dcsimg

BEEN AWAY FOR AWHILE? POST UP HERE:

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Well, I’ll bump this dead thread back up.
    I’ve been trying to get my own show started and I’ll admit, it’s been slow going… But I managed to get picked up by a previous employer for a few months and they j kept me busy. Not much to show for pics (because of the collaborative nature of the projects), but I’ll get something up in the next few days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Doobie

Man, that seems odd. Trying to just continue ones own old conversation a year later.

😴

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been trying to get my own show started and I’ll admit, it’s been slow going… But I managed to get picked up by a previous employer for a few months and they j kept me busy. Not much to show for pics (because of the collaborative nature of the projects), but I’ll get something up in the next few days.

what show are you trying to start? is it youtube or tv?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Is it trade related? I’m very interested to hear more. I was thinking of incorporating social media into my daily jobs tasks along with my trade work.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Starting a new business can be slow at first. Just got to keep at it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Starting a new business can be slow at first. Just got to keep at it.

Ron has it right – starting out is tough and it can seem like it takes forever before you make any headway.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Yep, slow going for sure… Was keeping steady for a couple months, then there wouldn’t be a call for weeks at a time.

*Just for clarification, my use of the term “Show” was meant to imply one man show carpentry business.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

*Just for clarification, my use of the term “Show” was meant to imply one man show carpentry business.

LOL. I did the one man show for a long time – it’s tough. Working alone in this field is difficult and requires a lot of planning and forethought so you don’t get on site and spin your wheels.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yep, slow going for sure… Was keeping steady for a couple months, then there wouldn’t be a call for weeks at a time.

lol whoops my bad, i assumed you were talking network television show.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

LOL. I did the one man show for a long time – it’s tough. Working alone in this field is difficult and requires a lot of planning and forethought so you don’t get on site and spin your wheels.

That’s for sure, it takes a lot of planning to figure how to do stuff by yourself and still be profitable.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, wishing you good luck on going it by yourself, it’s slow at the beginning, but after a first couple of happy clients, you should start getting some calls,
    Keep us posted.
    Is it mainly carpentry such as framing, or will you be touching other parts of the trades.

Very true @ChadM @asevereid ! Hell even with a partner and an employee there are days when I feel like all we get done is spinning our wheels.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very true @chadm @asevereid ! Hell even with a partner and an employee there are days when I feel like all we get done is spinning our wheels.

Wheel spinning does happen, I guess you pro that know how to factor that in is why you excel.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have often said that I think I could make the same money being a one man show. The biggest problem is that I like working with a crew and the types of jobs that brings. Kudos to those who make the solo thing work, but I know that it is not for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.393 seconds