dcsimg

blaklader pants version 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i wouldnt mind trying the blaklader overalls. currently i only have carhartt duck and denim ones. one of two local blaklader dealers have the overalls but in limited selection of sizes. i might get the helly hanson chelsea overalls . their only $5 more than the pants which are pretty much the same as the x1600’s

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@bethepro any chance that we will see other gear from Blaklader on the list?

I will be speaking with them about expanding the list a bit when I see their CEO in Vegas. Another reason for you all to hop on board the WOC train.

Jim

That would be great, but unfortunately my wife would veto a trip to Vegas! Don’t even have to ask to know the answer to that question!

Well then don’t invite her.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wore my new pants all day yesterday while cleaning up outside.
    Initially they were quite stiff but as the day went on, they started to break in.
    At the end of the day, I threw them in the wash and was surprised that they were not to be put in the dryer. Had to pull out the wire sweater rack to lay them out on.

Very pleased with them so far.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

i wouldnt mind trying the blaklader overalls.

I’d really like a pair of them as well but I would want to try them on for fit first. Those chest pockets and slots really appeal to ke and having them held up with the straps are a good thing too.

yellaD
    Pro

Went to Atlas tools today and saw the display of Blaklader pants, I gotta say the 1600’s look sweet in real life!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Went to Atlas tools today and saw the display of Blaklader pants, I gotta say the 1600’s look sweet in real life!

maybe i need to go down there and figure out what my pant size is. apparently the ones i have are too tight.

Doobie

maybe i need to go down there and figure out what my pant size is. apparently the ones i have are too tight.

Couldn’t get them exchanged??

I love my Blakladers. I do find they fit me for size like any other pant/jean though.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Mine are now a part of my regular rotation. Not totally in love with them, but depending on my tasks for the day, I wear them. The knee pads are the clincher for me.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@r-ice
    bring them with you as Blacklader will be at WOC.
    I have been wearing mine while working in the garage lately and really like them. Lots of room to move around in and the knee pads are a great bonus.

— Glenn Botting

yellaD
    Pro

What size are your pants?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It says 34 but its tighter. I don’t know exactly what size as it says 34. check it out next time.

What size are your pants?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I just got a new button put on a pair of 1900’s that have been collecting dust. it will be nice to get a third pair back into the rotation.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I just got a new button put on a pair of 1900’s that have been collecting dust. it will be nice to get a third pair back into the rotation.

Hey @kswiss,
    Did you have Blacklader fix them for you or did you take them to a alteration shop?

— Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Did you have Blacklader fix them for you or did you take them to a alteration shop?

Just took them to a local shop. I don’t know why I waited so long it only cost me $3 to get a new button put on. Blaklader did send me a brand new pair though and I got to keep the broken pair.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Just took them to a local shop. I don’t know why I waited so long it only cost me $3 to get a new button put on. Blaklader did send me a brand new pair though and I got to keep the broken pair.

Now that is great customer service, a spare pair for free.. $3 can’t be beat, will the repair take a beating?

— Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Now that is great customer service, a spare pair for free.. $3 can’t be beat, will the repair take a beating?

Well I guess only time will tell. If the button breaks again I’ll figure out a better solution. I’ll get some pics of the repair in a bit here.

Doobie

Just took them to a local shop. I don’t know why I waited so long it only cost me $3 to get a new button put on.

I would uave thought it would have cost more.

Bsically, you paid $3 for a new pair in a sense. Sweet deal and ultimately good CS from Blaklader despite the initial response from them taking a while IIRC.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here are some pics, you can see where they put the new button on. Also included a comparison pic of the two same pairs.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Doobie

Here are some pics, you can see where they put the new button on.

Hmmm. They probably should have also done something to fill in or keep the old buton tear hole from itself migrating in size by solidifying that area. The material pull over time with the other one so close is apt to loosen the fabric weave over time. Doesn’t that make sense?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here are some pics, you can see where they put the new button on.

Hmmm. They probably should have also done something to fill in or keep the old buton tear hole from itself migrating in size by solidifying that area. The material pull over time with the other one so close is apt to loosen the fabric weave over time. Doesn’t that make sense?

It does make sense I haven’t worn the new pair yet, I’ll probably get the other part reinforced this weekend. The guy who fixed it said that he is not used to working with such heavy material.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.188 seconds