dcsimg

Big Box Store Fails

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 330 total)
  • Author

I am just catching up on this thread, some of this fails are wow, do people even think?

Will

Doobie

I am just catching up on this thread, some of this fails are wow, do people even think?

Nope. And when I see some of these I just imagine some of these people may end up on the evening news one day as some freak accidental death of their own doing or even worse killing some poor innocent bystander because of their wonton and/or selfish stupidity….”Gee…I didn’t think those pallets would slide off like that when I slammed on the brakes to not kill the squirrel that ran out in the road….do you think they’ll be able to reattach that person’s head?”.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nope. And when I see some of these I just imagine some of these people may end up on the evening news one day as some freak accidental death of their own doing or even worse killing some poor innocent bystander because of their wonton and/or selfish stupidity….”Gee…I didn’t think those pallets would slide off like that when I slammed on the brakes to not kill the squirrel that ran out in the road….do you think they’ll be able to reattach that person’s head?”.

Every year there are awards presented, The Darwin awards, usually posthumously, to those who by their own stupidity have eliminated themselves from the gene pool. This guy is probably in the running.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

CB
    Spectator

From having seen that trailer personally, the axle (spindle or drum) was broken curbside, and the tire was shredded and flat road side.

The weight of the trailer itself must be factored into axle capacity.

The trailer was steel, and included 4′ high steel expanded mesh side walls with box tubed frames. I would never have a single axle trailer that long, with that much overhang aft of axle. That is how trailer sway events begin… a single fulcrum point with a trailer load aft of axle greater than fore axle, which unloads the tongue.

At least the trailer appeared to be evenly loaded ahead of and behind the axle. Which means he had adequate tongue weight. Which also means he was no doubt overloading his little Ford Explorer, as there was no weight distribution hitch on the front of the trailer, and it is highly likely he exceeded the weight carrying capacity of the Ford Explorer, considering not only the tongue weight, but the weight of the pallets stacked on the roof of the Explorer.

Pallets at big box stores turn frequently, so odds are that the pallets still have a lot of moisture content in the wood that they were whipped together with. It is not unreasonable to estimate 50-60 lbs per pallet, given that these were full size pallets, and relatively fresh.

I have three cargo trailers… a 16′, a 20′, and a 24′. Every one of my trailers is tandem axle (ie, two axles). My first cargo trailer was a single axle. I cleared an entire freeway with it. Looked in my rear view mirrors (as I was swaying between lanes 1-4) and it was like Moses had parted the Red Sea. All traffic had hung back, waiting to see when I would bite the dust. I pulled through it, and pulled over, and started over, rebalancing my load.

I gave that trailer away for scrap, but first pulled the license plate so it couldn’t be used as a trailer again. It was a home made job, made by someone else (I bought it off a Penny Saver newspaper, the pre-internet version of Craigslist) who had welded the axle too far forward on the trailer, making the trailer floor impossible to fully utilize without creating an imbalance aft of axle. In the decades since, I’ve always purchased tandem axle trailers.

Doobie

Every year there are awards presented, The Darwin awards, usually posthumously, to those who by their own stupidity have eliminated themselves from the gene pool. This guy is probably in the running.

Darwin awards eh….how a propos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I believe it’s the HD staff who “wrapped” this.

Down here in South Florida it’s fairly common for the staff to assist in loading stuff onto your vehicle and help you tie/strap down whatever. Plastic wraps are used all the time.

During the hurricane seasons, when the storms are approaching, people go nuts. They go get 10 sheets of 4X8 plywood. After they paid, the HD loading staff would ask the guy to bring the vehicle to the loading area. He pulls up in a Honda Civic LOL. So they load the 10 sheets onto the roof of that vehicle, asked him to roll down all four windows. then put wraps over the sheets, into the window, out the window, and do wraps around and around to the front and back windows, and tell the guy to drive at 5mph and don’t go over any speed bumps LOL.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I saw an interesting one recently.

Someone bought a few wood baseboards, I think 16′ long ones. He drove a VW beetle. He had the baseboards bend in almost a semi circle, strapped to the front and rear, so the baseboards are like an arch over the vehicle if you look at it from the side(profile).

Clev08
    Pro

You also see a lot of interesting stuff in a college town when students are moving out…
    A nice looking leather couch held down with nothing but bungee cords, hope he wasn’t planing to go far

Doobie

You also see a lot of interesting stuff in a college town when students are moving out…
    A nice looking leather couch held down with nothing but bungee cords, hope he wasn’t planing to go far

Obviously not an engineering student….lol!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A nice looking leather couch held down with nothing but bungee cords,

Oh yeah that’s gonna hold. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

not far or not fast. I wonder how it will work out if he needs to stop real quick.

Obviously not an engineering student….lol!

Lmao, good one Kevin lol

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

He is preparing to get a lesson in the school of hard knocks perhaps.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Saw this in the Lowe’s restroom, not sure what failed, don’t think I wanna know!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Some people are just disgusting .They could have at least put them in the trash can. On the bright side they didn’t try to flush them and clog the drain.
    It did give me a good chuckle !

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Definitely worth a chuckle. May have been an interesting story there….. or maybe not. lol

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Well if they need plumbing they don’t have to go far. Clean up in stall 1 clean up in stall 1. LOL

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Saw this in the Lowe’s restroom, not sure what failed, don’t think I wanna know!

Oh gezzz,, when you have to abandon your undies it’s bad!!

Lmao, I spat my beer out when I read about the failed part lol, that’s hilarious.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh gezzz,, when you have to abandon your undies it’s bad!!

LOL!! Yup that is one way of putting it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 330 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.568 seconds