dcsimg

Best Wishes to Jim Thread! ( Former Great and Fearless Admin.)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  MTRoads 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

We have been reading in other scattered thread postings the last week or so that Jim is no longer with Bosch likely as a result of a purging at Bosch and that our forum administrator for years now, Jim, is no longer with Bosch. This is sad news indeed. Companies of all types do this on occasion, and unfortunately Jim was likely in that group.

I figure that Jim may be poking around and seeing what is going on with what was his baby here on BTP, or, if not, one of the members who has his personal email perhaps can reach out to him and link this thread to him where we would like to thank him for all his great work for us over the years at BTP and say our thanks to him.

Jim, thank you for being there for us. I have been on forums where admins can be quite a challenge at times, but here at BTP I have never seen from you an uneven hand or any personal crap enter into your performance in dealing with us or the integrity of the forum. That says a lot to me. Says a lot of what kind of person you are too. A REAL PRO!

You have always been professional and supportive in your endeavors here as far as I’m concerned. We can be an unruly bunch at times, but you always had that under control with dealing with such things when things were going off the rails and stepped in appropriately always. I have the utmost respect for you Jim and wish you well in new opportunities. Hope our paths cross again some day. Gonna miss your guidance, your generosity, your insight, and most importantly you Jim! You take care buddy!

That is too bad. Jim has always been great to deal with. I wish him all the best in his next chapter. Appreciate what you did for the forum.

Orange County, CA

I don’t know much about Jim but my dealings with him were certainly reflective of a respectable individual. I joined the forums as a younger person in the trades just looking to gain the most knowledge per day as I could, I should of read the rules better but Jim was still understanding of my foul language blunders and helped me to shape up and be a better community member.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

We have been reading in other scattered thread postings the last week or so that Jim is no longer with Bosch likely as a result of a purging at Bosch and that our forum administrator for years now, Jim, is no longer with Bosch. This is sad news indeed. Companies of all types do this on occasion, and unfortunately Jim was likely in that group.

I figure that Jim may be poking around and seeing what is going on with what was his baby here on BTP, or, if not, one of the members who has his personal email perhaps can reach out to him and link this thread to him where we would like to thank him for all his great work for us over the years at BTP and say our thanks to him.

Jim, thank you for being there for us. I have been on forums where admins can be quite a challenge at times, but here at BTP I have never seen from you an uneven hand or any personal crap enter into your performance in dealing with us or the integrity of the forum. That says a lot to me. Says a lot of what kind of person you are too. A REAL PRO!

You have always been professional and supportive in your endeavors here as far as I’m concerned. We can be an unruly bunch at times, but you always had that under control with dealing with such things when things were going off the rails and stepped in appropriately always. I have the utmost respect for you Jim and wish you well in new opportunities. Hope our paths cross again some day. Gonna miss your guidance, your generosity, your insight, and most importantly you Jim! You take care buddy!

Very well said.

Thanks Jim.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Jim always did right by me. I’m sorry to see him go, and with so little communication as to how and why. I hope he is going off to bigger and better things, and that whoever replaces him maintains the quality of the networks he leaves behind.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know much about Jim but my dealings with him were certainly reflective of a respectable individual. I joined the forums as a younger person in the trades just looking to gain the most knowledge per day as I could, I should of read the rules better but Jim was still understanding of my foul language blunders and helped me to shape up and be a better community member.

Did you get a E-mail from Jim??? LOL,, that was Chad I saw made the post..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks for all you did and helped me with Jim,,,,
    Nō Ka ʻOi,,,, Aloha,, DWB

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jim was a great guy and always helped me out when i needed it. Thank you Jim.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

A true gentleman. Jim, you will be missed here. Best wishes for your future endeavours.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

We will miss you Jim! Thanks for all that you did for BTP!

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Jim was very professional in dealing with this site,
    Always took care of the members,
    Much appreciated,
    Good luck to you Jim in your future endeavors

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I would just like say thank you to Jim for what did for me & BTP. I would like wish you the best in the future.

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Good luck to you Jim with your future work endeavors. Now, as to getting out and fishing, may that big one find the end of your line and give you a thrill of a lifetime! Appreciate the class you brought to BTP with all your work here. Best wishes!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Hopefully we’ll see some good changes coming here

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

What do you mean by good changes’s?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What do you mean by good changes’s?

Improvements to this website, maybe some more interaction from sponsors/administration. Possibly even some new sponsors to btp.

Did you get a E-mail from Jim??? LOL,, that was Chad I saw made the post..

Yea Jim emailed me noting 2 times mods had to edit my posts, he was very kind and understanding and even replied to my response back to him.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Jim will be sorely missed here but c’est la vie…

I did pass the link on to Jim and he had a short reply:

“Please let the community know that I will miss interacting with them and hopefully the community will continue to be a resource and inspiration for pro tradespeople to “BeThePro”. My time with the members of this forum is one of my most cherished accomplishments. In reality though, it is the members and moderators of this community that make it what it is. My role was to provide guidance, direction and in rare instances mediation of issues. It is the members of this unique community that make it a dynamic place where value is created from the collective learnings and contributions of those who participate. Jim”

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Where ever you are Jim I hope you are doing well. Enjoyed our visit when you was in Ohio. Someone will have some big shoes to fill.

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread.

No problemo.

I did pass the link on to Jim and he had a short reply:

Thanks for doing that Chad. 👍

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.758 seconds