dcsimg

Bosch 10" Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand (4100-09) Review

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow, that’s pretty innovative. The gauge on my GTS1031 is similar, I don’t use it much. I might need to see if it would benefit from doing this little mod.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Wow, that’s pretty innovative. The gauge on my GTS1031 is similar, I don’t use it much. I might need to see if it would benefit from doing this little mod.

I must admit, I didn’t think of it myself. The best fine woodworker I know stopped by and suggested it.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

The best fine woodworker I know stopped by and suggested it.

Is he a memeber of this forum by chance or can you convince him to sign up?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The best fine woodworker I know stopped by and suggested it.

Is he a memeber of this forum by chance or can you convince him to sign up?

Hahaha. I think he’s still on a rotary phone!

I did give him some of my bosch swag though.

Brad T

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I did give him some of my bosch swag though.

Way to go man, that was nice of you.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

A few quick taps with a punch and little finesse with sandpaper. Works great

Genius! Excellent idea brad and it certainly keeps the cost down.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

A few quick taps with a punch and little finesse with sandpaper. Works great

Genius! Excellent idea brad and it certainly keeps the cost down.

I’m hoping my new sled will replace the need for the 90 degree mitre. Then I can just use the oem gauge occasionally. I still have that incra in my sights though.

Brad T

For those of you who have had this saw for awhile, what are your thoughts about it? I am thinking of picking one up and wonder how the saw is holding up? How is the quality of the cut realizing the blade itself makes a big difference? I have read some negative reviews on the motor and alignment. Any help with my decision will be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who have had this saw for awhile, what are your thoughts about it? I am thinking of picking one up and wonder how the saw is holding up? How is the quality of the cut realizing the blade itself makes a big difference? I have read some negative reviews on the motor and alignment. Any help with my decision will be greatly appreciated.

I went from an old contractor saw (a Vector 1-3/4 HP model with iron table) to a used 3hp Unisaw that was not in perfect shape. Sold it for the GTS1031, which in turn was replaced by the 4100-09 a while back

With a good blade it is a beast. My all-purpose blade is a Tenryu Gold – its dead quiet and both rips and crosscuts well. I also use a Freud Industrial 24T Glue-line rip and a high tooth count Freud Diablo blade for plywood and mdf. Decided to go with a more disposable blade for man-made sheet goods since the glue can do a number on the blade edges.

With a few modifications, the dust capture is very respectable, the fence is square and solid when locked down, and the saw has little vibration and flex despite being on a mobile stand.

I highly recommend getting the rear outfeed extension. I also have the left side extension, but dont use it much since I cut down my sheets with a track and circular saw. But the rear extension is good for almost any cut of any length.

Push stick sucks, but is an ok template to make a wood one that won’t explode

Blade guards and riving knife are easy to take off and put on (or move out of the way) so they dont get left in a corner somewhere.

Stand is great.

I would recommend getting at least one zero clearance insert for it, and the dust bag does ok when you dont have a vac handy. Sometimes, cutting outside, I just use the bag instead to keep the dust from getting blown back at me

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.498 seconds