dcsimg

Blaklader Shorts

This topic contains 50 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dustin Dustincoc 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I’ve finally had a chance to get some wear out of my new Blaklader shorts now that the weather has been hot. I am just as impressed with the shorts as I was with the pants. They have excellent functionality, they are well made, very comfortable and are a lighter weight material so they are cool. The shorts are made from an 8oz fabric as opposed to the pants which are 12oz. Just like the pants, my favorite feature is the extra tool/fastener pockets on the front. I have found that those pockets are very useful both in the shop and on site. I can keep a variety of tools and supplies close at hand and not have to wear a tool belt. I have also found that the larger capacity of the back pockets comes in handy for holding gloves. The extra belt loops are also a nice feature and seem to hold a belt much better than pants with standard belt loops, especially when something like a measuring tape is clipped on the belt. The shorts have the same quality construction as the pants and look to be very durable.

I have been very pleased with both the pants and the shorts from Blaklader and they are all that I wear now for work pants most days. I find that when I wear other pants or shorts I really miss having the extra pockets. I would highly recommend these shorts to anyone looking for a quality work short that have excellent functionality. A big thanks to BTP and Blaklader for more great prizes!

Dan

danpattison.com

Profile photo of Mark (Redwood)
    redwood
    Pro

Pics please. PG-13 please

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

Would you settle for a pic of the shorts by themselves? I don’t think anyone needs to see my pasty white legs 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

Don’t you have tanning salons in Canada?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

lol yeah but you wouldn’t catch me in one 😛 I’ll try and get some pics at some point this week.

Dan

danpattison.com

hahaha thanks for sparing us Dan. I need to try out these shorts so I can compare them with the pants. And I will try to spare you guys from pics of my legs as well

John S

redwood
    Pro

You guys can crop out the legs. We just need to see the fit. Maybe load up the pockets.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Pro
    Jackson, TN

Thanks for the info. I had reservations about ordering the shorts because the material looked like heavy denim.

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I still haven’t had a chance to get a pic of the shorts up. I did have a small issue with my shorts this week with the pocket on the leg that has the velcro on the flap. I went to lift up the flap to put my keys in the pocket and when I did the stitching pulled right through the velcro. The stitching didn’t let go, it’s still intact in the fabric but the velcro itself failed. The pocket still works but the velcro is only partially attached now.

Dan

danpattison.com

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I just noticed this week that the velcro on the pocket of my second pair of shorts is coming off as well. This might be something that Blaklader should take a look at, maybe use a heavier grade velcro material to prevent the stitching from pulling through it.

Dan

danpattison.com

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, is it that or your still working on the tan lol

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

lol I don’t think there is much hope of getting my legs tanned up with my white Scottish complexion Jeff. I just burn and freckle more. I need to make a point of getting my wife to take a pic of the shorts when I get home from the shop one of these days.

Dan

danpattison.com

Sad day on the velcro. Haven’t used my shorts enough to challenge their durability

John S

redwood
    Pro

Will you guys consider checking in with Blaklader? Seems that you haven’t worn them enough to warrant such problems.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I was curious to see if there would be any response on this thread from Blaklader after I posted about the problem that I had with the velcro but I guess not. It’s not a huge deal especially since I got them for free but they may want to know about it. Maybe Aaron would have a suggestion.

Dan

danpattison.com

I am in the bad habit of just wearing my throw-away-able shorts when I do work around my house and for friends that I haven’t put hardly any miles on my blaklader shorts. I really want to give ’em a try, though.

John S

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

id say youd have to contact them directly and then watch for new stock that comes into a local supplier dan. such as ” murphy gear” for us

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

Have you had any issues with the velcro on your shorts Jeff?

Dan

danpattison.com

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

no issues at all dan.., although i hardly use those pockets. i mainly just use the knife pocket and front fastener pockets

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I usually put my truck keys in the pocket with the velcro so I’m into it 2-3 times per day. The pocket still works without the velcro but it’s not quite as secure now since there is nothing to hold the flap down.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.500 seconds