dcsimg

Big Box Store Fails

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 342 total)
  • Author
    SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

LOL, but the lime green Ryobis are! HA HA HA

Guess nobody “wants” the Ryobi stuff?

But their tools have such interesting features! I have a friend who bought their 7 1/4″ sliding mitre saw – only mitre saw I’ve ever seen that can cut curves in the trim. How can you not want a feature like that! /s

But their tools have such interesting features! I have a friend who bought their 7 1/4″ sliding mitre saw – only mitre saw I’ve ever seen that can cut curves in the trim. How can you not want a feature like that! /s

That would be interesting , have any pictures of that , I don’t understand unless I’m missing how he does that 🤷‍♂️

Lol , actually they do have some decent tools , I guess they have no choice to make better tools with all the competition in the homeowners market.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I guess they have no choice to make better tools with all the competition in the homeowners market.

Actually since last year all the new tools Ryobi has introduced have gotten great ratings. The testers like them. They admit that Ryobi is best for DIYers for “occasional” use but they have all the features of Bosch, Milwaukee, or Makita without the ability to stand up to every day use without the big price tag.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I wouldn’t say that! I wouldn’t mine some of there tools. People stealing the brands as it worth more money and they make more money.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I guess they have no choice to make better tools with all the competition in the homeowners market.

Actually since last year all the new tools Ryobi has introduced have gotten great ratings. The testers like them. They admit that Ryobi is best for DIYers for “occasional” use but they have all the features of Bosch, Milwaukee, or Makita without the ability to stand up to every day use without the big price tag.

True , I’ve been seeing lots of tool ambassadors or pros getting lots of tools from Ryobi to test , and yes they said they really are better than the early years from Ryobi , this is all from IG
    That plus I have a few things from them , and in all honesty they have been great ,

About stealing the boxes from Milwaukee and Makita , I thought they had the special magnetic strip or something like that so when you go through the door that alarm sounds 🤷‍♂️

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

That would be interesting , have any pictures of that , I don’t understand unless I’m missing how he does that 🤷‍♂️

It’s so poorly built that it will occasionally cut a slightly curved line.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was at the Home Depot today, and the social distance signs and single queue lines are gone.

Waiting at one of the lines to get checked out (I could not use self check out because I have custom cut wires by the foot that has a special order sheet that requires manual entry), the cashier in front of me was really slow. She was helping a customer but you can tell she was scanning the items S L O W L Y…and when she was done she looked at her phone, then she went to get a drink, basically every three to four customers other cashiers processed she handled one. My line got longer and longer and the cashier looked at me and said “I can’t help you go to another line I am not supposed to be at this station” I waited for close to ten minutes, so I said to her I was told by the other cashier to line up here and now you tell me to go somewhere else. I left the line anyway, the other cashier saw this and helped me, she said the other cashier probably recognize me since I go there a lot and know she will not be able to sell me a HD credit card. Can you believe that?

I was at the Home Depot today, and the social distance signs and single queue lines are gone.

Waiting at one of the lines to get checked out (I could not use self check out because I have custom cut wires by the foot that has a special order sheet that requires manual entry), the cashier in front of me was really slow. She was helping a customer but you can tell she was scanning the items S L O W L Y…and when she was done she looked at her phone, then she went to get a drink, basically every three to four customers other cashiers processed she handled one. My line got longer and longer and the cashier looked at me and said “I can’t help you go to another line I am not supposed to be at this station” I waited for close to ten minutes, so I said to her I was told by the other cashier to line up here and now you tell me to go somewhere else. I left the line anyway, the other cashier saw this and helped me, she said the other cashier probably recognize me since I go there a lot and know she will not be able to sell me a HD credit card. Can you believe that?

That’s poor customer service for sure ,
    Glad someone else helped you out

Clev08
    Pro

That’s the kind of employee that should get fired in my opinion, there’s no way a manager that’s there all the time hasn’t noticed that.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

ANOTHER BIG BOX STORE FAIL!!! This time it’s Lowes. I am still angry LOL after a whole day.

So I went to return a few items at Lowes. I shop at these stores every day, so honestly I don’t remember when I bought something. Sometimes I bring back a full cart load of items after a big project, but today it was just some odds and ends. They rang it up and I swiped my credit card and she told me they have no record of the sale, may be it’s a different card? NOPE, this is my own business card and it has to be this one. OK has it been more than 90 days? I don’t know, may be. OK then if more than 90 days then it has to be a store credit. OK fine. But didn’t they extend the return window from 90 to 180 or more for COVID? Cashier said the system works the way it works. OK. So I was given a store credit card of $25.23 or something like that, they checked my ID too I guess people are selling and stealing store credit and gift cards.

So I went inside the store to get what I wanted to get and went to the check out line. This time I remember to use the store credit card I just got. I have about a half dozen HD and Lowes store credit cards that I always forget to use.

