dcsimg

Blaklader Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just hate it when I get sawdust all in the truck

Wow I’ve never thought of that.. Saw dust and mud are a part of my life.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

yellaD
    Pro

I just hate it when I get sawdust all in the truck

Wow I’ve never thought of that.. Saw dust and mud are a part of my life.

Yeah, I hear ya. I only have one car/truck so that means I have to use it for double duty. I like the fact that I don’t look or smell like a contractor/tradesperson when I’m not working, and it’s embarassing to go smelling like sawdust cuz I had to drive my truck. I dunno, that was prolly a rant but you get the idea.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I keep a couple of bath towels on my truck seat so when I get in dirty it doesn’t get on the seat. When I get dust in there I simply shake off the towels outside.

yellaD
    Pro

I keep a couple of bath towels on my truck seat so when I get in dirty it doesn’t get on the seat. When I get dust in there I simply shake off the towels outside.

I was thinking about getting seat covers from CT, but I was hoping that if I could help prevent dust/small airborne particles from sticking to my clothes, that would be AWESOME and worth throwing money at. I am not interested in getting a pair of pants that I can get dirty cuz I got lots of those, just wanted to see if there’s anything special or different materials from pant to pant. “Denim” like is useless to me, just traps more particles. I was thinking maybe the painting ones, you could wash paint off easier? I dunno, prolly not.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was thinking about getting seat covers from CT, but I was hoping that if I could help prevent dust/small airborne particles from sticking to my clothes, that would be AWESOME and worth throwing money at.

These days, hard to get good seat covers as they have been redesigned to not interfere with the air bags that are built in to seats.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have actual seat covers for my front and rear seats.. the middle front seat gets folded down to act as a arm rest which i cover with a bath towel .. once every couple weeks it goes into the wash.. the seat covers themselves about once every 6 weeks

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the fact that I don’t look or smell like a contractor/tradesperson when I’m not working, and it’s embarassing to go smelling like sawdust cuz I had to drive my truck. I dunno

Well I only have one ride too. I no longer care what anyone thinks of me and I’m a carpenter on and off the job. I like the smell of sawdust.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I like the fact that I don’t look or smell like a contractor/tradesperson when I’m not working, and it’s embarassing to go smelling like sawdust cuz I had to drive my truck. I dunno

Well I only have one ride too. I no longer care what anyone thinks of me and I’m a carpenter on and off the job. I like the smell of sawdust.

Yes sir! Who cares a if you smell like sawdust? My wife likes it!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

This is when I wish we could thank posts here. Well said sir.

yellaD
    Pro

Sorry if I offended, I always smell like sawdust also. I was just curious to see if they are any “better” than using cheap disposable coveralls. The Blakladers are not cheap, I don’t spend that much on dress pants, lol, so I was just wondering what the big deal is…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry if I offended, I always smell like sawdust also. I was just curious to see if they are any “better” than using cheap disposable coveralls. The Blakladers are not cheap, I don’t spend that much on dress pants, lol, so I was just wondering what the big deal is…

@yellaD It’s the convenience of the multi-pockets,the durablility, and the knee pads. I wear a bag around my neck, plus a tool belt, have things stuffed in my jeans pockets, and every knee in my jeans are gone…literally holes. I gave up on perfume or smelling good a long time ago at the end of the day. Sawdust is a fashion for me…..in my Clothes, purse and hair.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@jkirk I think we are almost ready for version 2.0

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congrats on nearing the end of the thread! I’m sure we will fill many new pages. My fav work gear.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Do you think we’ll ever see other blaklader gear on the list?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I would be willing to try other stuff they have. The quality is definitely there, my whole issues so far are just getting myself acclimated to the pants.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I would be willing to try other stuff they have. The quality is definitely there, my whole issues so far are just getting myself acclimated to the pants.

They are a little different and definitely take some getting used to. I’d like to try a different model, so far I have the x1900 and the heavy worker pants.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hard to say if we see anything new from them. maybe some new styles of shorts or pants are possible.. depends on how good a relationship jim has with the folks at blaklader. the hoodies would be nice to see on the list especially since they seem to be hard to get in stores

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@yellaD It’s the convenience of the multi-pockets,the durablility, and the knee pads. I wear a bag around my neck, plus a tool belt, have things stuffed in my jeans pockets, and every knee in my jeans are gone…literally holes. I gave up on perfume or smelling good a long time ago at the end of the day. Sawdust is a fashion for me…..in my Clothes, purse and hair.

I pull cash outa my wallet and out falls sawdust,,, I smile as I look at the cashier and brush it away

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I pull cash outa my wallet and out falls sawdust,,, I smile as I look at the cashier and brush it away

I don’t know on how many occasions I have pulled out change and with it was a pile of concrete and concrete sand.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t know on how many occasions I have pulled out change and with it was a pile of concrete and concrete sand.

I think you guys need a new wallet, I just bought the DM-1 to replace mine. It is by far my favourite wallet of all time.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘Blaklader Pants’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.731 seconds