dcsimg

Battery stuck on the tool

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice to see that you got it out, I probably would have destroyed the tool lol.

Me too, I fix most of my problems by hitting it with a hammer. Lol

Lol if a hammer doesn’t work just get a bigger one

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Taking in the impactor apart worked

first time seeing the IDS181 opened up – the surgery does not look complicated 😛
    patient survived the procedure and can return work in the next few days.
    glad you got it out!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

It’s not complicated at all cuz was just battery been stuck. If motor have a problem good luck. Nothing on the motor looks servicable.can’t change the brushess . On the new one you can change the brushess

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t think those brushes are intended to be replaced anyway, the motor is a single unit. Of course nothing preventing you from bending a few tabs to disassemble the motor and get to the brushes. 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@jzmtl yes wasn’t going down cuz corner of the hook was damaged and plastic sticking out of it . I shave the plastic with razor.I guess it got crushed somewere.

Glad to see that you got the battery out and found the issue.

I was going to say, it’s time now to get Wireless charging batteries so if it happens again you don’t have to take the impactor apart. 😛

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MB that is not the first battery on this forum that got stuck and I believe that also had an issue with the battery release not releasing due to plastic flash being left on. Best to check the batteries when you first get them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Nice to see that you got it out, I probably would have destroyed the tool lol.

Me too, I fix most of my problems by hitting it with a hammer. Lol

And if that fails, free flyin lessons. 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

MB that is not the first battery on this forum that got stuck and I believe that also had an issue with the battery release not releasing due to plastic flash being left on. Best to check the batteries when you first get them.

This is true. I think the tolerances of these batteries vary quite a bit as I have had an issue of a battery fitting tight in the PS41 and had to file down some areas for it to work as intended.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

the batteries I have seem to be tight to the tool and there have been a few times where it has gone through my head as if I have a stuck battery and its gonna be a pain to release it.

I don’t think those brushes are intended to be replaced anyway, the motor is a single unit. Of course nothing preventing you from bending a few tabs to disassemble the motor and get to the brushes. 😉

I’ve never replaced any brushes on any tools I’ve owned .

Good tip cause they just throw the battery’s in during factory shipping .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

I’ve never replaced any brushes on any tools I’ve owned .

Nothing cordless for me, but I have on a few corded tools over the years. Cordless usually get tossed because of obsolete dead batteries dictating their demises.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nothing cordless for me,

Really no cordless tools?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Nothing cordless for me,

No, I meant I’ve never never had to change brushes on anything cordless I’ve owned. I have lots of cordless tools. Pretty much all Bosch now as well.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nothing cordless for me,

He is talking about replacing brushes. Has replaced on corded tools but not Brushless cordless tools.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

He is talking about replacing brushes. Has replaced on corded tools but not Brushless cordless tools.

Oh OK I understand. Hard to find anybody I would think all corded in this day and age.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.383 seconds