dcsimg

Best Pocket Hole Jig?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Hey Everyone,

I’m looking at building some shelves in my cold cellar and was thinking of taking the pocket hole approach for joining. I’ve heard great things about the Kreg Jig but was curious if anyone had any other advice for alternatives?

Thanks!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think that Kreg basically sets the standard for pocket hole jigs.

I concur, Kreg is the gold standard right now.

Will

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

There are a few others that make them . I would stay with Kreg.
    One of my best investments.

Personally, I want a Kreg Foreman. Sadly, it’s too big for the few projects I would use it for today but if I built cabinets or furniture regularly I’d buy one.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c26/pocket-hole-machinery/p322/foreman-pocket-hole-machine/

Aweome..Thanks guys, I will probably just stick with that. The Kreg jig seems to be the best. Always appreciated

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

When I bought my Kreg there was another guy in the store and saw me looking at the pocket hole sets.
    He worked in a cabinet shop and said they had both, a power set and the manual. He said the power set just sat and everyone used the hand jig.
    I bought it and have never regretted it. There are a lot more accessories now than there was when I bought mine many years ago.

I love my K5 set. I started with the mini (cheap to try) and wanted the speed and consistency of setup that the K5 offers.

Might get an HD now – plugs into K5 and lets me do much wider wood and bigger screws. Maybe for outdoor 2X builds

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

cant go wrong with Kreg, its what i use

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have the Kreg K5 and love it. I also bought a HD kit when it was on clearance.
    But I havent used that one yet.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I also own the k5. It’s great…much better than the k4, IMO. Make sure to pick up some clamps when you buy the jig.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like to use my Kreg jig too. It works great.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Kreg is the best out there. I built a stand for mine from some plans Kreg supplied, with little drawers for the screws and bits. They have a good system with lots of compatibility. Kreg is so dominant in this space, I wonder if anyone can come close to catching them.

Thanks for feedback guys. Kreg Definitely seems to be the most trusted jig when it comes to pockets.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks for feedback guys. Kreg Definitely seems to be the most trusted jig when it comes to pockets.

No question about it. Buy screws in bulk though. They are surprisingly expensive if you only buy small packs.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have had several projects where the foreman would come in handy. I have never pulled the trigger however. If I get another one, I probably will since the price has come down with the redesign.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the simple kreg k3 kit is all you need and some clamps if its something your only going to use occaionally

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

I have the Kreg as well. I think that at one time and maybe still do, Porter Cable had a pocket screw jig.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

next time come over and i’ll lend you my kreg jig, but for the future i think you should really look into the festool domino system and buy into that.

I also use the Kreg jig – have all the sizes. I use it if you can hide the pocket hole joint. Nice products altogether from Kreg. As a FYI, McFeely’s has some nice pocket hole screws if buying in bulk.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.395 seconds