dcsimg

Best/Easiest way to remove Silicone Caulk

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Author

After watching the video I did a search for Remov and it is available on amazon in the US. The stuff looks amazing although it is not inexpensive, $26 for an 8 oz bottle.

😮😮😮I just checked our Quebec supplier 89 $ for 1 quart
    I will stick to scrubbing and the dab product I’ve been happily using
    Although it does look like a great product

Seems you can buy in smaller bottles.

http://removcanada.com/

The video in their front page about 14 seconds in showed they used a small bottle version.

Is it like this one on eBay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTSENBOCKER-LIFT-OFF-411-45-Sealant-Remover-4-5-oz/153040840207?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D156a5041d8094e8d8a077c76f892f545%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D322570199921%26itm%3D153040840207&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

What , much better , but they said 12.?? Then 19.?? Additional charges , that’s even more expensive than the bigger bottle if you calculate the size comparison to price 🤔

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What , much better , but they said 12.?? Then 19.?? Additional charges , that’s even more expensive than the bigger bottle if you calculate the size comparison to price 🤔

That may be the case in a per oz basis. But if you are just getting it to try it on a small project, that may work out better because if it doesn’t work then you throw it away, but if it does work then you feel better buying larger quantities.

When I first started out using wood restoration epoxies I bought pint size samples from over half a dozen companies, tried them all out and eventually settle on the one then I bought gallons of them.

That may be the case in a per oz basis. But if you are just getting it to try it on a small project, that may work out better because if it doesn’t work then you throw it away, but if it does work then you feel better buying larger quantities.

When I first started out using wood restoration epoxies I bought pint size samples from over half a dozen companies, tried them all out and eventually settle on the one then I bought gallons of them.

That’s a good point ,
    I will see if our Quebec supplier also have the smaller size. Might be able to save a few bucks on shipping

Doobie

My supplier down the street replied back from an email I sent and says he does carry it. Didn’t give me any details though. I’m gonna try and stop by next time I’m out runnin around doin errands.

Doobie

My supplier down the street replied back from an email I sent and says he does carry it. Didn’t give me any details though. I’m gonna try and stop by next time I’m out runnin around doin errands.

False alarm. Turns out he has a different product. Glad I called first to double check before heading there.

I mentioned that very few places here in Ontario seem to carry it, a few of them being some Home Hardware stores. He did mentioned that if one Home Hardware carries it, that any other HH store should be able to get it.

So I went online and ordered the 8 oz bottle for $16.37 (taxes in) to be delivered to the HH up the street from me rather than the other ones that have it in stock in a few of their stores that none of which anywhere near me. Should arrive in a week or two.

Here’s the link if anybody wants to order it thru HH…..

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/236ml-silicone-and-adhesive-remover/p/4521023

HH hardware also carries the 32 oz bottle for $45, but let’s try out the smaller bottle first and see if it is all that it toots itself to be.

I’ll let you guys know what I think, although I probably won’t be trying it out on silicone removal just yet, just for de-gunking off sticky stuff. I told my local supplier I would let him know what I’ll think of it as well as he seemed really interested in it also and may want to carry it.

I like the idea that this stuff is not a solvent, but a bond release agent. Might be better at removing labels and stuff better than the Citrus Solve stuff I’ve been using for years.

False alarm. Turns out he has a different product. Glad I called first to double check before heading there.

I mentioned that very few places here in Ontario seem to carry it, a few of them being some Home Hardware stores. He did mentioned that if one Home Hardware carries it, that any other HH store should be able to get it.

So I went online and ordered the 8 oz bottle for $16.37 (taxes in) to be delivered to the HH up the street from me rather than the other ones that have it in stock in a few of their stores that none of which anywhere near me. Should arrive in a week or two.

Here’s the link if anybody wants to order it thru HH…..

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/236ml-silicone-and-adhesive-remover/p/4521023

HH hardware also carries the 32 oz bottle for $45, but let’s try out the smaller bottle first and see if it is all that it toots itself to be.

I’ll let you guys know what I think, although I probably won’t be trying it out on silicone removal just yet, just for de-gunking off sticky stuff. I told my local supplier I would let him know what I’ll think of it as well as he seemed really interested in it also and may want to carry it.

I like the idea that this stuff is not a solvent, but a bond release agent. Might be better at removing labels and stuff better than the Citrus Solve stuff I’ve been using for years.

Thanks Kevin , I just checked the linky , looks like I’ll try to pick up one this week.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Let us know how it turns out.

Doobie

Picked the bottle of ReMov today that came in I ordered online at Home Hardware up the street.

Will try it out soon and get back to y’all.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picked the bottle of ReMov today that came in I ordered online at Home Hardware up the street.

Great looking forward to your comments

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This great you found a local place that carries this product. Look forward to your comments about this product.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

marioo
    Pro

There are some caulk remover that are speced for silicone. I think that both Dow and GE has some.

But I have never used them. However if silicone caulk is “sensitive” to petroleum produce.

I have used Goof-Off. It does not desolve the silicone, but cause it to swell up and become a soft gel.

You still need to scrap it, but it is much easier. I use a utility knife, plastic scraper, fiberglass brush, etc.

And when you get it off then wet a rag with the goof off and wipe over it a couple of times. That will get that little film off that you can’t see, but can still feel.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Kevin did you get a chance to try it out yet?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

There are some caulk remover that are speced for silicone. I think that both Dow and GE has some.

But I have never used them. However if silicone caulk is “sensitive” to petroleum produce.

I have used Goof-Off. It does not desolve the silicone, but cause it to swell up and become a soft gel.

You still need to scrap it, but it is much easier. I use a utility knife, plastic scraper, fiberglass brush, etc.

And when you get it off then wet a rag with the goof off and wipe over it a couple of times. That will get that little film off that you can’t see, but can still feel.

I have never tried Goof-off on silicone. If it’s a hard surface like porcelain tiles, I use a flex blade with the OMT to get most of it off, then a razor blade for the rest. Does the goof-off use create any nasty odor in tight spaces like a shower?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have used goof off on many sticky gooey things and it does work good to soften it up.

Doobie

I tried using it versus my old time fave Citrus Oil for some real nasty labels only, and it wasn’t nearly as efficient. But that’s not what I really got it for, and still haven’t tried it for actual silicone removal where it says it should really shine.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have used goof off on many sticky gooey things and it does work good to soften it up.

You are right I use it as well and it is pretty strong stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I tried using it versus my old time fave Citrus Oil for some real nasty labels only, and it wasn’t nearly as efficient. But that’s not what I really got it for, and still haven’t tried it for actual silicone removal where it says it should really shine.

I never made it out to the home hardware store to purchase the product

Doobie

Very few HH stores actually stock it. I had to order mine online for delivery to a HH near me for pick up.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You are right I use it as well and it is pretty strong stuff.

Isn’t it a synthetic lacquer thinner?

Very few HH stores actually stock it. I had to order mine online for delivery to a HH near me for pick up.

Thanks Kevin , I think I’ll check it out when I get a free moment , see if I can get it sent out to the store closest to me

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.417 seconds