dcsimg

blaklader pants version 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

But if one person from each side decides to trade a pair of shorts, and gifts them to the person on the other side of the boarder, would they still get hit by customs?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

But if one person from each side decides to trade a pair of shorts, and gifts them to the person on the other side of the boarder, would they still get hit by customs?

hmm thats a very good question, maybe if the tags were off. I don’t know, might get hit anyways, it all depends on the guys at the border and how they feel that day.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have a simple question; If I want to redeem some blaklader shorts how does it work? I don’t see a blaklader online shop where to order or using a promo code.
    Or do I have to tell Jim in the email which product and which size I would like to have? I am definitely into some shorts

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

hmm thats a very good question, maybe if the tags were off. I don’t know, might get hit anyways, it all depends on the guys at the border and how they feel that day.

They don’t care if you are coming in with what is deemed as new and you say it is a gift you bought for someone or if you claim it was a gift received from somebody you were visiting that they gave to you that you are bringing back. They treat it no different than anything else you are importing.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Or do I have to tell Jim in the email which product and which size I would like to have? I am definitely into some shorts

Just send an email to Jim telling him you want to redeem for Blaklader and he gets the info from you and places the order.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

I spent all day today on my knees and the same on Friday installing laminate floor. I have the Brawny pants and I find that the knee pads are comfortable but the skin on my knees gets sore from the relatively rough material that the pants are made out of. I find warm weather is the worst since my legs are sweaty and sticky which doesn’t help. It would be nice if there was a softer material sewn into the inside of the pants at the knees.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I spent all day today on my knees and the same on Friday installing laminate floor. I have the Brawny pants and I find that the knee pads are comfortable but the skin on my knees gets sore from the relatively rough material that the pants are made out of. I find warm weather is the worst since my legs are sweaty and sticky which doesn’t help. It would be nice if there was a softer material sewn into the inside of the pants at the knees.

Sounds like you would benefit from using the 3/4 US pants.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No I’ve sent stuff up there with no issue.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a simple question; If I want to redeem some blaklader shorts how does it work? I don’t see a blaklader online shop where to order or using a promo code.

You just look at the blaklader page listed on the list page and then when you send to Jim I send him a link to the page of the product I want and also list the name of the product and size I want.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I hear you with the sweaty legs. When it’s really hot out the pants become Stu my for me also by the end of the day and it makes it much harder to climb and bend the knees properly.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

maybe give the blaklader Canadian flooring pant a try, might be designed for installing flooring and long term kneeling.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@svensshutters
    I know when I get stuff sent to me from the US as a “GIFT”, never any customs charges. Not sure how it works the other way around?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

@svensshutters,
    I know when I get stuff sent to me from the US as a “GIFT”, never any customs charges. Not sure how it works the other way around?

On piddly stuff they likely will never bother unless they see your address gets a lot of ‘gift’ shipments. But just try to send a Rolex as a gift and see what happens.

woodman_412

I hear you with the sweaty legs. When it’s really hot out the pants become Stu my for me also by the end of the day and it makes it much harder to climb and bend the knees properly.

Yeah hot sticky weather definitely makes mobility more of an issue. At least the Blaklader pants are durable though. When I used to wear jeans and it got hot and sticky the jeans would rip when they stuck to me and I was climbing or bending over a lot.

maybe give the blaklader Canadian flooring pant a try, might be designed for installing flooring and long term kneeling.

I didn’t know that there was a specific flooring pant. I’ll have to check those out. I don’t normally do a whole lot of flooring so it’s not a huge issue for me. I was thinking of maybe adding some pieces of softer material in a pair of my Blaklader pants though at the knees and see how that works.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I gotta figure that is a pair of pants designed to be comfortable while kneeling.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I gotta figure that is a pair of pants designed to be comfortable while kneeling.

@woodman_412

yah the blaklader 1606 is apparently called the flooring shorts, 3/4 length short with kneepads.
    http://www.wrkwear.com/1606-short/

woodman_412

woodman_412

yah the blaklader 1606 is apparently called the flooring shorts, 3/4 length short with kneepads.
    http://www.wrkwear.com/1606-short/

Those look like they would work well especially in the warmer weather. It sounds like the client I’m working for right now wants me to lay laminate flooring in the basement too at some point in the near future so it looks like I’ll be doing more flooring work after all.

Dan

danpattison.com

@svensshutters,

On piddly stuff they likely will never bother unless they see your address gets a lot of ‘gift’ shipments. But just try to send a Rolex as a gift and see what happens.

Really, you can’t compare a Rolex to Blaklader shorts?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@svensshutters,

but but but, blaklader is the rolex of shorts no?

@svensshutters,

but but but, blaklader is the rolex of shorts no?

Oh yeah, I am not saying no, just he mentioned piddly stuff, but then compares a Rolex to shorts, I hear that Blaklader are good, but but but

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.925 seconds