I gave the cashier the store credit card, she typed in the 4 digit code, asked me for my driver’s license, and there is a balance. So I paid the balance with my business card, the cashier took the store credit card and slipped it into the machine. Done, walking out, looking at the receipt. Total charge $47, store credit $2.5, charged me $44. What? So I walked back to ask the cashier, I don’t think this is right, only $2.5 of the card was applied to the total, something is messed up. She said, your total is $47, after the store credit was applied, there is an outstanding balance, that outstanding balance was charged to your credit card. I said yes, but the store credit was applied incorrectly, I have a higher balance like $25, only $2.5 was applied, resulting in a higher outstanding balance. She repeated the same thing to me two more times, as if I am a child that needed to be taught how to do 1 plus 1. Finally she realized what I was saying, she then said the store credit card had $2.5 so that’s what was used. I showed her the paper receipt of the return showing $25. At that time the cashier who processed my return earlier walked by and I waved her down, and asked her if she remember I just returned a few things earlier, she said yes, and I told her wasn’t the return $25 or so and why would the system only credit $2.5 when I used that card. She seems puzzled and tried to help this cashier to sort it out.

So after like 15 minutes of confusion, they decided they need a manager to come help, as they need to open the big box where the second cashier deposited the store credit card into and the manager has that key. PAGING THE MANAGER PAGING THE MANAGER, and meanwhile SIR CAN YOU STEP ASIDE SO WE CAN HELP OTHER CUSTOMERS, of course, so now I was waiting for the manager to come. Ten minutes later the manager is here and the entire story is repeated again, after they helped a few more customers, and the manager opened a new cashier lane to help people to were queued up behind me being inconvenienced because of this whole mess.

The manager has to now go FIND the key. After the key was found and tried, NOT THIS ONE, MUST BE THIS ONE, NOPE NOT THIS ONE EITHER, OH I KNOW, BE RIGHT BACK….finally the box got opened, and guess what, there are like 50 blue store credit cards in this big black box. Which one was the one I used? I am at a point thinking I have wasted way more than the $25 I am trying to get back.

The first cashier suggested going back to her return station to look up my return, and she was able to determine that my store return card has the 4688 4 digit code on the back. She called out to the second cashier to look for the card with the 4688 code, and they found it. So now it appears this card has balance on it. Why didn’t it apply the whole balance? They don’t know. I think I know what happened, there must have been a screen during the transaction the second cashier was asked how much of the store credit card to apply to the sale, may be someone has a $100 credit and he wants to apply only $50 to a $200 sale, I am not sure, but the cashier typed “250” instead of “2500” something like that and it got applied incorrectly.

Anyway, they took the card, my receipt and lead me back to the return area. They talked to the manager on how to get it correct. This was what they decided. They will first return everything I bought. Which will result in refunding my credit card the balance of the original purchase. The incorrectly applied $2.5, they will have to return it to me with a second store credit card of $2.5. So they took care of that. When they processed the $2.5 return as a store credit card, they had to check my ID. Now I have in my hand, the original store credit card (with the return amount MINUS the $2.5), a new store credit card (with $2.5) and my business credit card and my ID. They then rang up my items a second time, this time I gave them my first store credit card (they have to check my ID, why, they already checked it multiple times!!!), it was applied correctly, then I gave them my second store credit card, and they asked me for my ID again, wait, didn’t you just check it like 20 seconds earlier? and ten seconds before that? and 30 minutes before that? SMH…it got applied, then they asked me for my credit card to pay the final balance. The whole ordeal took 40 minutes, with most of it waiting for the store manager and his having to find the key for the big black box.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

OMG @miamicuse ! I would have flipped out!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ANOTHER BIG BOX STORE FAIL!!! This time it’s Lowes. I am still angry LOL after a whole day.

Oh man. You do have some interesting big box fails. But man all that waiting must of been tough.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Miamicuse lmfao 😂😆 oh man , that’s hilarious , maybe they were over qualified for that job 🤭🤭🤫
    I don’t know how you did it Sami I think I would have just left lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

So I went to return a few items at Lowes. I shop at these stores every day, so honestly I don’t remember when I bought something. Sometimes I bring back a full cart load of items after a big project, but today it was just some odds and ends. They rang it up and I swiped my credit card and she told me they have no record of the sale, may be it’s a different card? NOPE, this is my own business card and it has to be this one. OK has it been more than 90 days? I don’t know, may be. OK then if more than 90 days then it has to be a store credit. OK fine. But didn’t they extend the return window from 90 to 180 or more for COVID? Cashier said the system works the way it works. OK. So I was given a store credit card of $25.23 or something like that, they checked my ID too I guess people are selling and stealing store credit and gift cards.

So I went inside the store to get what I wanted to get and went to the check out line. This time I remember to use the store credit card I just got. I have about a half dozen HD and Lowes store credit cards that I always forget to use.

