dcsimg

blaklader pants version 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I’ve had several pairs over the last few years and love them. However the last couple pair seemed to wear out pretty quick compared to some of my older ones. They also changed the knee pads pocket which makes it harder to get the pads in, especially the red backs. All in all I still like them.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I recently bought a pair of Duluth flex firehouse work pants, and love them! Wear them 3 or 4 days in a row, hate to put on jeans for work now. I’ve been eyeing the Blaklader, and have been wondering if the cloth is similar to these from Duluth?

I think the x1900 are probably the toughest pants blaklader makes. I’ve had a couple pairs and they held up great. Maybe @utopia78 knows of a tougher pair though

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was able to try on some Blaklader pants X1600 (grey/black) at the WOC.
    I gotta say those are some heavy duty and thick pants. no wonder they last “a decade” 😀
    I definitely know now what size I need but I am curious if those pants will be to warm during the summer times here in the desert.
    I might just go with some short pants which I wear 11month of the year.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I definitely know now what size I need but I am curious if those pants will be to warm during the summer times here in the desert.

They make a three quarter length pant that still allows having knee pads. I have a pair, and they are my favorite.

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16011370-x1600-pants#16617

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was able to try on some Blaklader pants X1600 (grey/black) at the WOC.
    I gotta say those are some heavy duty and thick pants. no wonder they last 😀
    I might just go with some short pants which I wear 11month of the year.

@madman_us,
    They definitely are a heavy pant, I struggle to wear mine in the summer but still do. As Kevin mention, maybe take a look at the 3/4 pant to wear in your climate.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Not sure if I would like a X1600 3/4 pants. But thanks for mentioning that, I guess I’ll go with the short pants – temps are brutal here 😀
    The short pants weather actually starts in a week or two….temps are going back up.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They make a three quarter length pant that still allows having knee pads. I have a pair, and they are my favorite.

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16011370-x1600-pants#16617

I use these pants most of the time, the full length pants are just too hot.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m not sure if these Blaklader x1500 Shorts are new but I haven’t seen them before. I just remember the 3/4 length pirate style that offers a little more leg protection.

“Our popular X1500 series is also available as shorts. The comfortable fit and lots of practical pocket solutions make these work shorts a great choice in warm weather. The shorts have two free nail pockets in CORDURA® with tool loops that can be worn inside the trousers. Leg pocket with telephone pocket in water-resistant material”.
    http://www.wrkwear.com/x-1500-short/

*image taken from http://www.wrkwear.com

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:
    Doobie

I’m not sure if these Blaklader x1500 Shorts are new but I haven’t seen them before.

I redeemed for those last summer Chris. Great shorts with lots of pockets. One thing I have found is that they fit tighter for the same size as their other pants I have of theirs. You might want to get a size larger. I also wished they had them in another colour than black. For the summer, black is the worst colour in the sun.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Doobie Thanks for the feedback on them and sizing, not sure how I missed them. Totally agree that other colors are needed as the black do get rather hot. Even the grey/black mix would have been more sensible.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

My blaklader pants started really falling apart. I couldn’t get another pair that I wanted right away so I just ended up picking up some carhartt pants instead. Definitely missing the blakladers already

mommozz
    Pro

I have the x1600 that I used for the winter and it’s perfect. The pockets, comfort, and how damned tough they are. But summer here in MA can be a little too humid and I don’t think the heavy cotton is going to do well.

So I ordered myself another pair on some European website, got the 1525 Lightweight Craftsman Trouser. They’re okay. Not as many pockets as the x1600 but damn do the polyester/cotton blend breathe well.

Now I feel like I need another pair, so I was looking at the Bantam. Anyone of you who has a pair can tell me of the floppy pockets come with utility loops? It’s kind of a deal breaker for me. Some websites show the pants with the loops, some don’t.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I have the x1600 that I used for the winter and it’s perfect. The pockets, comfort, and how damned tough they are. But summer here in MA can be a little too humid and I don’t think the heavy cotton is going to do well.

So I ordered myself another pair on some European website, got the 1525 Lightweight Craftsman Trouser. They’re okay. Not as many pockets as the x1600 but damn do the polyester/cotton blend breathe well.

Now I feel like I need another pair, so I was looking at the Bantam. Anyone of you who has a pair can tell me of the floppy pockets come with utility loops? It’s kind of a deal breaker for me. Some websites show the pants with the loops, some don’t.

I’m pretty sure @utopia78 is the blaklader expert here

Doobie

You’re referring to these pants?

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16301310-bantam-work-pants-with-utility-pockets#16477

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Definitely missing the blakladers already

All those pockets come in handy I’m sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Definitely missing the blakladers already

All those pockets come in handy I’m sure.

The big floppy front pockets and having built in knee pads are awesome imo. Just nuts about my Blakläders!

mommozz
    Pro

You’re referring to these pants?

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16301310-bantam-work-pants-with-utility-pockets#16477

Yeap. That’s the one. But the reviews I see on YouTube do not have utility loops like the one you linked. As with half of the pictures on online stores

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@mommozz
    I have about a half a dozen pairs of the Bantam pants. All but the oldest pair has the loops on the right pocket. This is NOT the case with the Bantam shorts though…for some reason, the navy pairs don’t have the loops…not sure why. Perhaps I’m getting sent old stock, but the tan shorts come with the loops.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

mommozz
    Pro

@mommozz I have about a half a dozen pairs of the Bantam pants. All but the oldest pair has the loops on the right pocket. This is NOT the case with the Bantam shorts though…for some reason, the navy pairs don’t have the loops…not sure why. Perhaps I’m getting sent old stock, but the tan shorts come with the loops.

Thanks. Ordering one right now. Hope they don’t send me an old one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I used foe the first time yesterday the Brawny work pants.. Does anyone else use these pants? After using the 3/4 pants for so long I’m kinda setback at the lack of pockets..

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.266 seconds