dcsimg

Bolt storage ideas

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Our local big box has plastic drywall pans that they have “free with rebate” quite often. I always grab them as they end up costing about 35 – 40 cents each with the sales tax and postage for the rebate. I made clips to hang then on the wall like plastic bins. They work well and hold a lot. You could also just slide them into a shelf.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Most coffee cans are plastic with re-sealable lids now..

I drink a lot of coffee, so I have tons of them. I would fill them up and poke one of the items through the lid, so you can identify whats inside…

--Steve

All the guys here have good suggestions so far – and I would still be an advocate for the L-boxx 1a (though you said you didn’t want to do that route).

And the open bins are great for shop use even though rust may become an issue… but perhaps just throw in a pack or two of silica gel either in the open bins or the other containers the guys have mentioned

John S

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

All the guys here have good suggestions so far – and I would still be an advocate for the L-boxx 1a (though you said you didn’t want to do that route).

And the open bins are great for shop use even though rust may become an issue… but perhaps just throw in a pack or two of silica gel either in the open bins or the other containers the guys have mentioned

I try to keep my tool in tool in one kind of case and hardware in another. L-boxx’s are for bosch tools.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like plastic peanut butter jars .

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I’ve used those too in the past. (With 8 kids, we go thru a lot of it!)

Thatkid
    Pro

I would just build some wood boxes and keep them in there

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I would just build some wood boxes and keep them in there

I obtained some crate boards today which are what I build shop storage out of. Not sure on the design yet, I’ll figure it out as I build it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve used those too in the past. (With 8 kids, we go thru a lot of it!)

8 kids, wow you must go trough a lot of everything.

Ron

Does it come it 5 gallon pails? 🙂 How many carpenter assistants do you have @hdpro?

Those are a good size for most hardware plus being clear = perfect. I eat a ton of Target’s trail mix but it is a bit shorter and wider of a plastic jar and I don’t appreciate it in terms of how much room it takes up. The fact that the coffee cans aren’t clear + the fact I don’t like coffee and don’t drink it = not an option for me 😛

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Does it come it 5 gallon pails? :) How many carpenter assistants do you have @hdpro?

@pi_woodworker
    , (laughing) I’m sure it does but thankfully we haven’t resorted to that yet!

I have 1 that helps me extensively, 1 that’s training to help me, and 1 that wants to help when they get a bit older (attention span still a little too short:-) ). The rest will willfully “help” under gentle bribing when needed! LOL

@hdpro – I was hoping I would crack you up on that one. Actually 5 gallon pails come in handy. Anyway, it’s wonderful you have such a large family. It’s special when the grandson comes to help me. Still aways away from serious teaching since he’s 8. He likes to clean up and does a pretty good job. Enjoy your crew!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

The PB jar idea is a good one, I don’t think I would be able to do it if they weren’t clear, I just wouldn’t be smart enough to read labels, or they would slow me down too much.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@pi_woodworker,

My oldest son (my 2nd oldest child) started out very young. For Christmas when he was 3, I built him his own 5′ work bench. He had a vise, tools, etc. I went to the local Salvation Army store and bought him a bunch of things (radio, blow dryer, toaster, etc and cut the cords off. By the afternoon he had them all disassembled and made into something else! 🙂

At 3 1/2, he was outside watching our neighbor at the time (who was also a contractor) work on his house. My neighbor kept trying to stump him, but he knew the name of every tool and what it was used for! It’s funny hearing a 3 yr old try to say “circular saw”!

We homeschool, so it gives us flexibility. At 7, he became my “seat buddy”. He’s about to finish (next week) his 1st yr of college. He already knows waaay more about a lot of things than I do. I sure miss my “seat buddy!”

My oldest informed us we’ll be grandparents in October. I’m only in my 40’s. I’m too young to be a grandpa!

Oh well, it’s back to collecting peanut butter jars for bolt containers for me…..

I’m too young to be a grandpa!

I used to say that too! Let me tell you, life reaches a whole another level when you become a grandpa. Have fun and thanks for sharing. 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m too young to be a grandpa!

I used to say that too! Let me tell you, life reaches a whole another level when you become a grandpa. Have fun and thanks for sharing. :)

That’s a fact. Grandchildren are so much fun.
    Still nothing better than having the option of sending them home.

Ron

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Or spoiling them rotten and loading them with sugar just before they have to go home…

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

That’s how I keep a large quantity of bolt and screw

Doobie

Or spoiling them rotten and loading them with sugar just before they have to go home…

LMAO! Good one!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.545 seconds