dcsimg

Beginner Welding Setup

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    marioo
    Pro

MIG machine with the capability to add gas if it doesn’t come with it. Preferably 220v if you have it, or both inputs 110/220. Hobart, Eastwood, Miller, Lincoln all have good basic MIG machines. Buy the best you can afford… best to stretch a bit on the budget and buy quality.

CB
    Pro

A true beginning welding set up is not about the type of machine or the voltage or the type of welding process… it is about safety, personal protection gear, basic material/rod/gas knowledge, and puddle control. Puddle control. Puddle control.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A true beginning welding set up is not about the type of machine

Are you saying quality is not important?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

A true beginning welding set up is not about the type of machine

Are you saying quality is not important?

I am saying that the quality of the weld more depends on the quality of the weldor than the quality of the welding machine.

A beginner buying the best or biggest welding machine that they can afford doesn’t make any sense to me. The machine doesn’t do the welding. The machine merely makes heat. The weldor is the one who applies the heat. The machine merely moves current, and a wire if a feeder. It is the weldor who controls the current and the filler appropriately.

I’ve seen crappy welds done with the finest, fanciest welding machines, and excellent welds done with the crappiest, cheapest welding machines.

A beginner is better served starting off burning sticks on a tombstone from craigslist, so that they themselves can feel the feed, rather than watch wire ooze out of a gun and hang on for the ride.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am saying that the quality of the weld more depends on the quality of the weldor than the quality of the welding machine.

This is very true. A good machine will not make a novice welder better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A beginner buying the best or biggest welding machine that they can afford doesn’t make any sense to me.

What if they can afford it? Lots of people like to buy the best. Some even buy the best and almost never use em,,, I know some people with the best of everything just because they like to buy the best.

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I know some people with the best of everything just because they like to buy the best.

You mean like the Bosch mini chainsaw to be used as a box cutter? 😂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I know some people with the best of everything just because they like to buy the best.

You mean like the Bosch mini chainsaw to be used as a box cutter? 😂

Or maybe a toenail cutter lo..

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You mean like the Bosch mini chainsaw to be used as a box cutter?

AVE over on YouTube uses his as a box cutter all the time, I like it when damages the tool doing it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

You mean like the Bosch mini chainsaw to be used as a box cutter?

AVE over on YouTube uses his as a box cutter all the time, I like it when damages the tool doing it.

yeah that’s when I saw the mini saw first LOL.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.415 seconds