dcsimg

Blaklader 1959 x1900 Urban Trouser Review

• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Nyx.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

What makes a good pair of work pants? Comfort? Durability? Function? Those are all nice to haves when it comes to a good pair of work pants but sometimes your work pants only have one or two of those three features. If you look around on the job site most of the guys who are wearing pants are wearing a nice beat up looking pair of old blue jeans. Why? Probably because they are comfortable and maybe even cheap compared to brand name work wear. Most jeans can’t stand up to the everyday beating of your typical job. Eventually they wear out and you’re off to buy another replacement pair. Hey, jeans don’t really even have that many useful pockets. But what if there were a pair of work pants that were made of denim and looked like a pair of jeans. Pants that had pockets, lots of them, and they were comfortable, and they were 10X stronger than your average pair of jeans. Thanks to Blaklader, such a pant exists, the 1959 x1900 Urban Trouser from Blaklader.

The x1900 Denim pants feature the look of a denim jean, are 10X stronger since the fabric is made with denim and Cordura woven together, a button fly, loops with a D ring, metal buttons, 3-needle stitching, and removable ID pocket. These are hardcore jeans made for those who love wearing jeans on the job site, but want a better and improved pair. The fabric is 88% cotton and 12% polyamide. The pants come in black and blue color. My first impressions of these pants are that they are comfortable, strong, and they seem very durable. They feel a little slimmer than other Blaklader pants that I have and they don’t seem as heavy of a material compared to some other pairs of pants but they do seem just as if not more durable. The difference here is that the Cordura fabric is woven into the entire thing from top to bottom where as some other pants only come with Cordura knee pad pockets which is where most of your wear and wear is going to be-and where most jeans give out first. The fit is pretty spot on I would say; the size I got fit well. The button fly takes some getting used to if you are used to a zipper.

One big change is left to discuss and that is that Blaklader made these pants with the knee pad pockets sewn in on the inside of the pant leg. It tones down the overall look of the pants so they knee pad pocket doesn’t stand out so much compared to other pants from Blaklader. My first thought was that it was going to be harder to get the knee pad in and out being that the pocket is on the inside. In fact, it wasn’t hard at all – it was rather simple. Just slide your arm up the bottom leg with a knee pad in hand and stuff it into one of two pockets – there are two heights to choose from for higher and lower placement. Like some other pants, when you kneel down there is some pulling at the knee area on top of the pocket where its sewn into the pants so over time this could be one area that might start to wear down a bit. Some people have commented on this in the past with other pants. Another thing to note is that these do not come with the utility pockets on the front because they are designed to be worn with a tool belt if you need more functionality that way. So if you need those utility pockets you may want to look at another pair. These pants go for around $100 USD and while that may seem like a hefty price tag, consider how many pairs of jeans you would have purchased and worn out anyhow. These pants are worth your while, are very impressive, strong, and are another great addition to the Blaklader trouser family. Thanks again to Blaklader and BeThePro!

See more details at:
    https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/27518120

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like some really nice pants. Thanks for the review/info Nyx.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice to see you drop back in and with a review!! Hope things are well!

Blaklader quality is unmatched by other brands and sure take a beating. Any issues with seams?

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@nyx,
    ThanX for the great review.

When you say there are two pockets for the knee pads, is one meant for the long style knee pad? or both pockets fit only one style?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Great review. I like the look of the pants without utility pockets myself since I do tend to wear a belt. Still hard to day what pair I’ll try first, but I do like the denim look!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nyx, nice to see you back. Thank you for the review.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Nyx hey good to see you drop in.
    Great review, I will have to check them out,
    You are definitely right about going through jeans versus the cost of the Blaklader.
    Thanks again.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have this pair and it is great! the sizing was a little off for me when I first got it, So i did what every sane blaklader love did, Lost weight so I can fit in it. However this thing is super durable and the pockets are perfect, However i use a different pocket for my cellular phone. Overall this pair of pants is the perfect pair from the site to the mall. I’ve used it to do flooring and out to dinner after, couldn’t be bothered to change out.

Doobie

Thanks for the review Nick. Interesting about the knee pad pockets being on the inside.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

When you say there are two pockets for the knee pads, is one meant for the long style knee pad? or both pockets fit only one style?

Good question, I only have one size of knee pads that i wear with these pants and so i have not tried to put a larger knee pad in the pockets. Perhaps this is the reason there are two pocket lips for knee pads.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Overall this pair of pants is the perfect pair from the site to the mall

I think that is the idea that they were going for. A pair of work pants that are durable enough for the job site but fashionable enough to wear off the job as well. I think they fit the bill well.

Well done on the review . Nice to see so many blaklader work wear reviews .

Always willing to learn .

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Nice to see so many blaklader work wear reviews .

Blaklader work wear continues to impress me. I cant recommend them enough – they make a quality product!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that is the idea that they were going for. A pair of work pants that are durable enough for the job site but fashionable enough to wear off the job as well. I think they fit the bill well.

I can see a market for those, I just wish they came in my inseam length.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Overall this pair of pants is the perfect pair from the site to the mall

One thing I really like about it is the durability,ive put these pants through everything and they look as clean as the day I got it.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice review, thanks for sharing

check out mascot workwear- very cool teched-out european gear

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

check out mascot workwear- very cool teched-out european gear

Is that a plug or you actually have their gear and recommending them?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my concern.. how do they fit? as a guy who lifts weights regularly i have issues finding pants that fit my legs and can move in.. are they a slim fit style cut or loose fitting

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Hey Jeff, If i remember correctly, and its been a while, the last time you posted up some stats of how much you lift i believe you were moving around some pretty hefty weight. I know what you mean about the fit in the legs because the thighs are the first to go when im about to grow out of a pair of pants. With these pants i felt like there was plenty of room in them to move around and i too have larger legs due to lifting so i know what you mean. In the states we have a size scale that goes somewhat like this…

slim\straight\relaxed. these are not slim according to this scale but the comment i made in the article above was that for me they felt slim (fitting my legs) and maybe so for the reasons you are inquiring about. I would say these are more straight leg which means they do not squeeze your legs through the pant leg and they do not flare out the bottom. they seem to be the same size all the way through the leg. Slim is exactly that, tighter. Relaxed is like the legs kind of balloon out to fit larger legs if you will. I’d say the fit is right in the middle.

I dont know if that answers your question exactly, but hopefully it helps shed some light on the cut of the pants.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.300 seconds