dcsimg

Bosch 12v tools

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well lets see how big your bosch 12v collection is getting. Mine still has some room to grow but here it is

Attachments:
    BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I hope I don’t sound critical, because I’m not, I really want to know: what is the advantage of 12v over 18v tools? I know that some people have both voltages, often the same tools in both 12v and 18v. In what situations would a 12v tool be preferable to an 18v?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

All I have is the FL12 and the vac but have been seriously considering selling my M12 tools and getting more Bosch 12v.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

monman1
    Pro

I hope I don’t sound critical, because I’m not, I really want to know: what is the advantage of 12v over 18v tools? I know that some people have both voltages, often the same tools in both 12v and 18v. In what situations would a 12v tool be preferable to an 18v?

One thing would be size they are smaller. I only wanted the 12v drill and impact for the odd time it would be nice to have a cordless drill, or the impact to screw doors and have not to drag a cord around.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My 12 V collection is small, a screwdriver, a drill driver and a jacket. I wish I would have had batteries for my jacket with me today with 10 below F temps and 20+ below wind chills.

Two jackets (wife and I) , a PS31 and 41 drill impact kit, a ps22 driver (love it) and a pile of FL12s

I woodwork in the shop and prefer the lighter and smaller 12v tools. I don’t need 18v to make furniture, cabinets, etc. I have an 18v drill and driver but don’t recall the last time I needed one.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Physical size, weight and convenience, IMO. I too was skeptical until I gave the impact and drill set a try…they are surprisingly powerful considering their size. I use mine all the time now.

My current lineup is a PS31, PS41, FL12 and a PS60. Soon, I’ll be adding the JS120 jigsaw and a 12v jacket. Hopefully the brushless impact hits the market soon!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I guess I’m one of the odd balls here and feel that the Bosch 12v drills and impacts have a fat grip. I prefer the 18v with a slim pack battery.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I guess I’m one of the odd balls here and feel that the Bosch 12v drills and impacts have a fat grip. I prefer the 18v with a slim pack battery.

To each his own! I feel like the 18v drills have very small grips…but my hands are pretty large, so I’m sure that’s why. The 12v line has a grip size very similar to my 18v Makita tools, which I’ve been using for several years.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have 3 FL12’s, 2 Bosch Heated jackets and a 12v Bosch Vac. I use 1 x 12v 4.0Ah and 7 X 12v 2.0Ah’s.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

so far i’ve got a ps32, 2xfl12’s 5×2.ah’s now i almost exclusively use the ps32 and very rarely do i ever need the extra juice of the 18v.

Rovik
    Pro

@crotalusco, are you happy with your jigsaw? I have seen it in my local shop, and it is small and light weight.

I have the: GSR 10,8-2-LI, GRO 10,8 V-LI, GWs 10,8-76 V-EC and GLI 10,8 V-LI.
    The batteries i have is 2 x 1,5ah and 2 x 4,0ah.

Norway

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I don’t have much at the moment, only the FL12 and starter kit. Hope to grow it down the road.
    I’ll keep my eye on this thread to see what 12V members like the most..

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 12V Bosch line are my favorite tools. They have a great balance of size and power.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

I’m looking at getting back into the 12v line more. Would be handy to have the little hand vac and the multi-tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not critical at all, sure many have or are thinking the same thing. I started when they first came out and you could get driver, 2 batteries, charger and 2 L-Boxxes for 100 dollars. Liked them so much I gave one to our son’s football coach (did a tremendous job working with him on the field and off, still keep in touch). Picked up couple newer ones and the story still continues to grow. They have more power than first imagined possible, slide in my coat pocket or no weight on hip in holster, easy to carry extra battery, in small areas they come in very handy , just a handy tool to carry and use.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

To sum up, you guys like the 12v because of smaller size, portability, lower cost, and that they provide plenty of power for most applications. I can see that, thanks for the feedback.

A Ps30 Ps40. A fl10 and Fl12 heated jacket, 6 1.3 ah batteries 3 2.0 ah batteries, 1. 30 minute charger and two of the other type

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

FL12 light – most used, get a kick out of it every time, it works so well.
    Vac120BN – recent reward, using it a lot.
    PS31 – all rounder for drilling.
    PS21 – very compact, quick change for hex bits. Used often alongside the PS31.
    PS41 – so far haven’t had a lot of projects requiring the extra power.
    PS11-2A – Used infrequently but handy when even the PS21 is too big.
    A couple of 1.3ah batteries and 2 x 2ah. 2 x BC430 charger.

Tempted by the 12v oscillating tool, but already have the MX25EC-21 and don’t use it enough to justify the addition.

Also tempted by the brushless models, but will wear out what I have first.

Will definitely pick up some 4ah batteries, would be helpful for the vac and PS41 in particular.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.558 seconds