dcsimg

Bosch 12v tools

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Not many people getting the 4.0 batteries? Is that just because the compactness of the 2.0 is preferred? I notice with my milwaukee 12v tools I get some increased power with the bigger batteries.

woodman_412

Not many people getting the 4.0 batteries? Is that just because the compactness of the 2.0 is preferred? I notice with my milwaukee 12v tools I get some increased power with the bigger batteries.

I do like the compactness of the 2.0 batteries and don’t use the 4.0 as often, pretty much just when I need the extra run time or a little extra power out of it which isn’t super often. It’s nice to have when it’s needed though. I have the 12V impact driver, drill, screw driver, OMT, vac, and FL12’s. I really like all of them and the size and performance is very impressive. Perfect size for cabinet making.

Dan

danpattison.com

I have no need for the 4 batteries. The others hold a charge pretty well

Here’s my current collection.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

To sum up, you guys like the 12v because of smaller size, portability, lower cost, and that they provide plenty of power for most applications. I can see that, thanks for the feedback.

Let’s not forget durable, long lasting battery power, fast charging, ergonomics and of course Bosch heritage and quality.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have no need for the 4 batteries. The others hold a charge pretty well

I kind of feel the same way. Larger capacity batteries would be great, but I think the increased physical size might be a deal breaker for me. The 2.0ah batteries have been very good IMO.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I started with the ps20/ps40 combo and a ps50 that were Christmas presents 5 years ago. I was so impressed with Bosch that I even bought the ps60 reciprocating saw. I had the ps50 omt replaced through warranty as well as two batteries. I used my ps20 almost daily. It finally died last August. I replaced it with a new ps22 brushless. Two weeks ago I bought the 12v starter kit mainly for the L-boxx but also because I was really impressed with the 2.0 amp battery. In addition to the 4 tools, I have 3 30-minute chargers, 2 1-hour charger, 4 bat 414, 2 bat 413, 2 bat 412, 2 bat 411, and the L-boxx.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I kind of feel the same way. Larger capacity batteries would be great, but I think the increased physical size might be a deal breaker for me. The 2.0ah batteries have been very good IMO.

I do have a pair of the 4 Ah batteries but 99% of the time use the 2.0Ah ones to keep the tool as small as possible.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

To sum up, you guys like the 12v because of smaller size, portability, lower cost, and that they provide plenty of power for most applications. I can see that, thanks for the feedback.

yah the smaller size and weight really helps if you are driving 100 screws vs 10 screws. When you have a basement to frame you want the smaller size and weight. If it was just one screw every so often, you can get away with the largest 18volt possible.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That’s a nice collection you have overanalyze. You still liking the jigsaw and drywall gun? Those are two of the 12v tools I would like to have.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Truthfully, I don’t use my 12v impact and drill very often. I do like the impact for cabinet install or demo, due to the small size. The drill resides in the shop most of the time and barely sees any use.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice collection Andrew.

You still liking the jigsaw

I have the jig saw and really like it. It is a good tool. Getting used to the grip also. First time for the barrel grip after years of a D handle.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

very nice collection, how you liking the vac , and does the 4 ah battery stand the drill up or is it still kinda trying to fall over .

That’s a nice collection you have overanalyze. You still liking the jigsaw and drywall gun? Those are two of the 12v tools I would like to have.

Yeah @RonW they are perfect for what I wanted them for. Coping and cabinetry cuts for the jigsaw and small drywall jobs for the screwgun. My only complaint with the screwgun is it lacks a little bit of power when driving 1-5/8″ drywall screws in harder wood through the denser factory taper of the drywall. If using 1-1/4″ screws it does better. Fine thread screws are no problem.

@theamcguy I like the barrel grip. I swicthed a few years ago when we bought a Festool Trion barrel grip. It is very comfortable to use. I do wish a variable trigger was somehow an option to be able to feather some cuts.

@Boschmanbrian the little vac is nice to have when doing small cleanup tasks. I don’t use it a ton but like having it available. I like it alot when drilling holes in drywall in a finished space. I can hold the vac under the drill bit while drilling and it collects probably 95% of the dust.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Doobie

Not many people getting the 4.0 batteries? Is that just because the compactness of the 2.0 is preferred?

That’s the reason for me. I have enough 12V batteries to get me thru anything so far without needing to rush to a charger.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

If I needed the power or endurance I’ll just grab the 18v or corded version instead. I suppose a 4.0 is nice to have, but consider the cost of the battery it’s not very cost efficient for the number of times I will need it.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

If you have other 18v tools, and I do, the 4.0 batteries just don’t make much sense. If your gonna make the tool that much bigger, just grab the bigger tool.

Nice set of 12 v. Very interested in the drywall and vac as add ons.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

My 12v vac gets used almost daily – it is perfect for little clean up tasks. I used it Friday for cleaning out drawer boxes after drilling the holes to put the handles on.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

My 12v vac gets used almost daily – it is perfect for little clean up tasks. I used it Friday for cleaning out drawer boxes after drilling the holes to put the handles on.

After working with some one that had one last summer I knew it would be a matter of time. Glad to hear you still use your, remember you talking about it before. Think it is time to jump on the band wagon

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.724 seconds