dcsimg

best snips

This topic contains 70 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  MRenes 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

chadstolbox is my source of nws tools. got about ten pairs of different pliers few weeks ago in addition to pliers i already had. love the nws stuff. probably the best pliers on earth.

The new Irwin Vise Grip Pliers is rebranded of NWS. If you couldn’t find NWS in your local store, you might get the Irwin pliers.

http://www.irwin.com/promotions-events/vise-grip-cutting-pliers

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim, Thank you for the info. I had read that several months ago but your post jogged my memory. Will make it easier to buy the “NWS” brand now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

rylim, Thank you for the info. I had read that several months ago but your post jogged my memory. Will make it easier to buy the “NWS” brand now.

No problem. By the way, I heard that the price of Irwin plier is higher than than NWS but I haven’t had chance to check it out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

y the way, I heard that the price of Irwin plier is higher than than NWS but I haven’t had chance to check it out.

Really that’s odd. I’ll have to check that out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Do you find you use both the red and green ones?

When working with snips the “right” and “left” refer to which side the waste exits. So you end up using the snips that make the best cut for the job.

+
    I have the WISS set of three, I do find that I use the right and left. Don’t think I ever used the straight.

I have a really old pair of straight snips that are great for a quick cut.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have the WISS set of three, I do find that I use the right and left. Don’t think I ever used the straight.

I have the same set. The straight cutters are really only to make small cuts about the depth of the cutter head. Anything longer and you need to use the right or left cutters. The right and left designate which side the waste comes off. The reason that is important is because that is the side that the cutters distort. If you use the right cutters then the waste side is the right and the left piece will have the flat edge.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

sergey061478
    Blocked

chadstolbox is my source of nws tools. got about ten pairs of different pliers few weeks ago in addition to pliers i already had. love the nws stuff. probably the best pliers on earth.

The new Irwin Vise Grip Pliers is rebranded of NWS. If you couldn’t find NWS in your local store, you might get the Irwin pliers.

http://www.irwin.com/promotions-events/vise-grip-cutting-pliers

I do not like re-branded stuff. As other members have mentioned above, often re-branded tools are more expensive. I am sticking with NWS. If I am paying a lot of money, I would like to make sure that I am paying for quality. Tired of chiwanese-made crap.

Sparky603
    Pro
    Rural, NH

The right and left designate which side the waste comes off. The reason that is important is because that is the side that the cutters distort. If you use the right cutters then the waste side is the right and the left piece will have the flat edge.

Yep, can’t say I fully understood that until I saw it in a YouTube video all about cutting sheet metal recently.

3rd gen. master electrician / electrical contractor. Professional tradesman since 1987.

sergey061478
    Blocked

Thanks for pointing this out. There is always a right tool for a job. Just have to know which tool to use …

lulu
    Pro

HDX is pretty good. I have the three different angles and they work out pretty well. spring is good. and they are priced very reasonably I think I bought all three for 15 or 20 dollars.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

The Milwaukee ones are not very good imo. I still use wiss just keep them tight and oiled.

I have the milwaukee, two sets b/c I found them uber cheap one day.. They cut well but the lock device is a little screwy and it kinda annoying, Id recommend not going with them either.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.574 seconds