dcsimg

Black Friday Tool Blowout Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Any good deals for Cyber Monday?

I’ll be checking out Lee Valley’s Cyber Monday offerings come Monday once they post them up. Some years have been great for deals, especially on seconds of Veritas hand tools, other years have sucked. Just have to wait and see come Monday if my wallet opens up there.

I might have to check this out.

They seem to sell out of most things within seconds of the ad going up from what I’ve seen.

Checked it out around 6AM and most of the planes seconds are already sold out. I didn’t care, as I have all the planes I will likely ever need and even with the ones I do have from them from past Cyber Monday sales, I never use anyways, but they were intended as an investment for future use anyways for the most part for me.

I didn’t really see anything I wanted. Not even the discounted gift cards. There just isn’t much on my radar of any tools I’m looking to buy from anywhere right now.

Festool USA is having a Black Friday Recon tool sale. If somebody is looking for a Planex sander, this is a good time to buy. Unfortunately, these recon deals are only available to folks in the USA via this dedicated website. I do not know of a similar recon program for us here in Canada with Festool. They just don’t love us up here I guess.

https://www.festoolrecon.com/collections/black-friday-extravaganza

That’s one tool I’ve been tempted to buy in the past, but just never have due to its high price and limited potential use for me.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They seem to sell out of most things within seconds of the ad going up from what I’ve seen.

Yes you are I have seen this happen too in the past. One reason I don’t get to excited about these events.

Greg

Doobie

Yes you are I have seen this happen too in the past. One reason I don’t get to excited about these events.

In years past, I would go on their site for the Cyber sale after midnight. Some years their site would semi-crash trying to use it, other years it was better. If you wanted to get some of the planes offered, you definitely wouldn’t wait til morning. This year, I didn’t bother going online til morning when I had the time even though I was still up til 1 AM last nite. Just couldn’t be bothered.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch GSR12V-140FCB22 12V Max Flexiclick 5-In-1 Drill/Driver
    +
    40-pc Impact Tough Drill Driver Set
    on amazon.com for $118

a no brainer to me, but I already have one lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

+
    on amazon.com for $118

Wow that was great deal.. Hope somebody needing a Flexi jumped on it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

, I didn’t bother going online til morning when I had the time even though I was still up til 1 AM last nite. Just couldn’t be bothered.

I went online yesterday morning also. I had time as I had the day off work. I ended up buying a few things. Honestly I think this the first time for me. Looks like my order has already been shipped.

I did notice the planes were all sold out too.

Greg

Doobie

+
    on amazon.com for $118

Nice deal Alex. I have a Flexi also already and wouldn’t hesitate for a second one at that price either.

👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

+
    on amazon.com for $118

Nice deal Alex. I have a Flexi also already and wouldn’t hesitate for a second one at that price either.

👍

Why do you need two Flexis?

Doobie

+
    on amazon.com for $118

Why do you need two Flexis?

Just like a gunslinger of the old west, one for each hand of course. Lol!

At that price, the tool and bonus item are almost free beyond what the batteries and charger would cost on their own. I’ve acquired seconds of a few drills just because of pricing situations like this before where what I really want is the extra batteries more than the drill itself.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

At that price, the tool and bonus item are almost free beyond what the batteries and charger would cost on their own. I’ve acquired seconds of a few drills just because of pricing situations like this before where what I really want is the extra batteries more than the drill itself.

Well that’s understandable, before I had the break in, I had four Ridgid impacts, two X4, a GEN5 and a GEN5 Brushless, all from combo kits and a dozen batteries. But the problem is I dig a hole deeper and deeper with one platform with more tools and batteries. Sometimes they put out the old generation tools on sale, then when the new generation tool comes out with a feature you desire you may have to buy another one. The problem is it seems the Bosch tools in NA is always many years behind their tools in Europe.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Should have a package coming tomorrow. Had it in a cart on BF and actually had enough gift cards to cover it but the online form wouldn’t let me stack the cards and no one was available at customer service. Found same item on CM, different vendor, for $2 more so they got my $$

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m still getting e-mails about black friday and cyber monday?? I really didn’t get mush this year. I did get a track for my saw.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I’m still getting e-mails about black friday and cyber monday?? I really didn’t get mush this year. I did get a track for my saw.

I didn’t get squat really. Bought some insulate subfloor panels for my basement reno on Cyber Monday for 25% off which is pretty well the best discount I’ve seen on them, but I didn’t buy any tools this year.

Yeah it’s funny how they think about all these marketing strategies
    I didn’t have any spare cash for anything anyway

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Black Friday extends to “Black Friday weekend”.

Cyber Monday extends to “Cyber Monday week”.

Then there is “Christmas in July” sale.

May be “Independence Day in January” and “Thanksgiving in May” are not too far away?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree with you @Miamicuse . Black Friday started a week before Friday and still going on. Christmas stuff was set in stores 2 months ago. Cyber Monday changed to cyber week.

redwood
    Pro

It’s too late, but I slightly upgraded my thickness planer from a DeWalt DW734 to a DW735X.

Amazon had it for $ 100 less then I could find it for anywhere else on Black Friday. Surprisingly, it was only for 1 day.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s too late, but I slightly upgraded my thickness planer from a DeWalt DW734 to a DW735X.

Oh that’s a nice upgrade. I don’t know the difference???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Amazon had it for $ 100 less then I could find it for anywhere else on Black Friday. Surprisingly, it was only for 1 day.

I had seen it on sale on Amazon for the one day sale. $479 was the best I have seen on the DW735X package.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am also amazed that the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals are still going. They should just call it cyber week.

I did pick up a couple odds and ends yesterday on line, where i found a decent promo. I guess the extended Monday is not all bad

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 190 total)
  • The topic ‘Black Friday Tool Blowout Thread’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.756 seconds