dcsimg

Best Trade Textbooks/Guides/Manuals

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the links and books,
    I couldn’t believe those polygon crown moldings amazing.
    I sent myself those links definitely great

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

This thread has been helpful for me so far. Thanks all for posting. My Amazon wish list has grown by several volumes just now.

Doobie

Anybody know an advanced manual/referencebook on bathroom tiling?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This thread has been helpful for me so far. Thanks all for posting. My Amazon wish list has grown by several volumes just now.

Amazon is a good source for books but for some of the ones that are out of print or hard to find, I like to go to abebooks.com or bookfinder.com. They are both easy to use sources.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Michael Byrne is a tiling guru. I have his older book, just called “Tiling”, but he updated it and added a bunch more info in his latest book, “Tiling for Contractors”. It’s a JLC book, and available through them.

Another excellent resource, more aimed at the DIY crowd, but still very good, is a guy named Roger. His website is http://floorelf.com/ and he covers every aspect of tiling you could think of.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Doobie

Amazon is a good source for books but for some of the ones that are out of print or hard to find, I like to go to abebooks.com or bookfinder.com. They are both easy to use sources.

Another surprisingly good source I have found over the years is second hand book stores. Most books are $2 or less.

Found a really expensive book a couple of years ago on master Japanese joinery that LV used to sell for some ridiculous price that I got for a buck. It’s amazing what techniques and types of joinery they traditionally used to build their ancient structures over there. Just makes your jaw drop.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

@dirtywhiteboy @smallerstick and everyone else who have responded, thank you. Some excellent info here.

I got JLC and FHB magazines for years. I found both of them to be invaluable.

Good point out on the CFR 1926. I think everyone should read it once, if they can. Informative, but not fun reading.

Sim Ayers is a genius. Whenever I feel like I need a dose of humility, I go read something by either Mike Holt, or Sim Ayers. 😆 Makes me feel like an idiot.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Whenever I feel like I need a dose of humility, I go read something by either Mike Holt, or Sim Ayers. 😆 Makes me feel like an idiot.

LOL! Right when you start to thing you’re hot stuff then we find these guys,,, man truly bad a55es!

Doobie

Michael Byrne is a tiling guru. I have his older book, just called “Tiling”, but he updated it and added a bunch more info in his latest book, “Tiling for Contractors”. It’s a JLC book, and available through them.

Missed your reply to that til today.

I went over to JLC and couldn’t find where the books are. Is that privy to paying JLC membership perhaps?

https://www.amazon.ca/Tiling-Contractors-Michael-Byrne-Paperback/dp/B00POEX9YG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472947039&sr=8-1&keywords=Tiling+for+Contractors

I looked at it inside on amazon.ca, but obviously, I’m not paying the nonsense price for it they want.

It looks like an excellent book. A little dated in some regards, and it doesn’t look like he covers latest materials like advanced Schluter or Wedi products.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

@Doobie
    That book is only $8.44 + shipping on the US side of amazon. Maybe you can get some in the US to buy it, and then just mail it to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Tiling-Contractors-Michael-Byrne/dp/1928580440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472949112&sr=8-1&keywords=Tiling+for+Contractors

Doobie

@doobie
    That book is only $8.44 + shipping on the US side of amazon. Maybe you can get some in the US to buy it, and then just mail it to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Tiling-Contractors-Michael-Byrne/dp/1928580440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472949112&sr=8-1&keywords=Tiling+for+Contractors

Maybe. Are those not all used copies for sale though? I did find that link originally, but I just got stung on a US order, so I’d be somewhat hesitant.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.328 seconds