dcsimg

Bosch 10" Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand (4100-09) Review

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 229 total)
  • Author

I didn’t do anything to replace the clip. It’s a snug fit and works just sitting there.

Glad to hear that, that was the only hesitaiton that I had for my insert. I want to get that in and a sacrificial fence for the incra and see how she performs.

When I read this I was pretty stoked thinking that you had gotten the LS17 + Wonderfence!! But alas, it was only the Incra 1000HD miter gauge 😐 haha Though it will still be good to hear your thoughts on that as well 😛

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I got a little treat in the mail today. I don’t want to give too much away since I plan on writing a whole review on it. Hint: Its the Incra 1000HD Miter Gauge.

I got a little treat in the mail today. I don’t want to give too much away since I plan on writing a whole review on it. Hint: Its the Incra 1000HD Miter Gauge.

Naw, you didn’t give too much away at all 😛

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Incra is hard to beat in terms of quality, so I am betting you will be happy with it!

John S

I think you will enjoy that gauge a lot, Jason. It really is accurate and repeatable.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on that. It’s on my wishlist, but isn’t too high up. Your review may give it a little nudge. There are just other priorities right now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MKE_Voltage

If I may ask now, How does it fit in the slot?? Better than the stock one??? It’s probably adjustable but I’d still like a sneak preview

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Great review! I have had my 4100 for a couple of years now, it has held up well for the most part, I noticed the other day the finish is wearing off on the table top in front the blade..

What kind of blades do you guys like to use? Right now I’ve got a Marples from Lowes in mine. I usually have my Ridgid vac hooked up to it, and wear ear muffs.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

OK @MKE_Voltage you’ve had it for a day, give us the coles notes. I just about chucked the OEM one in the trash today.

I am using a Frued 90 tooth and a FS tool ripping blade in mine. Brought the table to a whole new level for me.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Great review Jason ! That is a really nice setup !

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Just for others out there with this saw, I fixed the miter gauge issue. A few quick taps with a punch and little finesse with sandpaper. Works great.

Brad T

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Here’s a tip I taught myself yesterday. I was ripping some shims and they kept wanting to fall down beside the blade and wouldn’t feed through, so I made a “redneck ” zero clearance insert..worked really well!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Yikes, that really is zero clearance. Almost seems like your going to rip up the kirf on that blade as soon as it spins up.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yikes, that really is zero clearance. Almost seems like your going to rip up the kirf on that blade as soon as it spins up.

At least it won’t hurt if it gets kicked up, I actually think it would get wrapped around.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s awesome Brian! Duct tape might hold better, that looks like electricians tape?? Maybe hockey tape?

Love it.

Brad T

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

That’s awesome Brian! Duct tape might hold better, that looks like electricians tape?? Maybe hockey tape?

Love it.

It’s electrical tape…it’s all I had with me. I hadn’t thought about it till now but duct tape might work as an actual zero clearance insert. Tape over the plate with the blade down , turn the saw on and raise the blade…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just for others out there with this saw, I fixed the miter gauge issue. A few quick taps with a punch and little finesse with sandpaper. Works great.

Holy Crap good thinking, I spect the sandpaper was to finalize the exact tolerances LOL. Good to know Thanks for posting

Great review! I have had my 4100 for a couple of years now, it has held up well for the most part, I noticed the other day the finish is wearing off on the table top in front the blade..

What kind of blades do you guys like to use? Right now I’ve got a Marples from Lowes in mine. I usually have my Ridgid vac hooked up to it, and wear ear muffs.

I am glad to hear it has lasted a long time for you and served you well – speaks highly of the internals on this bad boy!!

@brianpeters – perhaps start another thread on preferred table saw blades so as to help us sorta stay on topic haha 🙂

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I fixed the miter gauge issue.

Pretty sweet fix. Don’t know how I missed this post yesterday.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

FHB had a shim sled I duplicated. I love the thing.

I adjusted the design to my preference. My shims are about 9-10″ in length and go from about 5/16″ to zero. Really thin edge. Got into a habit of save short block of 2x to use.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Holy Crap good thinking, I spect the sandpaper was to finalize the exact tolerances LOL. Good to know Thanks for posting

Yup, I got a little tight so I just rubbed a little off. It still doesn’t fix the poor mitre return to zero but once set it works perfect. And it was cheap. 🙂

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.496 seconds