dcsimg

Big Box Store Fails

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 330 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Saw this at the local Lowes, it was being pulled to go to the cull pile. (you think) I do not think I have ever seen such a twist, even on treated. I swear it was almost 90 degrees of twist.

That’s the kind of crap you get around here if you have your lumber delivered in quantities less than a full pallet, we always have to go and hand pick our lumber so we can provide the best quality end product

Indeed. One of the reasons I’m always apprehensive of delivery orders. I’ve been lucky mostly, but you never know what the ‘kids’ are gonna send you if not supervised.

Oh man, those are funny,
    The things some people do to get material and the job done lol

I remember my ex brother in law, he was trying to finish his basement,
    He bought some 2x material and a few sheets of the Ridgid insulation 2×8

He had placed them on the roof of his car, which was a Toyota tercel, they used to have those triangle cardboard box things that went on to the roof, place the material on top, then tie it down with the nylon rope,
    He placed the wood first, then the insulation,
    Didn’t take long before the insulation started cracking and ripping apart lol
    Was funny at the time.
    This was years ago, to bad don’t have any pictures.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I like this one with the cling wrap working over time LOL!!!

Yeah this a good one. You would think rope would be cheaper. Maybe they are going drive slow. LOL!!

Saw this at the local Lowes, it was being pulled to go to the cull pile. (you think) I do not think I have ever seen such a twist, even on treated. I swear it was almost 90 degrees of twist.

You wonder why they would even put this in the cull pile. I guess it would sell. Maybe some one would think they are getting good deal.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Used way to much for that. What a waste.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The guy used the P for plenty principle that always gets the job done. Why use one nail when 10 will do better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

The guy used the P for plenty principle that always gets the job done. Why use one nail when 10 will do better.

It was probably supplied by the store itself so buddy likely didn’t care much anyways how much he used.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It was probably supplied by the store itself so buddy likely didn’t care much anyways how much he used.

You would have thought they would have him some rope or he should bought some. Really goes to buy lumber without or straps.

Greg

Clev08
    Pro

Got stuck behind a car going 40 mph on the highway today, guess he didn’t want to lose any of his 6 pallets…

CB
    Spectator

Speaking of 6 pallets on a mid size SUV, how about this guy hauling 60 pallets out of Home Depot, in an old Ford Explorer?

Yup, that is a dead stone tore off the rim flat tire.

Yup, he shoulda rented that Home Depot truck for $19.95.

CB
    Spectator

In real life, the wheel end on the other side looked like it broke at the brake drum. Hard to tell in this photo… but it was bad enough for me to walk to the other side and snap this shot. The driver was sleeping in the Explorer. Hard day I guess. Wonder if the tow bill and the new tire is worth the value of those 60 pallets? Or if the pallets were even lawful to take from Home Depot? I’d say this is a fail all the way around.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

In real life, the wheel end on the other side looked like it broke at the brake drum. Hard to tell in this photo… but it was bad enough for me to walk to the other side and snap this shot. The driver was sleeping in the Explorer. Hard day I guess. Wonder if the tow bill and the new tire is worth the value of those 60 pallets? Or if the pallets were even lawful to take from Home Depot? I’d say this is a fail all the way around.

Hard to know what goes through some peoples’ minds at times. What kind of urgency drives someone to abandon common sense?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

how about this guy hauling 60 pallets out of Home Depot, in an old Ford Explorer?

Man that trailer sure is overloaded. His day did not turn out as expected.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hard to know what goes through some peoples’ minds at times. What kind of urgency drives someone to abandon common sense?

I agreed. Alot of people don’t use common sense.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

how about this guy hauling 60 pallets out of Home Depot, in an old Ford Explorer?

I’m not sure the trailer was actually overloaded. What does an average pallet weigh? 30# maybe? Well 30 x 60 is only 1800lbs. The axle on that trailer should be rated for 3500lbs. That’s what most small single axle trailers can haul.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I’m not sure the trailer was actually overloaded. What does an average pallet weigh? 30# maybe? Well 30 x 60 is only 1800lbs. The axle on that trailer should be rated for 3500lbs. That’s what most small single axle trailers can haul.

Pallets that size, especially the CHEP type can weigh up to 100 lbs. or as low as 50 lbs for non-CHEP of that size. I can see 60 of that size being well over the 3500 lbs axle limit. Even then, I think it’s never recommended to get beyond 75% of a trailer weight limit anyways. And doesn’t the weight of the trailer itself need to be factored in as well towards its axle weight limit?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

And doesn’t the weight of the trailer itself need to be factored in as well towards its axle weight limit?

Yes the weight of the trailer is figured into the total weight limit. Most pallets weight between 30 and 70 lbs. Even when green I haven’t seen a normal sized pallet weigh over that.

Looking back at the first pic. I see that the trailer has more than 60 pallets on it. More like 75.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

And doesn’t the weight of the trailer itself need to be factored in as well towards its axle weight limit?

Yes the weight of the trailer is figured into the total weight limit. Most pallets weight between 30 and 70 lbs. Even when green I haven’t seen a normal sized pallet weigh over that.

Looking back at the first pic. I see that the trailer has more than 60 pallets on it. More like 75.

any way it goes its overloaded

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Pallets that size, especially the CHEP type can weigh up to 100 lbs. or as low as 50 lbs for non-CHEP of that size. I can see 60 of that size being well over the 3500 lbs axle limit. Even then, I think it’s never recommended to get beyond 75% of a trailer weight limit anyways. And doesn’t the weight of the trailer itself need to be factored in as well towards its axle weight limit?

I would a agree with you Kevin. I believe the weight of the trailer would be factored into the axle weight limit. Also some non chep pallets can be pretty have as depends on the wood they made out of. I deal with pallets every day. Some are heavy then others.

Greg

Haha yeah, should have thought it out a little bit better

Doobie

I would a agree with you Kevin. I believe the weight of the trailer would be factored into the axle weight limit. Also some non chep pallets can be pretty have as depends on the wood they made out of. I deal with pallets every day. Some are heavy then others.

I used to deal with them all the time as well when I was younger having worked in a warehouse and also in a grocery store in my teen years. And you’re right, some pallets, made by the same maker, weigh considerably more than others. It all depends on the amalgam of woods used mostly.

Gosh I don’t miss stacking pallets! Not sure if I could still do that kind of work. It’s a killer on the lower back and that part of me has been getting wonky over the years with killer tasks straining it real bad at times for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 330 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.637 seconds