dcsimg

Black Friday – Cyber Monday 2020 Super Deals Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Please let’s not make this a points grab abuse thread problem. Meaningful posts related to this annual event(s).

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Bosch has a promotion with Lowes, not sure if it’s only in USA or in NA though.

Several bare tools are having a sale price, and comes with a free gift. For example, if you buy a Bosch Bulldog CORE 3/4-in SDS-Plus Variable Speed Cordless Rotary Hammer Drill Item #877656Model #GBH18V-20N for S129, you also get for free a Bosch CORE 4 Amp-Hour Lithium Power Tool Battery Kit (Charger Included).

They are giving away this charger/4ah battery kit for several tools. The CRS180B hackzall saw, the GWS18V-45 4.5″ angle grinder, one of the jig saws and the CCS180B 6.5″ circular saw and the GBH18V-26DN rotary hammer.

I am considering the 6.5″ circular saw. Anyone has one, care to share any feedback?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is another deal from Lowes. One I do not recommend but thought I bring it up anyways because Dremel is owned by Bosch.

This is a took kit with three things, all for $50.

Dremel Variable Speed Both 1.15-Amp Rotary Tool with Hard Case Item #786658Model #2290

Dremel multipurpose tool kit includes 200 Series rotary tool, VersaTip butane soldering torch, engraver, lawn and garden tool attachment, hard case and 32 other accessories.

Rotary tool features a 2-speed motor that delivers up to 35,000-RPM, so you can adjust to suit different tasks

VersaTip accessories include: soldering tip, cutting knife, shaping knife, hot air tip, wide.

Can you imagine $50 for three tools and all the accessories?

I have to say though, I used to like Dremel, not anymore. They have turned into making disposable crap. What is their cost in those tools if they sell this for $50?

My latest Dremel 4000 was repaired twice. I just stopped sending it in. Won’t run for more then 15 minutes without overheating.

I wish Bosch would do something to enhance the Dremel brand, instead of just letting it die off into the sunset.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

one post got swallowed into the never never land.

Doobie

Working on getting this fixed. This one’s an odd one.

Here’s the contents of Miamicuse’s post that is missing for now.

This is another deal from Lowes. One I do not recommend but thought I bring it up anyways because Dremel is owned by Bosch.

This is a took kit with three things, all for $50.

Dremel Variable Speed Both 1.15-Amp Rotary Tool with Hard Case Item #786658Model #2290

Dremel multipurpose tool kit includes 200 Series rotary tool, VersaTip butane soldering torch, engraver, lawn and garden tool attachment, hard case and 32 other accessories.

Rotary tool features a 2-speed motor that delivers up to 35,000-RPM, so you can adjust to suit different tasks

VersaTip accessories include: soldering tip, cutting knife, shaping knife, hot air tip, wide.

Can you imagine $50 for three tools and all the accessories?

I have to say though, I used to like Dremel, not anymore. They have turned into making disposable crap. What is their cost in those tools if they sell this for $50?

My latest Dremel 4000 was repaired twice. I just stopped sending it in. Won’t run for more then 15 minutes without overheating.

I wish Bosch would do something to enhance the Dremel brand, instead of just letting it die off into the sunset.

Bosch has a promotion with Lowes, not sure if it’s only in USA or in NA though.

Several bare tools are having a sale price, and comes with a free gift. For example, if you buy a Bosch Bulldog CORE 3/4-in SDS-Plus Variable Speed Cordless Rotary Hammer Drill Item #877656Model #GBH18V-20N for S129, you also get for free a Bosch CORE 4 Amp-Hour Lithium Power Tool Battery Kit (Charger Included).

They are giving away this charger/4ah battery kit for several tools. The CRS180B hackzall saw, the GWS18V-45 4.5″ angle grinder, one of the jig saws and the CCS180B 6.5″ circular saw and the GBH18V-26DN rotary hammer.

I am considering the 6.5″ circular saw. Anyone has one, care to share any feedback?

I’ll have to check it out , I saw that someone from ig posted that IHL tool had a special Bosch bare 12 volt tools for 49 bucks , but obviously not the newer ones like that router and plane , still a good deal if someone has batteries and wants to add a drill or something like that

I have the cordless saw , it’s okay , not the best in class , but it’s done what I needed it to do , depends what you are expecting from it , it’s great for punch list items , or could be great for you running around to maintain properties , I’ve used it for PT lumber and just ruff cutting 2x material , and ripping down sheet goods.
    It’s been good for me

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Working on getting this fixed. This one’s an odd one.

