dcsimg

Bosch 10" Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand (4100-09) Review

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the welcome.

Man Brad – you keep posting like this and I will keep being more and more impressed! A) your shop looks great (and very Boschy). B) those are SUPER helpful pics. C) feel free to ship the miter saw and stand my way if you find it sticks out too much 😛

John S

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Brad, We have been discussing your shop and have decided that it is just too clean and if you want to continue to talk to us you will have to get rid of that broom. ; )

This is a great review and definitely models what BTP is all about! I am definitely eying this saw, but I am a little torn since I now have a track saw… I forget – are you able to use dado blades with the bosch? That is one of the biggest reasons I would consider getting it….

John, how did I miss this? What track saw do you have?

Yes, you can use a dado blade but when I proposed the question on another thread I was advised to use a 6″ blade set just to make sure it had enough juice.

Oh yeahhh, I remember that now… that is right – thanks for triggering the memory!

Yes, the Festool now resides in my shop… It is a nice addition indeed!

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Man Brad – you keep posting like this and I will keep being more and more impressed! A) your shop looks great (and very Boschy). B) those are SUPER helpful pics. C) feel free to ship the miter saw and stand my way if you find it sticks out too much

Agreed! Man that shop looks incredible and I like the beefy tire I see on the right.

That is a great comparison of the two stands, my garage is just plain nasty compared to yours so I am glad you did the comparison shots so I don’t have to. All of those Lboxxes add a particularly good touch.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice review of the saw and the stand. One if the things that I have heard about the table saw is that when try to move the fence and the extentions, the clash with each other. Basicly you have to remove the fence. Thoughts?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Here’s a picture. I think if I was going to do it I would have it attached all the time and change the rule on the fence adjust. I checked and you can fold up the saw with the table extended. My only concern would leaving the router hanging on the insert. I think a dedicated housing would be OK and just remove the motor.

Totally forgot to mention how much I love this idea, its so clean and seamless I think that it would work great for a router table. The gravity rise stand is rock solid so I don’t think there would be any issues there. You could even drop down a safety switch below the table if you wanted to.

Nice review of the saw and the stand. One if the things that I have heard about the table saw is that when try to move the fence and the extentions, the clash with each other. Basicly you have to remove the fence. Thoughts?

You do have to move or remove the fence is you are going to extend the table to the right. Since its about a 3-4″ fence clamp it is possible for it to be on the boarder of the table and outrigger. Not a huge deal though.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

bahahaha you guys funny. The brooms gone… 😉

I will admit, I like a clean shop. It’s not always that way but you caught it on a good day. The lower cabinets are getting doors to cover up the l-boxxes so I did a little rearranging and clean up.

The tire belongs to my toyota Land Cruiser and is my real passion. I won’t plug up this thread with pics but maybe I will get around to posting up something on it.

The fence setup is a little goofy if you want to use the supplied tape measure, but does work. For a normal cut (with the ext in all the way) you move the fence. When you go to move the extension you put the fence all the way to the right and then move the extension and the fence as one to the desired width. It took me a moment to realize why the tape on the unit was so goofy.

I tend to open the extension all the way up and just use a tape measure for fence placement.

And thanks again for the welcome, welcome!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I was thinking the same thing when i saw that tire.. what is it that is hiding in the shadows… land cruiser… cool.

So i really like that table saw router table combo and might have missed it but did you make that up yourself or is that a kit you bought somewhere? great great idea indeed! dust collection?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s not mine, just a picture I found on the router forums. Apparently it’s quite common to put your router in a cabinet saw to save space and that gent tried it out on his portable.

I think it’s a great idea as well.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Since both of them can be dropped out of the way, it is a great idea. I’ll see if I can get a picture of my neighbors. He built a pretty good setup.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok dummy me I’m glad I read on through this topic, There are two different gravity stands. I’m still learning. The idea of converting table saw to router table has been around a long time and I’ve seen a few attempts as I have one from about 35 years ago, I like this particular set up a lot, It looks solid, Fairly quick to convert and space saving. Thanks for all the pics Brad.

Ok dummy me I’m glad I read on through this topic, There are two different gravity stands. I’m still learning.

I know – when I first learned about them I totally assumed they were just the same stand but for two different tools… no no, not at all… There goes the old saying about what assuming does yet again :\

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I will try and get some pictures of the “special” features on the mitre stand (well different if not special) if you like?

Maybe I should start it’s own thread.

Brad T

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice shop Brad – I’d love to see what’s attached to that fat tire there too, looks sweet. I had heard something about issue storing the table saw on its side, you had any problems with it or is it all good like that?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

great review jason, i have the 4000-05 and its been a great saw

regarding the outfeed thing,, simply build a couple of wooden sawhorses that are 3/4″ shorter than the saw table top then put a piece of 3/4 plywood across them.. perfect outfeed and work table

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

It’s definitely tough to justify if you have a track saw. I pretty much only use my table saw on the job when I do flooring, and my cheapo Ryobi works great for that. If I have a lot of rips to do or even a special rip I use my shop tablesaw at home.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I haven’t had any issues or read about any, but I have only had the saw for under a year. I do keep it fully retracted when stored, if that matters.

I don’t think I would want to be hauling this saw all over for a “contractor” saw. It’s just too big. It’s more of a long term jobsite or “I don’t have room for a saw in the shop”, type saw.

I thought I tried posting this already but here you guys go, Marmaduke;

He’s been to alaska twice, crossed the arctic circle more then that and toured all over the yukon and NWT.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Now those sound like trips I would like to do. I had a few jeeps that I had a lot of fun with, but I guess that is for another thread.

Jason, this is an awesome review! Great job… You make me want to get one of these saws even though I have absolutely no need for one! How loud is it in use?

Orange County, CA

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That saw would go great with my gravity rise miter stand and miter saw.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.654 seconds