dcsimg

Bosch 1-1/8" SDS-Plus Bulldog Xtreme Max

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I received this rotary hammer about a month ago. With all the inside work I’ve been doing I’ve not had a good chance to use it at all. But at last I needed to do some 3/4″ holes drill in the concrete deck to dowel in some post for a railing and stair handrails. My first thought was how well the tool felt in my hands and how solid the tool felt! I went and marked out the 10 hole that needed to be drilled and then got the bit out for the job. The chuck seemed very well made and the bit went right in. We did try another drill before the BullDog Max but it was a no go because of how hard the stone was. The BullDog Extream Max made short work of the 3/4″ holes drilling the 6″ deep holes in about 12 seconds each. The tool is a dream to use and I can’t wait to give it a bigger workout.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Glad to hear you were able to give it a workout. I’ve only gotten to use mine in chipping mode so far but it is a beast.

That is awesome! I have the model one up from the Bulldog…almost bought one but went with the larger model…it too feels great and makes short work drilling and chipping concrete and tile…awesome!

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That is awesome! I have the model one up from the Bulldog…almost bought one but went with the larger model…it too feels great and makes short work drilling and chipping concrete and tile…awesome!

Scot you know each model has it’s own best use. I do need a one larger rotor hammer and then a demo hemmer. Why don’t you post up a review of your hammer and some pics so we all can see it?

Scot you know each model has it’s own best use. I do need a one larger rotor hammer and then a demo hemmer. Why don’t you post up a review of your hammer and some pics so we all can see it?

Agreed with what he said 😛

Dirty – glad you could finally put your bulldog to use! What sort of stone were you dealing with? Is there any way to compare it to the psi of concrete? Keep up updated on your thoughts on the bulldog!!

John S

I will do a review of it — it will probably be a month or so, though, but I am getting ready to demo some more tile and it will be the perfect opportunity.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Keep up updated on your thoughts on the bulldog!!

Will do John. The stone I can’t remember what it was called , but I first went through the stone the in to the concrete it was laid on.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I will do a review of it — it will probably be a month or so, though, but I am getting ready to demo some more tile and it will be the perfect opportunity.

The Xtreme cuts through tile like butter so I can only imagine what the big guy will do. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for that one. What kind of bits are you using Dirty? That’s the only thing I dislike about my first SDS is the price of the bits.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What kind of bits are you using Dirty?

The GC picked this up at the CityMill

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow great review Dirty, It sure is nice to have the right tool for the job huh. i’ve used one of those only once and thought they were a beast. Wish I had more uses for one.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hey @DirtyWhiteBoy

Are you still liking/using this rotary hammer? I am looking at it for drilling 5/8 lag bolts into concrete, hogging out big holes in lumber and maybe the odd tile removal?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

The Bulldog is a nice little unit. I was planning on getting one but when a recon Waukee went on sale for $90, I couldn’t pass it up.

The Milwaukee does a great job! It is a great tool and is very close to the Bulldog but the Bulldog is a bit of a better tool by just a hair. The Bosch is a little more comfortable to use and vibration is not felt as much.

I have no problem recommending the Bulldog!!

Thatkid
    Pro

I was just using a bulldog today drilling for tap cons and I like it a lot better than the dewalt. At some point I want to pick one up but I don’t have a lot of things to use one for.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have the bulldog, it is a great drill. Ours has a lot of miles on it and is starting to feelit’s age. Anyone know if they are rebuildable.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks guys, all the reviews I read online today say it’s a pretty nice little unit. Should be perfect for us.

Brad T

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve got that same rotary hammer, it has saved me lots of time!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey @DirtyWhiteBoy

Are you still liking/using this rotary hammer? I am looking at it for drilling 5/8 lag bolts into concrete, hogging out big holes in lumber and maybe the odd tile removal?

Yea Brad it’s a all around winner! If your lookin at the one on the list, it’s the newest one that is the BullDog Extreme Max 1 1/8″ rotro hammer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the bulldog, it is a great drill. Ours has a lot of miles on it and is starting to feelit’s age. Anyone know if they are rebuildable.

I’m sure it is, As far as an economical way to go ya might want to check out.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You lookin at a BullDog Dabbs?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yea Brad it’s a all around winner! If your lookin at the one on the list, it’s the newest one that is the BullDog Extreme Max 1 1/8″ rotro hammer.

Yup, it’s going to be my next goal after my router bits.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.420 seconds