dcsimg

Bosch 1-1/8" SDS-Plus Bulldog Xtreme Max

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yea Brad it’s a all around winner! If your lookin at the one on the list, it’s the newest one that is the BullDog Extreme Max 1 1/8″ rotro hammer.

Yup, it’s going to be my next goal after my router bits.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am not sure it would work well for hogging out holes in lumber. I think a drill more like this would work better, I have never really used a Hammer drill in wood. These have a slow speed and lots of power. I see my plumbers and heating guys drilling 4″ holes with them all the time. I could not find something similar on the ?Bosch site,

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/corded/1680-20 or this

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/corded/1676-6

Anonymous
    Inactive

You lookin at a BullDog Dabbs?

Well……….Maybe but it’s not real high on the wish list yet. There’s been times when I needed one and I’m sure they’ll be more

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe but it’s not real high on the wish list yet.

Your wish list is like mine, too long.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Maybe but it’s not real high on the wish list yet.

Easy to do when I/we want one of everything on the list. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

What drill did you try first Dirty that didnt perform as well as the BullDog?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Easy to do when I/we want one of everything on the list. lol

Indeed!! I regularly revise my wish list back to reality 🙂 *sigh*

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What drill did you try first Dirty that didnt perform as well as the BullDog?

I didn’t have a rotro hammer drill that size. The rotro hammer drill I have is a 7/8th Hitachi and it works great. It’s just a rotro hammer tho and not a demo hammer.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I am not sure it would work well for hogging out holes in lumber.

Has anybody used this drill with the adapter for the regular drill bits. I like the fact you can choose what mode to use the tool in.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Has anybody used this drill with the adapter for the regular drill bits. I like the fact you can choose what mode to use the tool in.

NO, I haven’t. I see the adapter for sale at HD but carry a ½” drill for that stuff.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve never used a roto hammer, just a hammer drill. Is the roto hammer that much better?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve never used a roto hammer, just a hammer drill. Is the roto hammer that much better?

Yes it is. It’s a whole different thingy!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am not sure it would work well for hogging out holes in lumber.

I have a SDS pluscadapter for a 1/2″chuck. They don’t recommend using the chuck in hammer mode. Drilling smaller holes works fine, and driving screws works well, but it doesn’t seem to have the power for large holes.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yup, a whole different animal according to all the stuff I have read. This unit doesn’t get a bad review.

Thanks Kurt, that’s good info.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks. Guess this is another tool for the list.

Absolutely – you will wonder why you ever spent time trying to drill holes in concrete with a regular hammer drill once you try a rotary hammer drill.

I just want to double check, but can you use all of the different drilling modes with an adapter?

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think with the adapter, it’s for regular drill mode only. It’s to hold regular bits/drill so that makes sense.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yes it is. It’s a whole different thingy!<br>

Absolutely – you will wonder why you ever spent time trying to drill holes in concrete with a regular hammer drill once you try a rotary hammer drill.

Which one are you using? I’m thinking about the 18V to add to my collection.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Which one are you using? I’m thinking about the 18V to add to my collection.

That is right there after the router combo kit for me.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

If i had to drill a ton of holes i wouldnt think twice about getting a rot hammer to do it – but i just dont have a ton of holes to drill in concrete….yet…. 🙂 but when i do, Bosch it is.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

If i had to drill a ton of holes i wouldnt think twice about getting a rot hammer to do it – but i just dont have a ton of holes to drill in concrete….yet…. :) but when i do, Bosch it is.

I keep lookig at it on the list as a backup for my Bosch 18v rotary hammer, but can’t justify it. I have four batteries for the cordless so that will take care of anything I have to do.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.256 seconds