dcsimg

Blaklader & Other ,,HATS & CAPS

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ordered the Blaklader stretch belt and a Blaklader hat from the rewards list today.

Which hat did you order Chris? I think you’ll like the belt, I know I really like mine.

I sent in for the Blaklader Ball cap 2050-9922. The other hat on the list would be hard to wear in the Summer

Nice, I’ll be interested to see what you think of it. I might need to get one at some point. With my thinning hair I’m going to need to start wearing a ball cap more in the summer.

Will do! I was hoping for a stretch fit back but I don’t think this is the case with this style ball cap.

I’ll be interested to see if you get it Chris. I’m under the impression only the knit hats are available.

True, I may receive a knit hat! :p We will see when it comes I guess.

This thread could be a great place to talk about hats and caps. For all you hat lovers.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Does anyone know what the material of the brim of the ball cap is made of? Is it plastic or cardboard? Plastics would mean machine washable.

Doobie

Does anyone know what the material of the brim of the ball cap is made of? Is it plastic or cardboard? Plastics would mean machine washable.

Other than POS caps found in your worst dollar store made in some far off country that covets for their workers flush toilets. just about all baseball cap brims for the last twenty years or more are made of plastic now.

I’m not going to test mine to prove the point, but think about it, it’s $25 CDA.

I just tried bending the bill. It is definitely plastic or potentially some other non-cardboard space age material.

Here’s some pics that may help to judge it’s quality. Note the ridged webbing on the top of the bill.

EDIT: Almost forgot. Look at the inscribe along the edge of the beige brimmed edge.

Yea, they’re made good.

Like i said. I don’t buy a $25 ball cap owning already hundreds unless it sparks to me as worthy.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Other than POS caps found in your worst dollar store made in some far off country that covets for their workers flush toilets. just about all baseball cap brims for the last twenty years or more are made of plastic now.

I’m not going to test mine to prove the point, but think about it, it’s $25 CDA.

I just tried bending the bill. It is definitely plastic or potentially some other non-cardboard space age material.

Here’s some pics that may help to judge it’s quality. Note the ridged webbing on the top of the bill.

EDIT: Almost forgot. Look at the inscribe along the edge of the beige brimmed edge.

Yea, they’re made good.

Like i said. I don’t buy a $25 ball cap owning already hundreds unless it sparks to me as worthy.

That is a good looking hat.
    Don’t think I could wear it during the summer months here as it looks hot.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kevin that is a very nice hat.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s appears from the photos to be very high quality.

As @RonW mentioned: @Doobie could that be used in the Summer or would it be a little hot?

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

It’s appears from the photos to be very high quality.

As @ronw mentioned: @doobie could that be used in the Summer or would it be a little hot?

That, I don’t know yet. Just haven’t had the occasion for that to test it out. It is black, which attracts the sun of course, but the material seems quite breathable.

EDIT: Just to give you guys the idea, I took this photo as best as I could lacking a third hand using my nose to hit the shutter on my tablet no less that shows it beside another hat. The other hat is extremely thin cotton that you could crumple up into a small ball in your hand.

As you can see, the Blaklader hat has a webbing material that is very breathable on the top for all but the front quadrant where the logo is woven into and the bill is attached to.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its actually a really good ballcap.. i bought one a little over a year ago locally.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

That does look good, thanks for the pictures Kevin

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Really hope it’s the Baseball Cap, I’ll be rep’n Blaklader everywhere! Thanks for the detailed pics of the Blaklader Baseball Cap 2050-9922 @Doobie, it looks as if it would vent perfectly for the summer.

A Working Pro since 2004

woodman_412

its actually a really good ballcap.. i bought one a little over a year ago locally.

Did you get that from Murphy Gear Jeff?

Thanks for the pics Kevin. It really does look like a nice hat.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

no. i actually got it prime fasteners last year. it was on the clearance rack of blaklader stuff… they still have quite a bit but its all really odd sizes

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yea, they’re made good.

Thanks, lol at the 20 year comment, I’ve gotten a few and some of them have been cardboard and got destroyed by washing so I wanted to be sure.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Wow, I wasn’t even aware that hats were on the rewards list. I need to get me a couple. I wonder if there are Bosch trucker style hats there, I’m going to have to look.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I mostly wear a toque in cooler weather and I will wear a boonie hat on rainy days I am outside…I used to wear a ball cap every day but I don’t believe I have worn one in 4 or 5 years.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m not a big hat or cap fan but will once and a while use the Bosch cap I have.
    I think it would be cool to see these on the list.. @bethepro

Attachments:

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Plz ,,, don’t even ask me what the bills made out of!!

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m not a big hat or cap fan but will once and a while use the Bosch cap I have.
    I think it would be cool to see these on the list.. @bethepro

I would order one of those!

A Working Pro since 2004

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Plz ,,, don’t even ask me what the bills made out of!!

Hey Dirty, what’s it made out of??

I would have thought that some of you were flat billers…

Around here we don’t call them “ball” caps unless they have a sports team on them. They’re farm caps… hahaha

and if ain’t dirty, well we’ve got names for those guys/galls too. 😉

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

and if ain’t dirty, well we’ve got names for those guys/galls too. 😉

I’ve heard talk of washing them on this thread Mine just keep getting riper and riper.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.793 seconds