dcsimg

Bosch 12v chargers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am getting a Bosch 12v light for my latest redemption, and I am considering a 12v compact saw PS60 for lighter duty cutting because it is more compact and fits into my tool boxes. I have also ordered a few BAT414 2ah batteries.

But I need a 12v charger.

I know of two. Are those the only two? I know there is also a dual voltage charger for 12v/18v.

What is the key differences between these two? Does one charge faster than the other?

Finally, looking at these two, they are not designed to be wall mounted correct?

I am getting a Bosch 12v light for my latest redemption, and I am considering a 12v compact saw PS60 for lighter duty cutting because it is more compact and fits into my tool boxes. I have also ordered a few BAT414 2ah batteries.

I know of two. Are those the only two? I know there is also a dual voltage charger for 12v/18v.

What is the key differences between these two? Does one charge faster than the other?

Finally, looking at these two, they are not designed to be wall mounted correct?

I’m not sure about the difference between those or the dual voltage model , I have kept only the previous generation of charger with both lights green and red
    Plus I opened the case and made my own keyhole for hanging on the wall
    My old chargers are half hour charger , seems to be working okay , I think that little one is supposed to be the better one for the higher amp batteries , I think it’s slightly slower than the usual one , but don’t quote me on this , I’m definitely interested in anyone else who can give us input for them

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

when you drill holes to mount on the wall do you mount it so that the battery stands up or sticks out horizontally out of the wall?

If you look at the dual voltage charger below. It is sitting on a horizontal surface. I am thinking if you mount it on the wall by drilling holes on the bottom of the charger, the 18v battery will be fine because it slides down and locks in. Isn’t the 12v going to have to go in horizontally and a slight bump may drop it to the ground? Unless there is something holding or locking in the battery as you push it in?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Unless there is something holding or locking in the battery as you push it in?

I have both of the chargers in your first post. The batteries fit tight in the chargers….. I can turn the chargers upside down and the batts stay put. Personally, I feel the fit is too tight, I have to hold the charger down to pull the batts out of them. On the upside when pushed in you know it has a good connection

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Specs for the small charger (your 2nd pic)

2ah 80% charge 50 mins
    100% charge 65 mins
    3ah 70/95 mins
    4ah 100/130 mins
    6ah 145/185 mins

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I don’t think there is any difference. I have both of them. I think the one in the second photo is the newest charger. It is the charger that came with my last too redemptions.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The 30 min fast charger is BC430

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks. I also looked on the internet and it says the 30 min fast charger was discontinued due to some energy laws prohibiting fast chargers.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Thanks. I also looked on the internet and it says the 30 min fast charger was discontinued due to some energy laws prohibiting fast chargers.

Thanks , that’s the older model I believe right , with the two lights green and red

when you drill holes to mount on the wall do you mount it so that the battery stands up or sticks out horizontally out of the wall?

If you look at the dual voltage charger below. It is sitting on a horizontal surface. I am thinking if you mount it on the wall by drilling holes on the bottom of the charger, the 18v battery will be fine because it slides down and locks in. Isn’t the 12v going to have to go in horizontally and a slight bump may drop it to the ground? Unless there is something holding or locking in the battery as you push it in?

Yeah that’s slightly different than the model I have , the one I have is the one that @Sprokitz posted , it fits fairly snug , like he mentioned , I usually use two hands when it’s just on the bench or sitting on the floor , but when it’s mounted on the wall , it’s fine , I can just use one hand
    Plus the battery sits slightly angled upwards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.482 seconds