dcsimg

best snips

This topic contains 70 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  MRenes 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author

kzcarp
    Pro

I bought a couple of 3 packs of the Stanley Fat Max for $9.99 at an after Thanksgiving sale. I have not tried them out yet, but you could not beat the price.

Geez, and here I thought I got a good deal.

kevin

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I bought a couple of 3 packs of the Stanley Fat Max for $9.99 at an after Thanksgiving sale. I have not tried them out yet, but you could not beat the price.

I gave that set as a gift.. They looked pretty niee

Does knipex make snips?

--Steve

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Milwaukee and Dewalt both make a similar pair of snips, they are the one handed opening kind. Sometimes awesome and sometimes annoying. They both cut well and have held up. Midwest, imo, are a cheapo version of wiss. Wiss is the standard. Lenox ones are nice but pricy. I personally own a pair of Milwaukee since Im a red guy, plus i picked up a set of 3 for $17.

Wiss or malco .

Always willing to learn .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Wiss ! The older ones can’t be beat, same with the old Craftsman. Don’t know about the new ones since they’re made by Apex. Come to think of it, so are the Craftsman and the Stanley

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Does knipex make snips?

I’m a big knipex fan; I wish they made snips but I have the catalog and I don’t think I’ve seen them in there.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Does knipex make snips?

I’m a big knipex fan; I wish they made snips but I have the catalog and I don’t think I’ve seen them in there.

That’s too bad…Knipex would have been my first choice if I needed a pair.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s too bad…Knipex would have been my first choice if I needed a pair.

Really not that many choices, Wiss, Stanley, Irwin, & Midwest. They all look about the same with the big difference the color of the plastic handles. Prices from $24 – $45 for a 3 piece set.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What does everyone use most? Left, right, or straight?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I use all three, probably the left and right the most. when cutting corners on window and door wraps, It is helpful to have at least the Left and right to make the cuts. Without both some of the cuts become difficult as upper edge will end up on the wrong side of the bend and make a good cut difficult.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

What does everyone use most? Left, right, or straight?

All 3. You almost have to use the L or R when you just need to trim off a sliver cause the straight ones tend to just roll the edge instead of giving you a good clean cut

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

left but i use them upside down. I use mine every day and for thousands of cuts. Everything from 20ga to 16 I am a steel stud framer. I am sure wiss will still hold up for the occasional flashing cuts but for day in day out they loosen too often and get dull quickly. Ill go through 3 pair a year easy. If there isnt much better ill stick with irwin as they stay adjusted, i just need to replace the spring more often. BUT IRWIN DOES SEND ME THOSE AT NO COST

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So the Irwin ones are better than Wiss?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I guess it’s really just a matter of opinion. Try them all and see what works best for you.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Malco makes good snips also. I had forgotten about them. Most of their products are top notch.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ve never heard of Malco before I’ll have to check them out

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Malco is big in the siding tools… I bet their snips are really good

--Steve

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

They do siding, hvac, roofing, gutter, fasteners, etc. Here is a link to all of their catalogs of various tools, fasteners andaaccessories.

http://malcoproducts.com/catalogs/

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the good thing about the malco siding shears is that the blades are replaceable and can also be resharpened

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I wouldnt say one is better than the other, id put them on par. With the Wiss they seem to constantly fall out of adjustment. With Irwins they stay in adjustment though the spring wear out or break more often. I do tend to lean more towards the Irwin but cannot explain why.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.093 seconds