dcsimg

Bosch 12v tools

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

So disappointed in the 12V Starlock because it doesn’t feature a quick -release. One need to use a hex key to lock the blade into place, personally I can wait till the next generation. While the MXH180 may be heavy as an 18V been a game changer. The 12V Starlock seemed like a good addition without somewhat duplicating a tool. Plus sometimes it’s easier to take a 12V tool if I know it’s just for a quick cut or two.

I am too disappointed that the 12V doesn’t have a quick release. I would like to add this too my 12V line up. I really don’t use OMT all that much. It may not even matter not having a quick release.

Greg

I was bummed too that the new 12v omt lacked the tool-less blade change but the more I thought about how I would use it, the more I realized it isn’t a big deal. I wouldn’t be using the 12v for hard tasks where I woukd be trashing blades. Mostly would be finish work in wood where a blade probably would last many weeks if not months. At that point a quick changing blade option is moot.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was bummed too that the new 12v omt lacked the tool-less blade change but the more I thought about how I would use it, the more I realized it isn’t a big deal. I wouldn’t be using the 12v for hard tasks where I woukd be trashing blades. Mostly would be finish work in wood where a blade probably would last many weeks if not months. At that point a quick changing blade option is moot.

Did you already order the new 12v starlock

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The 12V planer looks great and so does the 12V router and the new 12V Brushless Starlock Multi-Tool

I am definitely interested in those tools as well. I could redeem the 12v starlock too but I rather wait for a local sale. hopefully they have it on sale.
    the new 12v planer and router seem to be pretty strong for its size.

Do you know if or when those planer and router will hit North America in 12volt

I believe I saw somewhere that Q1 2018 was the target for release.

@skillman
    yes that’s right. I believe they will officially announce those newer tools at WOC in Las Vegas in january and then release them to the market.

Are you going to woc this year and give us feed back on the new tools to come .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was bummed too that the new 12v omt lacked the tool-less blade change but the more I thought about how I would use it, the more I realized it isn’t a big deal.

I feel the same way. The overall size of the tool and the power are what is important to me. My 18V OMT handles the big stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I was bummed too that the new 12v omt lacked the tool-less blade change but the more I thought about how I would use it, the more I realized it isn’t a big deal.

I feel the same way. The overall size of the tool and the power are what is important to me. My 18V OMT handles the big stuff.

Good points,
    Probably would be for either punch list stuff, or fine finishing work,
    I personally would like it for redoing all the window caulking around the house, light and compact,

Did you already order the new 12v starlock

No not yet. It isn’t a have to have tool for me. I have 2 Bosch non-starlock 110v omt’s and a Dewalt 20v one. I use the Dewalt 90% of the time. I will get one one day just to put with my other 12v tools which get used mostly when doing trim and cabinets.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I won’t look to get the 12V OMT just for the reason of blade change requiring an allen. I have an older Fein that I only use when necessary that needs an allen key that otherwise I use the newer style instead with the quick clamp mechanism. The older one only gets pulled out when it makes sense to have two of them going at the same time which is not often.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I won’t look to get the 12V OMT just for the reason of blade change requiring an allen. I have an older Fein that I only use when necessary that needs an allen key that otherwise I use the newer style instead with the quick clamp mechanism. The older one only gets pulled out when it makes sense to have two of them going at the same time which is not often.

I am not sure I need 2 OMT’s really. But it might be handy to have two and that way blade change really wouldn’t be a issue. I am not a fan of the 12V OMT using a allen wrench for blade change. I would think the 12V would be great for certain jobs due it size.

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The 12V planer looks great and so does the 12V router and the new 12V Brushless Starlock Multi-Tool

I am definitely interested in those tools as well. I could redeem the 12v starlock too but I rather wait for a local sale. hopefully they have it on sale.
    the new 12v planer and router seem to be pretty strong for its size.

Do you know if or when those planer and router will hit North America in 12volt

I believe I saw somewhere that Q1 2018 was the target for release.

@skillman
    yes that’s right. I believe they will officially announce those newer tools at WOC in Las Vegas in january and then release them to the market.

Are you going to woc this year and give us feed back on the new tools to come .

I sure will, well at least it’s the plan.
    I am not 100% sure because I don’t know yet how the spring semester falls and which classes will be available on which days.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday how my 12V recip worked for helping me break apart a few pallets that needed to be bagged and put out to the curb that the garbage guys had refused to pick up whole.

It was the first time I really use it since I got it a few months ago and it was the perfect tool for this job. I had thought of using my cordless circ saw, but the pallets were so falling apart and would maybe have nails and dirt imbeded in them I figured I would likely pooch a blade in doing so or that I’d be binding up at times using it instead of a recip.

Using a bigger recip would have entailed doing the tear down with the pallets on the grpund instead of on the makeshift table instead which would have been more back breaking. No, the 12V recip was just ideal tool in my mind for this dirty job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday how my 12V recip worked for helping me break apart a few pallets that needed to be bagged and put out to the curb that the garbage guys had refused to pick up whole.

great to hear that Kevin.
    I am actually debating on purchasing the PS60 as a bare tool from amazon. pretty good price and they throw in a free 2.0 battery.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It was the first time I really use it since I got it a few months ago and it was the perfect tool for this job. I had thought of using my cordless circ saw, but the pallets were so falling apart and would maybe have nails and dirt imbeded in them I figured I would likely pooch a blade in doing so or that I’d be binding up at times using it instead of a recip.

Using a bigger recip would have entailed doing the tear down with the pallets on the grpund instead of on the makeshift table instead which would have been more back breaking. No, the 12V recip was just ideal tool in my mind for this dirty job.

It looks like the 12V recip did a great job for you. Looks like a nice tool have.
    Also you are lucky to have that pallet taken away when it is in garbage bag. We have to use clear garbage bags. If it isn’t household garbage in the bag it doesn’t get picked up.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anybody know if Bosch is coming out with a new fast 12V charger. I bought the older model BC 430 off eBay and while it is a bit faster than the current BC 330 it still is not as fast as the 18V fast charger.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Does anyone have those 6.0Ah 12v batteries? NA availability???
    Perfect for 12v omt, recip and impact driver.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Anybody know if Bosch is coming out with a new fast 12V charger. I bought the older model BC 430 off eBay and while it is a bit faster than the current BC 330 it still is not as fast as the 18V fast charger.

Besides of the new GAX18V-30 – 18V/12V Dual-Bay Battery Charger I doubt that there is anything else lined up.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Good question, I have two of those bc430 chargers, just with the drill and impacts, it’s never happened that I have to wait for fresh batteries, but I can see that being an issue with the tools that can drain those battery packs faster than drills and impacts.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Besides of the new GAX18V-30 – 18V/12V Dual-Bay Battery Charger I doubt that there is anything else lined up.

That’s a shame as a good fast charger like the 18V one would really ne appreciated in the 12V line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

That’s a shame as a good fast charger like the 18V one would really ne appreciated in the 12V line.

Because of that we see those 3, 4,… chargers mounted together to work as a multi bay, hows 12v charging time with the new GAX18v/30 @madman_us?

Doobie

Also you are lucky to have that pallet taken away when it is in garbage bag. We have to use clear garbage bags. If it isn’t household garbage in the bag it doesn’t get picked up.

They did a pilot project in a few neoghborhoods here woth clear garbage bags and determined it had little effect. I was surprised it didn’t get shoved down our throats regardless. I would have hated that.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.484 seconds