dcsimg

bigger cell batteries

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am in the camp that says batteries are big enough right now. A larger battery makes an already heavy tool that much heavier. I am interested in the new Dewalt 60v stuff, but mostly due to it being AC compatible. I think that is a huge advantage and will be the direction that these tools head in the future.

I am in the camp that says batteries are big enough right now. A larger battery makes an already heavy tool that much heavier. I am interested in the new Dewalt 60v stuff, but mostly due to it being AC compatible. I think that is a huge advantage and will be the direction that these tools head in the future.

Its a question of energy density. If fewer cells can be used, it will allow for a lighter and smaller battery pack, even if the cells are each a bit bigger and a bit heavier

Of course, there will be some that just load up a super fat pack too, which is already what they do with the big 56v lawnmower batteries. Sooner or later, that style of overloading will end up in some 18v tools where weight is good

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Its a question of energy density. If fewer cells can be used, it will allow for a lighter and smaller battery pack, even if the cells are each a bit bigger and a bit heavier

Of course, there will be some that just load up a super fat pack too, which is already what they do with the big 56v lawnmower batteries. Sooner or later, that style of overloading will end up in some 18v tools where weight is good

exactly. Matebo claims that their 3.1ah 20700 pack has the same performance and run time as a 18650 4ah pack and its smaller and lighter.

I don’t think this is that much of a problem so long as choice is always an option. If you got your classic 2ah slimpacks, 4-6ah fatpacks then you have your typical setups. The 6.3ah and other configurations (56/60V, 9ah, etc) I think are trying to augment the 18V lineups of their respective manufacturers by bridging the gap between 18V tools and 36V tools. A 6-1/2″ circ with a fatpack is light but sufficiently powerful but if you had the capability to give them corded like power for a little weight when you needed it just by swapping the pack out it’d be nice.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I don’t think this is that much of a problem so long as choice is always an option. If you got your classic 2ah slimpacks, 4-6ah fatpacks then you have your typical setups. The 6.3ah and other configurations (56/60V, 9ah, etc) I think are trying to augment the 18V lineups of their respective manufacturers by bridging the gap between 18V tools and 36V tools. A 6-1/2″ circ with a fatpack is light but sufficiently powerful but if you had the capability to give them corded like power for a little weight when you needed it just by swapping the pack out it’d be nice.

I would be interested to see what kind of performance the new naina saw has with a eneracer battery. I wonder if some of the newer cordless tools coming out are designed to be more powerful when used with higher capacity batteries.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Is it really that much diffrent what am I gonna do with my current batteries

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Keep using them until there is a benefit to phasing them out

Or start leaving batteries on tools….

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Keep using them until there is a benefit to phasing them out

Or start leaving batteries on tools….

or time to sell them and buy eneracer batteries, although they still work fine, just use em until they die.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Hey guys, guess what???????

The Eneracer 6.3Ah battery is already available in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!

Drooling in 1, 2, 3…

Hey guys, guess what???????

Drooling in 1, 2, 3…

Wow, very nice, but $$$ I think I am good with the 4ah for now, but I would definitely like to see what the difference is. Sure would make a difference in runtime with the big battery draining tools like circular saw and sawzall ,rotary hammer.
    Will be looking forward to hearing what some users say about it in the next couple of months on the Web.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can buy 3 batteries for the price of that 1 battery. Will this battery last longer than 3 4.0Ah batteries?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I can buy 3 batteries for the price of that 1 battery. Will this battery last longer than 3 4.0Ah batteries?

seems to me that 3 – 4.0 AH batteries would be a better option for the money. I only seee these big batteries as being beneficial in hard tools or stationary tools and not so much drills, impacts and grinders that we use every day.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

seems to me that 3 – 4.0 AH batteries would be a better option for the money. I only seee these big batteries as being beneficial in hard tools or stationary tools and not so much drills, impacts and grinders that we use every day.

the eneracer would be good for things like a battery powered reaxx saw or something like that.

I found out the Eneracer packs could push up to 80 amps before the circuitry kicks in to prevent overcurrent. Apparently the current 6ah packs will cut out around 40 amps.

Source:

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.267 seconds