dcsimg

Blaklader VS Bjornklader

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I can see what he means by dumpy that’s how my carhartts felt

what do you guys mean when you say dumpy?

Meaning like droopy or bulky.

Yes this

It does look like Bjornklader makes some nice pants – but boy the name thing is confusing to me. I know it is totally different but at first glance it looks really similar and kinda messes with my mind.

John S

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I can see what he means by dumpy that’s how my carhartts felt

I got lined Carhartts last year. The waist was ok but the thigh area was massive ! I sent them back.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It does look like Bjornklader makes some nice pants – but boy the name thing is confusing to me. I know it is totally different but at first glance it looks really similar and kinda messes with my mind.

Totally agree on that. What’s the stick with that anyways?

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I went up the the Lazy Piggs house today and work on siding. I gave the Blakladers to @jjp I got for him.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kzcarp
    Pro

I’m wearing Bjornkladers as we speak. They’re awesome. I have 3 pairs. The khakis, black, and gray, all in the Jubilee line. I think the fit is great. Plenty of room, but without feeling dumpy like american cuts sometimes run. But they’re not tight, either. I don’t want to look like I’m about to party at a euro club. I think the carpenter aces are a tighter fit.

As for the kneepads, I just have the $11 basic ones, and they’ve served me very well and have been durable so far. But, I’ve never had any knee problems or anything. They might not be adequate for your needs.

@kurt@welkerhomes.com

The ace are a different fit. I can’t explain it, but I think the ‘rise’ is a little shorter than an American cut pant. I keep feeling like I’m having to pull them up. But there is plenty of room in the thigh and ample room for long-johns under them. Maybe a bit tight in the seat (or maybe my ass is too big, IDK) For me the fit is better in the Bjornklader vs the Blaklader.
    bjorn = bear
    klader = clad (duh)
    Blak = ? black

kevin

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I was the same way when I first saw the names and went back and forth to make sure I was not looking at it wrong. They do make interesting clothing. I will have to try some. I really like the looks of their jackets also. Both companies jackets.

In comparison to Duluth’s fire hose line, which of these three companies take the cake in terms of value/quality?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Duluth

F*#k Duluth they’re not even in the running.

Dirty

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Duluth

Lol. Well I guess that settles it. I don’t have anything Duluth but I think they try to make them out to be like blaklader quality.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

In comparison to Duluth’s fire hose line, which of these three companies take the cake in terms of value/quality?

those are some pretty sweet jackets

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a Duluth pant I need to return now. I hate returns to the online.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What’s the matter with your pants from Duluth?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just don’t like em. No hammer loop the pockets are vertical and I can’t hook my tape there. there’s no where to put the tape.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just don’t like em. No hammer loop the pockets are vertical and I can’t hook my tape there. there’s no where to put the tape.

Yep I can see why they are being returned. Duluth is easy on returns. Just call the toll free number and they’ll take care of it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I don’t actually like to use the Hammer loop on the blaklader pants for a hammer. Almost every time I bend down my leg hits the handle and it pops up and nearly comes out of the loop. I prefer to hook something on it like a tape.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Nyx I had this issue with the hammer loop also. It happened to me quite often when climbing up onto the roof and almost losing the hammer. I just take it out of the loop when I do any climbing now. When I’m standing in one spot working it helps quite a bit though.

A Working Pro since 2004

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Duluth

I hope they hold up. I just got my first pair today! My carharts suck. Just not fitting right and I blow out the crotches in 6 months.

I typically leave the hammer on my belt so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

@Nyx I had this issue with the hammer loop also. It happened to me quite often when climbing up onto the roof and almost losing the hammer. I just take it out of the loop when I do any climbing now. When I’m standing in one spot working it helps quite a bit though.

Yeah, I wonder if it’s just a matter of the loop being to far to the rear of the leg instead of to the side.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Duluth

I hope they hold up. I just got my first pair today! My carharts suck. Just not fitting right and I blow out the crotches in 6 months.

I typically leave the hammer on my belt so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I think it was just the style. I’m thinkin the firehose pants could be good.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.604 seconds