dcsimg

Bosch 12v / 18v / 36v – New Tool & Tool Improvement Ideas

This topic contains 43 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  woodman_412 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author

DaveG.
    Pro

I know a lot of you guys come from different trades, etc… However, coming from the low-voltage / technology / security / integration field, there are some things that would make my work easier / more efficient.

Knowing what current tools are available in the market from other manufacturers, there are some things that would be great to see from Bosch in the 12v Max line (among some of the others). Knowing that their engineering is top-notch, and what tools they do have, they always seem to be but they are more powerful, more compact, more reliable, more run-time, etc.. Bosch may take a little longer to R&D with new tools, hopefully some of these may be in the works, but if not, maybe this topic may give them some ideas of what we’d like to see.

DaveG.
    Pro

– 12v Max USB Charger clip for plugging into battery pack
    Always have my headset / smartphone on site, and plenty of the 12v Max batteries charged up and on hand for tools. Would be nice to have a little USB port clip to pop a battery on to and charge up USB devices.

– Holster to fit 12v Max – newer version of the impactor’s shape is a little awkward to fit in most smaller holsters. Maybe make a partnership with CLC (Custom Leather Craft) for a line of holsters that fit specific tools?

– 36v compact wet/dry vac. Important to be compact and not Portable job cleanup. 36v would give it tons of power, and good run time (better than any other ones available on the market)
    if not marketable in a 36v option, what about using 2 – 18v batteries to give it the extra power to make it that much better?

– 360 Powerbox / 12v max stereo – add Bluetooth to link with iPhone/Android/Other Phones without having to keep the phone plugged in with a line-in cord. (have to run to the powerbox to unplug when calls come in)

– Powerbox 360 – Technically feasible to make an adapter to charge 12v Max batteries from available battery slot?

woodman_412

A rotary tool in the 12V line would be nice to see.

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Those are some good idea’s Dave. I use mostly larger tools, but I have a small dewalt 18v shop vac. It works well for smaller clean up. it also plugs in, so if you are by a outlet, just plug it in. I agree that a 36v would be a upgrade.

All great. USB ports are nearly
    Everywhere. I just have them on my battery pack
    I hardly use my smartphone for work. Other
    Then talk and text.
    I know you guys and big construction use
    Laptops and apps and Ipads.

i like the idea i saw elsewhere of etching a QR code onto the tool that can link you to say a tool manual or customer service or something along those lines

John S

DaveG.
    Pro

Nice!

To expand:

The QR Code could look up the page with links to *replacement parts*, *additional/replacement accessories* (holsters, LBoxx, chargers, betteries, bits/blades), specs, and manual – all in one place.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dave, bosch just announced a 12v radio at teh world of concrete tradeshow..

regarding the battery pack via usb port for a phone. i cant really see them doing something like that. but they would do it on the radio i imagine.. makita has that feature i think

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

nice thought dave.

i would think that more companies may try to mimic makita (i think it was makita?) in combining two batteries on one tool… a la two 18v functioning as 36v. so you could make a 24v w/ two 12v batteries…

John S

DaveG.
    Pro

I would think a USB port would be an easy / perfect add on to and upgraded version of the flashlight.

Thanks John. I saw the new 12v radio on the website after reading about it on Toolguyd.com. A little surprised that they didn’t do any bluetooth or have the radio charge the battery when plugged in… But then again, have you plugged a 12v max charger (with battery) into the Powerbox 360? Better not want to listen to the FM radio for 30 minutes (total static).

DaveG.
    Pro

Any idea what too they used with dual batteries?

Can I say that they stole my idea, if they thought of it first? =)

DaveG.
    Pro

Dan – I would really like the rotary tool in that line as well, but I heard from some Bosch sales reps at a trade show that it won’t happen since they own Dremel AND RotoZip (too much direct competition). The Dremel 10.8v (aka… “12v Max”) one has almost the exact same battery (reversed form factor) and the charging time is a ridiculous 3hrs. Comes with only 1 battery. Half of the time I end up putting my cutoff bits into the corded Rotozip with the smaller collett (sp?) installed, because the Dremel battery is too low, can’t charge fast enough, or isn’t powerful enough to cut through what I need to.

Closest thing to the rotary tool from Bosch is the 18v Die Grinder…. not variable speed.

DaveG.
    Pro

Thanks for the link — protoolreviews.com looks like a site similar to toolguyd.com with pretty well rounded reviews.

Wow. That Makita 18v x2 rotary hammer is HUGE.

Good to see that the technology is proven with current Lithium Ion technology.

I have the full line of 12v Max tools, and 36v Drills (1/2in hammer drill and rotary hammer), and would be willing to get into the 18v line if they had a vacuum that was an option. I really think a 36v option would be awesome (or 2x18v if necesssary)

dave – thanks for the heads up on the rotary tool… hadnt thought of bosch competing with bosch… sad day

John S

DaveG.
    Pro

I would really see adding a rotary tool it as a perfect opportunity, as I would think adding an additional tool would make a person buy into a line of tools… and with the expertise w/engineering rotary tools, it would be quite a simple feat.

woodman_412

I use my Dremel rotary tool for trimming for an exact fit when I cope mouldings so a cordless version that ties in with my 12V drills would be a great addition and make for one less cord to run.

Dan

danpattison.com

DaveG.
    Pro

What type of bit do you use for the mouldings?

woodman_412

back to a comment a made earlier, i was just thinking about how crazy it would be to use three 12v batteries on a 36v tool. It would certainly put all those extra 12v batteries we have laying around to use 🙂

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.956 seconds