dcsimg

best snips

This topic contains 70 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  MRenes 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a set of Wiss, but will try the Irwins just to see.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

actually took a pair of irwin with a broken spring back to the store and they exchanged them for me with no receipt. It they will do that thats a win all around

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

actually took a pair of irwin with a broken spring back to the store and they exchanged them for me with no receipt. It they will do that thats a win all around

That’s a pretty good deal. Nice that they back the products they sell or this one at least.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a Wiss left turn, love em!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have a pair of the Wiss offset left and right hand turn snips. They are the way to go – makes things much eaier.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a pair of the Wiss offset left and right hand turn snips. They are the way to go – makes things much eaier.

I being right handed I find I mostly turn left. Do you find you use both the red and green ones?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you find you use both the red and green ones?

When working with snips the “right” and “left” refer to which side the waste exits. So you end up using the snips that make the best cut for the job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I end up using lefts to make most of my cuts.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I being right handed I find I mostly turn left. Do you find you use both the red and green ones?

I do use both, they are all I use actually. Having both on hand is nice when wrapping windows, especially when making the cuts for the sill piece.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do use both, they are all I use actually. Having both on hand is nice when wrapping windows, especially when making the cuts for the sill piece.

Well i thought If i were right handed I needed lefts but now with you using both I’ll have to get a set of rights.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well i thought If i were right handed I needed lefts but now with you using both I’ll have to get a set of rights.

The right and left refer to where you want the waste to come off. The waste side has the edge turned down where the good side edge is flat and ready to use. The straights (yellow handle) are really only good for short cuts as they distort both sides of the cut.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The right and left refer to where you want the waste to come off. The waste side has the edge turned down where the good side edge is flat and ready to use. The straights (yellow handle) are really only good for short cuts as they distort both sides of the cut.

Oh thanks,, I’m still learning.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh thanks,, I’m still learning.

Heck I learn something from you every day

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wiss all the way for us. I have create artistry with mine. Its not the snips; its the snipper..

www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wiss all the way for us. I have create artistry with mine. Its not the snips; its the snipper..

Very true.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

sergey061478
    Blocked

try NWS, it is a German brand, all stuff is made in Germany. somewhat pricy but well worth it

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Love my Klein linesman pliers. They must be over ten years old and still work like I bought them yesterday.

A Working Pro since 2004

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

try NWS, it is a German brand, all stuff is made in Germany. somewhat pricy but well worth it

I like the NWS but it is really hard to get it from local store.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NWS makes good stuff. Your right tough the find. Try Chads Toolbox, I have bought NWS from them before.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

sergey061478
    Blocked

chadstolbox is my source of nws tools. got about ten pairs of different pliers few weeks ago in addition to pliers i already had. love the nws stuff. probably the best pliers on earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.611 seconds