I gave the cashier the store credit card, she typed in the 4 digit code, asked me for my driver’s license, and there is a balance. So I paid the balance with my business card, the cashier took the store credit card and slipped it into the machine. Done, walking out, looking at the receipt. Total charge $47, store credit $2.5, charged me $44. What? So I walked back to ask the cashier, I don’t think this is right, only $2.5 of the card was applied to the total, something is messed up. She said, your total is $47, after the store credit was applied, there is an outstanding balance, that outstanding balance was charged to your credit card. I said yes, but the store credit was applied incorrectly, I have a higher balance like $25, only $2.5 was applied, resulting in a higher outstanding balance. She repeated the same thing to me two more times, as if I am a child that needed to be taught how to do 1 plus 1. Finally she realized what I was saying, she then said the store credit card had $2.5 so that’s what was used. I showed her the paper receipt of the return showing $25. At that time the cashier who processed my return earlier walked by and I waved her down, and asked her if she remember I just returned a few things earlier, she said yes, and I told her wasn’t the return $25 or so and why would the system only credit $2.5 when I used that card. She seems puzzled and tried to help this cashier to sort it out.

So after like 15 minutes of confusion, they decided they need a manager to come help, as they need to open the big box where the second cashier deposited the store credit card into and the manager has that key. PAGING THE MANAGER PAGING THE MANAGER, and meanwhile SIR CAN YOU STEP ASIDE SO WE CAN HELP OTHER CUSTOMERS, of course, so now I was waiting for the manager to come. Ten minutes later the manager is here and the entire story is repeated again, after they helped a few more customers, and the manager opened a new cashier lane to help people to were queued up behind me being inconvenienced because of this whole mess.

The manager has to now go FIND the key. After the key was found and tried, NOT THIS ONE, MUST BE THIS ONE, NOPE NOT THIS ONE EITHER, OH I KNOW, BE RIGHT BACK….finally the box got opened, and guess what, there are like 50 blue store credit cards in this big black box. Which one was the one I used? I am at a point thinking I have wasted way more than the $25 I am trying to get back.

The first cashier suggested going back to her return station to look up my return, and she was able to determine that my store return card has the 4688 4 digit code on the back. She called out to the second cashier to look for the card with the 4688 code, and they found it. So now it appears this card has balance on it. Why didn’t it apply the whole balance? They don’t know. I think I know what happened, there must have been a screen during the transaction the second cashier was asked how much of the store credit card to apply to the sale, may be someone has a $100 credit and he wants to apply only $50 to a $200 sale, I am not sure, but the cashier typed “250” instead of “2500” something like that and it got applied incorrectly.

Anyway, they took the card, my receipt and lead me back to the return area. They talked to the manager on how to get it correct. This was what they decided. They will first return everything I bought. Which will result in refunding my credit card the balance of the original purchase. The incorrectly applied $2.5, they will have to return it to me with a second store credit card of $2.5. So they took care of that. When they processed the $2.5 return as a store credit card, they had to check my ID. Now I have in my hand, the original store credit card (with the return amount MINUS the $2.5), a new store credit card (with $2.5) and my business credit card and my ID. They then rang up my items a second time, this time I gave them my first store credit card (they have to check my ID, why, they already checked it multiple times!!!), it was applied correctly, then I gave them my second store credit card, and they asked me for my ID again, wait, didn’t you just check it like 20 seconds earlier? and ten seconds before that? and 30 minutes before that? SMH…it got applied, then they asked me for my credit card to pay the final balance. The whole ordeal took 40 minutes, with most of it waiting for the store manager and his having to find the key for the big black box.

That really sucks! Glad you tough it out and not let them away with it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Kamster
    Pro

@miamicuse . That is incredibly bad. That would be an instance when I would file a complaint to corporate.

Were you dealing with the manager on duty or the store’s general manager?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Almost identical to my last encounter with HD. Mine was for a refund for store cancelled items because they were oos. I will say this, don’t depend on the stores website that shows how many are in stock. I also had a gift card involved and, going through this before, I decided to call the 800# to find out “exactly” where my refund will go. Spent an hour on the phone with the rep and he couldn’t find where it went…. and his super had no luck either. They said they would just have the store issue a new GC for the amount of refund. He emailed the store and cc to me..
    So.. off to get my order and refund GC I go. Another hour plus, I went through 5 different people at the service desk, a shift change, they lost my printed copy of the refund email…. finally the last guy said F-it, opened the register and gave me cash

@miamicuse . That is incredibly bad. That would be an instance when I would file a complaint to corporate.

Funny thing is , last October I went to Reno Depot , that’s one of our big box stores here , I went to order the Ego snow blower , I asked the girl working at the counter , she said she was going to page someone working in the department , no problem , I waited 20 minutes , I returned to see her , she was busy with another client , I left because my time is worth more than just waiting around for over 30 minutes , I was upset after I left , I decided to pull over and write an email about the experience , sure enough , a day later , the customer service manager called me , she was really good , gave me 15 percent off , plus another 10 percent if I got a credit card from them , I saved big time ,
    Might be a good idea to write up something and send it to them 🤞

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Might be a good idea to write up something and send it to them

You want to throw in another wasted ten minutes after the 40 minutes of wasted time LOL???

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am not sure. They paged the “manager”. I guess it could be anyone, not even necessary the manager, just someone at the supervisor level with access to override sale prices, void receipts, and with the key to the box with all the store credit cards.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 342 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.487 seconds