@doobie
    , indeed very weird. Here is what happened and I don’t know what happened.

(1) I submitted that post and it did show up as a post. No issue.

(2) I then realized I didn’t even include a link to the actual item. So I did an edit and inserted a link to that item on Lowes.com, when I tried to save my edit, it disappeared. This is also why there is no link on the first post because I wonder if that one would disappear as soon as I insert a link. Strange huh?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have the cordless saw , it’s okay , not the best in class , but it’s done what I needed it to do , depends what you are expecting from it , it’s great for punch list items , or could be great for you running around to maintain properties , I’ve used it for PT lumber and just ruff cutting 2x material , and ripping down sheet goods.
    It’s been good for me

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if this saw is the one that a 6.3ah core battery won’t fit?

Doobie

It’s been good for me

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if this saw is the one that a 6.3ah core battery won’t fit?

Even if it is, you just send it into Bosch on their dime, and they do the mod to it so it can accomodate the Core batteries. When I did mine, it was back to me the same week.

Note, it needs to go to a specific service center for this. Sending it in to the wrong service repair place that is not on their list to do this mod will cause long delays. Others have mentioned this. Mine went to a 3rd party that seemed to be doing only this here in Canada just for this purpose and not a regular Bosch authorized service locale.

It’s been good for me

Honestly I’m not sure , but if it is with the new 4.0 , I’m guessing it should fit ,

You know , I have a new handle ordered for my saw , I just couldn’t find the time to send it in , even though it was only going to be a few days , so I got fed up and used the olfa and grinder , now both of the 6.3 and the new 4.0 fit lol
    I figured I’d just buy the newer 7 and 1/4 where it hits the market in the new year 🤞

Actually saw some pre BFD at HD today , sorry to inform you that it was a few Ryobi things , one was The cordless inflator , I’ll most definitely pick it up on BF

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

For those who are on the Dewalt TSTAK or Craftsman VERSATACK tool boxes, both Home Depot and Amazon has the foam insert on sale for $10.

Doobie

I just managed to clear that post you made two days ago.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/black-friday-cyber-monday-2020-super-deals-thread/#post-752735

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I noticed Home Depot has this Gorilla work platform on sale for $24.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-47-25-in-x-12-in-x-20-in-Aluminum-Slim-Fold-Work-Platform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-483420-&clickid=1I71TIxuWxyLR4KwUx0Mo3YlUkE2PgSNRTVa080

I am picking up four myself. I have several similar ones from Werner and who knows what other brands but those do not fold “TRULY” flat like this one, which is important if your vehicle has limited space and you need to stack things. These also have a carrying handle on the side which is handy.

Thanks @doobie for getting that post out of jail LOL!

@Doobie just responded to Sami post above , guess because of the links it must have gotten pulled over for speeding lol.

I noticed Home Depot has this Gorilla work platform on sale for $24.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-47-25-in-x-12-in-x-20-in-Aluminum-Slim-Fold-Work-Platform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-483420-&clickid=1I71TIxuWxyLR4KwUx0Mo3YlUkE2PgSNRTVa080

I am picking up four myself. I have several similar ones from Werner and who knows what other brands but those do not fold “TRULY” flat like this one, which is important if your vehicle has limited space and you need to stack things. These also have a carrying handle on the side which is handy.

Thanks @doobie for getting that post out of jail LOL!

That looks like a good deal ,
    I am pretty sure I won’t be able to find that in our HD
    Just like last week @Sprokitz posted his two speed square from HD , I couldn’t find it either on line , or when I went to the store Thursday , a salesman said they don’t have the same deal as the States 🥺

Doobie

@Doobie just responded to Sami post above , guess because of the links it must have gotten pulled over for speeding lol.

Got it. 👍

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have used one of the special offers at Home Depot for free Milwaukee tools. We needed extra batteries for the Milwaukee yard tools and blowers we have and I wound up with a free cordless router and angle grinder. Good deal!

Doobie

I have used one of the special offers at Home Depot for free Milwaukee tools. We needed extra batteries for the Milwaukee yard tools and blowers we have and I wound up with a free cordless router and angle grinder. Good deal!

Wow, that sounds like a super sweet deal there Lon. Congratz!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.456 seconds