifically log ends/cookies, so i want to build a jig that can handle flattening larger stock.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Ok, I actually made one myself a few months back. I thought you were suggesting that someone use this router Motor to power a planer!

Jon P.
    Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

There are many applications where that power helps with the cut and even control

I dont even know what kind of work I would use a big horse powered router for. I assume 2x stock or door styles..that kind of thing. I mostly use palm routers and I have a 1.75 hp PC fixed base that seem to handle all of my current needs.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ok, I actually made one myself a few months back. I thought you were suggesting that someone use this router Motor to power a planer!

awesome do you have any photos of your set up? i haven’t fully envisioned how i would go about it just yet. I have logs that aren’t as big as that one but i do want to be able to flatten them so i can turn them into coffee tables and side tables.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.431 seconds