dcsimg

Bosch 12v tools

Viewing 9 posts - 181 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Besides of the new GAX18V-30 – 18V/12V Dual-Bay Battery Charger I doubt that there is anything else lined up.

That’s a shame as a good fast charger like the 18V one would really ne appreciated in the 12V line.

Because of that we see those 3, 4,… chargers mounted together to work as a multi bay, hows 12v charging time with the new GAX18v/30 ?

It’s quite slow!
    18V 4.0 Ah battery in 85 minutes
    12V 2.0 Ah battery in 45 minutes

the regular 12V charger (BC330) says 60 minutes
    the 12v fast charger (BC430) says 30 minutes

Personally I have not done any testing with the chargers.
    I sure would for all 12V chargers as soon as I can get my hand on a GAX18V-30.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Also you are lucky to have that pallet taken away when it is in garbage bag. We have to use clear garbage bags. If it isn’t household garbage in the bag it doesn’t get picked up.

They did a pilot project in a few neoghborhoods here woth clear garbage bags and determined it had little effect. I was surprised it didn’t get shoved down our throats regardless. I would have hated that.

That is interesting. I didn’t like it at first. But I don’t mine it. Non household stuff has to be taken the landfill and weighted. They you pay my KG. Not of that stuff goes in the landfill.

Greg

Also you are lucky to have that pallet taken away when it is in garbage bag. We have to use clear garbage bags. If it isn’t household garbage in the bag it doesn’t get picked up.

They did a pilot project in a few neoghborhoods here woth clear garbage bags and determined it had little effect. I was surprised it didn’t get shoved down our throats regardless. I would have hated that.

That is interesting. I didn’t like it at first. But I don’t mine it. Non household stuff has to be taken the landfill and weighted. They you pay my KG. Not of that stuff goes in the landfill.

We can have opaque bags or even bins, but the pickup is only every two weeks. Fortunately kitchen waste/biodegradable and recycling get picked up weekly.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s what I love about my Ridgid 12v. 12volt 4.0ah fully charged in 25 mins.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a pretty good charging time/result for a 4.0ah battery

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a RIDGID 12V charger as well and was hoping that the Bosch BC430 would be comparable but it is not, hence my question as to whether Bosch was working on a new 12V fast charger. The technology has improved that doing one should be a priority for their 12V users.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Besides of the new GAX18V-30 – 18V/12V Dual-Bay Battery Charger I doubt that there is anything else lined up.

That’s a shame as a good fast charger like the 18V one would really ne appreciated in the 12V line.

Because of that we see those 3, 4,… chargers mounted together to work as a multi bay, hows 12v charging time with the new GAX18v/30 ?

It’s quite slow!
    18V 4.0 Ah battery in 85 minutes

the regular 12V charger (BC330) says 60 minutes
    the 12v fast charger (BC430) says 30 minutes

Wow, well it looks like the 12 volt will charge faster than the existing Bc330 but takes longer for the 18 volt?

I think the thing is that with the battery technology, heat is bad for batteries, so slow charging is better, and with better runtime and so on, maybe they figure that should not be an issue?
    That being said, I prefer the BC430 over the BC330
    And really like the BC630? And the newer BC1880? Not sure about the numbers lol
    They are great chargers
    Just hoping that they will eventually come out with a multi port charger for say 3 12 volts and another one for at least 2 of the 18 volt battery packs

Doobie

We can have opaque bags or even bins, but the pickup is only every two weeks. Fortunately kitchen waste/biodegradable and recycling get picked up weekly.

That’s our frequency too. I still hate they only do reg every two weeks max four bags. It is what it is.

I don’t bio green bin. Installed a garberator when that was implememted. No yucky green bin and racoon nonsense for me thank you.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That would be an interesting test. Looking forward to it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 9 posts - 181 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.661 seconds