dcsimg

Boral truexterior

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hmmm interesting.. kents carries it.. their not far.. just sucks that kents pricing is absolutely horrendous compared to every one else.. the cedar deck i did last year was originally going to be composite.. i priced up what kents had and it was gonna be 30% more for the decking compared to every other supplier…

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

better building practice to keep all composite or engineerd siding prodcuts up off a roofline like that 2″

We always keep it up 2inches or so!

No shouldn’t be an issue with this product at all.

There’s a issue with any product here because that’s where the moss will grow when the product goes all the way down allowing crap & moisture to collect there for the moss and algae to grow on.

this is the first ive heard of boral,

It’s never been heard of out here either.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is the installation guidelines for the true exterior trim products. It does discuss ground contact of the product and says it is allowed. It does not address separation at a roofline but I would guess it would allow less than the 2 inches as it is moisture resistant.

http://www.boralamerica.com/Media/Default/Resources/Trim/TruExterior-Install-Guide.pdf

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Everyone says that Boral is stable and doesn’t move. I don’t think so. We’re currently building a house and the whole thing is covered in Boral. There are numerous joints that we fussed with while installing to get tight that are now open just a few week or months later. The stuff moves.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.349 seconds