dcsimg

Best Pocket Hole Jig?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have the Kreg as well. I think that at one time and maybe still do, Porter Cable had a pocket screw jig.

Porter Cable does have a pocket hole jig. A friend of mine has it and the Kreg, he says he prefers the PC jig. Here is a link to a review from Protool:

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/joiners-planers/porter-cable-pc560-quik-jig-pocket-hole-joinery-system/10667/

And a video review from WorkshopAddict:

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I have the regular size Kreg jig and also the HD model which I use on deck railings sometimes.

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

I’m looking to get a pocket hole jig soon also. The PC looks amazing, but I can’t see spending $200 on a tool I’ll use rarely. I’ll probably go for the Kreg R3. It comes with a case for everything but the clamp, and is fairly compact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the Kreg micro jig too but have never used it. Has anyone used that one?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I really like the looks and mechanism of how the Porter cable one works. solves all the annoyances of the kreg jig. If i was in the market for a new one, the PC would be the way to go.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I really like the looks and mechanism of how the Porter cable one works. solves all the annoyances of the kreg jig. If i was in the market for a new one, the PC would be the way to go.

The PC one does look interesting, but as mentioned above I don’t know if spending that much is justifiable. For a tool that wouldn’t get used very much.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The PC one does look interesting, but as mentioned above I don’t know if spending that much is justifiable. For a tool that wouldn’t get used very much.

I use mine quite often on pretty much every project i work on till i can save up enough for a domino, although let me tell you how much a pain it is to set up the kreg compared to the pc one.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I just watched the video on the PC jig you posted @ChadM .

That looks pretty nice. I have the original Kreg and I will say this one is a bit better. I cringed at 100 dollars when I bought mine but have never regret it. If you haven’t used pocket holes you just don’t know what your missing.
    The only thing I wish he had done was show putting things together with the pocket holes.

K4 or K5 Kreg jig. If you have a bunch of holes to drill take the time and hook up a vac to it. Keeps all the holes clean of debris. I like the idea of the powered Foreman model I just haven’t had the job to justify it….yet!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have the K4 and so far it’s been a good system. I don’t see me spending the money to upgrade to the Porter cable.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have a couple of Kreg jigs but after watching the PC video I am really impressed with the simplicity of it…I may have to save a few bucks and get it. Sometimes wanting a tool is enough justification to buy it!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have the Kreg micro jig too but have never used it. Has anyone used that one?

I have the Micro block as well. I do use it, but not very often. It’s best suited for 1/2″ stock though…most of the time I would use dados if using 1/2 stock.

Also, you Have to use the pan head screws with the Micro…truss head screws just don’t fit into the hole.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I have a Kreg kit. Can’t remember the exact one. I will get the Kreg pro some day. Oh yes….it will be mine.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the Micro block as well. I do use it, but not very often. It’s best suited for 1/2″ stock though

I see, I don’t have the thing the block fits into. The K4 I don’t get to do a lot of pocket stuff with the GC I work with.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have the Micro block as well. I do use it, but not very often. It’s best suited for 1/2″ stock though

I see, I don’t have the thing the block fits into. The K4 I don’t get to do a lot of pocket stuff with the GC I work with.

The micro block doesn’t fit into the k4?

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe mine is different than yours?? Mine says on the box it fits in the K4 and the K3.

Dirty

woodman_412

For pocket holes I’m Kreg all the way. I have the R3 kit which I’ve had for years and I just got the K5 last summer and really like that. I still carry the R3 in my drill L-boxx for using on site and the K5 stays in the shop unless I’m doing a load of pocket holes on site for some reason. I always thought the dust extraction on the K5 wouldn’t really be all that necessary but once I got the K5 and tried the dust extraction port with my Bosch vac I never use it without it. The suction actually serves as a bit of a clamp to hold the work piece until you clamp it with the built in clamp.

Dan

danpattison.com

I use mine quite often on pretty much every project i work on till i can save up enough for a domino, although let me tell you how much a pain it is to set up the kreg compared to the pc one.

I’ve been using the kreg for the last few days… Once you get the set up done it’s so easy and overall a fantastic jig.

One piece of advice is when you’re putting the drill bit in the drill be very careful and do it over your bench. I thought it was in nice and tight, fell out onto a piece of wood on the ground and snapped in half… $25 later I have a new bit that I’ll be much more careful with !!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Maybe mine is different than yours?? Mine says on the box it fits in the K4 and the K3.

I bought mine at Menards…just pulled up their site and found the jig. It says it’s compatible with the K4! It definitely works just fine in my K5 though. We probably have the exact same jig.

Jon P.
    Instagram

We just bought this kit and an Automax clamp. We needed a small kit like this for our truck. The van has the full K4 kit. The van got the new clamp and the old style went in the truck. Not a bad little kit for a few pocket screws here and there.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools-accessories/pocket-hole-jigs-accessories/kreg-reg-jig-r3-pocket-hole-system/p-1444437282408-c-10090.htm?tid=-6358433127873279470

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.480 seconds