dcsimg

Blaklader Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Two things i noticed with these pants:

1. Size: i’ve heard a lot of people make mention of the fact that these pants seem to run small. I normally wear a 34W, i decided to go 36W on these. I’m glad i did sort of. So the waist fits perfectly for me, but i dont “fill out” the rest of the pants being that they are a larger waist, with that comes a larger overall size of the pants which i didnt really need. So the waist fit great but are a little big on me, they seemed to shrink only a little after a first wash.

2. Knee pad pockets: someone made mention a while ago about these pockets, specifically the seams on the top of the pocket. For me, when the knee pads were inserted and you bend down on your knees, i noticed the seam stretching on the top of the pocket. It held, but i assume that over time with certain body heights, this seam may give or be the weakest point of that pocket.

Otherwise, construction seems heavy duty, lots of pockets, durable, and zipper also seems high grade as well. Overall satisfied.

I am also quite glad I received the larger of two sizes that I normally get (normally 32 or 33… but got a 34 waist) and it fits just right!

John S

redwood
    Pro

Has anyone gotten the shorts yet?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Mine are on the way Mark but they haven’t arrived yet. I’ll post a review once I get them and try them out.

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Are you going to post a picture of you posing in them ? πŸ™‚

woodman_412

lol I don’t think there is much chance of that happening John… πŸ˜›

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

you and me both dan lol, my understanding is mine will be showing up in another week or so. they were delayed do to a shortage at the warehouse in the color that was originally offered. their sending the khaki color instead

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I am curious to know the length of the shorts… Don’t need to be working wearing short-shorts πŸ™‚

John S

woodman_412

Yeah same here Jeff, I picked the stone colour in the place of the blue.

I don’t think anyone wants to see you working in short shorts either John πŸ˜›

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

Dan wrote:Yeah same here Jeff, I picked the stone colour in the place of the blue.

I don’t think anyone wants to see you working in short shorts either John

No, we want pics. How are we to decide if they will look good on us?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Well just because they look good on me doesn’t mean they will look good on you Mark πŸ™‚

I’m hoping to get a review up for the shorts soon so I’ll post some pics of them then…just probably not with me in them…

Dan

danpattison.com

Thanks for sparing us, Dan! I just received my shorts the other day and am excited to review them (along with a lot of other things I still need to write up reviews on)

John S

woodman_412

I’ve worn the shorts a couple of days so far but most days I’ve been wearing the pants since the weather has cooled down a bit again. I’ll wait until I get a chance to wear the shorts a few more times before I put up a review.

Dan

danpattison.com

Just slipped these bad boys on again since it is getting cold here – reminded of just how high-quality they feel, let alone their functionality. I am excited to put the knee pads to good use as I am doing some various demo and organization work in the shop area this morning. Once again, I highly recommend these pants. They are definitely made of thicker material than the shorts, that is for sure.

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Hey John, How do you feel about the external pockets?

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

After reading this thread I am way more interested in these pants. At first I was turned off by the pouch pockets, but now that I find they tuck in… Are they cumbersome when tucked in???

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Found this worth watching since I am debating on getting a pair.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

These pants look awesome. I am going to have to get a pair.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

I haven’t found the external pockets to get in the way at all. I suppose if you absolutely loaded them up they might, but I didn’t put anything in them today other than my car keys and didn’t even notice it. In fact, I kinda liked being able to just grab my keys/cell phone without reaching into a typical pocket. It was quite nice

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I think I am sold! I just would like to try them on before pulling the trigger. I found one local dealer that I am going to check out next week.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘Blaklader Pants’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.558 seconds