dcsimg

Blaklader X1600 Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats a rough one, here on the east coast blaklader is almost non existant now. i know two local tool / work wear stores have backed out of selling it as it does not move off the shelf very quick with such a high price point. the pants start at over $120 for the lower end models and then $280 for a pair of pants.. no thanks

i have 2 pairs of the helly hanson chelsea pants which are similar to the x1600, several stores sell them here and go for $105. they are very durable and the extra pockets are a awesome touch. my only complaint is the fit, they are designed for someone with thin legs however i lift weights and have bigger thghs.. i have to go up 2 waist sizes just so that my legs fit in them. they are also are restricting when it comes to moving around easily, espcially when climbing.

i really want to try truwerk however no one sells them in canada yet,, and even talking directly to them thye would not ship me a pair if ordered direct

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

To be honest BTP. I really don’t care about a warranty anymore.. We’ll see what happens.

What I can say, Is i’ll be more than happy to start new threads and post here about other brands at least available to us. Start opening our minds to other brands and continue down the road I first traveled.

Professional, functional, Unique and modern in design reflecting trends in Europe. Almost like how here now we are looking at using more a rock climbing design to hard hats… Time to get with the flow…

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

thats a rough one, here on the east coast blaklader is almost non existant now. i know two local tool / work wear stores have backed out of selling it as it does not move off the shelf very quick with such a high price point. the pants start at over $120 for the lower end models and then $280 for a pair of pants.. no thanks

i have 2 pairs of the helly hanson chelsea pants which are similar to the x1600, several stores sell them here and go for $105. they are very durable and the extra pockets are a awesome touch. my only complaint is the fit, they are designed for someone with thin legs however i lift weights and have bigger thghs.. i have to go up 2 waist sizes just so that my legs fit in them. they are also are restricting when it comes to moving around easily, espcially when climbing.

i really want to try truwerk however no one sells them in canada yet,, and even talking directly to them thye would not ship me a pair if ordered direct

Thanks for the comments Jeff. I’m sorry the Blaklader doesn’t fit your muscular frame, I never even thought of that. I have huge calfs, so no skinny pants for me. I doubt my calves are close to your size though. If only Blaklader had more representation here in Canada. I can’t speak for the US, it may be different. I’m betting it 94% Europe based.

I first saw Truewerk when I did the Winter Arborist gig to survive and learn skills. Always thought it must be durable but like you noticed they were more focused on the US for their startup. Fair enough, closer than Europe.

A Working Pro since 2004

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yes.. i dont like the look nor the fit of jeans for anorexic men.. and my fellas like their own space.. soo.. start making pants fit properly again clothing companys.. work or casual.

the only jeans i can find that actually fit are levis “athletic fit” their made for guys with bigger legs

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

yes.. i dont like the look nor the fit of jeans for anorexic men

They are called Hippsters over here LOL! …
    I have meaty legs as well and very wide feet. Shoes and pants have always been a challenge for me. I fine the 1600s and the 1601s fit but when they start to sag down they bind up a lot restricting range of motion.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just started to use my new X1600 Blaklader work pants and I love them!! The only thing is they always start to fail at the same point on every one. Just under the front pockets start to get thin and then the hole forms. I did have the legs hemmed up and will try to use that material to fix the thin area one my old pants and see what happens.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did have the legs hemmed up and will try to use that material to fix the thin area one my old pants and see what happens.

Hopefully you can get some more life out of the old ones.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I just started to use my new X1600 Blaklader work pants and I love them!! The only thing is they always start to fail at the same point on every one. Just under the front pockets start to get thin and then the hole forms. I did have the legs hemmed up and will try to use that material to fix the thin area one my old pants and see what happens.

That is a good idea to use the cut offs to repair your old pants to get more life of them.
    I really thinking I would like to get a pair of Blaklader pants. I sure they would last me a long time.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I sure they would last me a long time.

They seem like a really good choice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I sure they would last me a long time.

They seem like a really good choice.

They have been something I have been wanted to try for while now. Then I end up changing my mind. Also I think I might want shorts instead.

Greg

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Blaklader pants have definitely gone down in quality over the years. I’ve had a few pairs fail on me in different ways. I would check out the Cat brand pants they seem way more durable.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Blaklader pants have definitely gone down in quality over the years. I’ve had a few pairs fail on me in different ways. I would check out the Cat brand pants they seem way more durable.

That is too bad to hear about the quality of Blakladers pants.

Where to you buy Cat brand pants?

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That is too bad to hear about the quality of Blakladers pants.

Where to you buy Cat brand pants?

I’ve been using the Blaklader Brawny Work Pants the last few day and they are very heavy duty.

Dirty

That’s a good idea , too bad about the pants wearing fast around that area , but I’m sure you use them hard

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

3 years on my Blak 1600’s now. I rotate them weekly and only wear them for the colder months. Starting to get pretty worn, but likely will get another year from them. The knee pads make them worth wearing in my opinion. I am debating getting a pair of the 3/4 shorts.

Doobie

I am debating getting a pair of the 3/4 shorts.

Those are my favorites. Perfect when you need knee pads, but it’s getting too hot outside for full length pants.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

3 years on my Blak 1600’s now. I rotate them weekly and only wear them for the colder months. Starting to get pretty worn, but likely will get another year from them. The knee pads make them worth wearing in my opinion. I am debating getting a pair of the 3/4 shorts.

you don’t get holes in the fronts right above the black fabric? 😢

Dirty

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

No, I just looked at mine and they show minimal wear there. Mine are getting a little shredded at the bottom leg cuff where you would expect it. My hammer loop also ripped out a few weeks ago, so I now have one that slides through my belt.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No, I just looked at mine and they show minimal wear there. Mine are getting a little shredded at the bottom leg cuff where you would expect it. My hammer loop also ripped out a few weeks ago, so I now have one that slides through my belt.

Hummm I use em 2 to 3 times a week, All the time. I really don’t know how much time I get outta them, I use the 3/4 pants at time when the job will permit. I’m now on the full length pants because it’s a job with strict safety practices. I just started to use a brawney work pants and they are very stiff. They feel very strong. I’ll be using them 2 or 3 days a week now.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve been using the Blaklader Brawny Work Pants the last few day and they are very heavy duty.

All the reviews I read on the pants have been positive. Everyone seems to like them and they hold up really well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.726 seconds