dcsimg

Battery stuck on the tool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have the idh181 impactor. And I put the 6.0 ah battery and can’t take it off its stuck on the tool now what. I wish it was the wireless battery got stuck

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Dynamite?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I feel your pain. @masterbosch.

When I got my PS41 first 12V battery I put in got stuck. Took me a while to get it out. I tried my other battery and that one slipped in and out without issue.

I had to take a file to some of the guides on my battery once I got it out.
    Maybe try a drop or two of a lube??
    Good Luck

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Looks like the lock button doesn’t press down far enough, something wedged inside? I’d try spray some silicone lube behind the button and see if it helps. All else fails it looks like you can undo the screws on either the tool body to separate the two halves so battery falls out, or the screws on the battery to separate the lower section and have access to the lock lever.

Looks like the lock button doesn’t press down far enough, something wedged inside? I’d try spray some silicone lube behind the button and see if it helps. All else fails it looks like you can undo the screws on either the tool body to separate the two halves so battery falls out, or the screws on the battery to separate the lower section and have access to the lock lever.

Not sure I would spray anything inside the battery, might hit the little electronic board, and don’t those tools have those little c clips that holds it together near the inside of the handle.

What about unscrewing the battery pack? Or try dropping it about a foot or two from the ground?

Good luck, hopefully you can get it off.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Good hint there I may take it a part @jzmtl I’m gonna try that

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@boschmanbrian you maybe right also let me look at my other impactor I have 2 idh181 I believe it does have a c clip

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I never faced a problem like that.
    Hopefully you can solve the problem.
    Did you treat your IDH181 nice in the past or maybe its mad at you lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Only awkward times trying to take out the batteries for me would be on the PB360BT and the Bosch 18v Circular saw. I often see guys struggling with that.

Never had a stuck battery yet! Hope you get it dislodged.

A Working Pro since 2004

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Silicone should be safe for electronics.

@boschmanbrian you maybe right also let me look at my other impactor I have 2 idh181 I believe it does have a c clip

The 12v tools have a clip on bottom of handle, but none of the 18v I’ve seen has one.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Taking the battery screws out didn’t work at all now putting the screws in trying to take the impactor apart

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Taking in the impactor apart worked

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Good to see it’s apart lol.

Can you see where was it stuck? Was the lock tab on battery jammed and won’t go down?

Taking in the impactor apart worked

Good job on getting it fixed,

@jzmtl
    your method worked, good to know for future reference thanks.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I am surprised to see that, and had never heard of such an issue before now. Glad to see you solved the problem, but it seems like something that shouldn’t happen.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

It’s done now was project in a half I had to take the impactor apart to spare the battery.botton kind of sticks together on the battery gotta open that and clean it or something

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@jzmtl yes wasn’t going down cuz corner of the hook was damaged and plastic sticking out of it . I shave the plastic with razor.I guess it got crushed somewere.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl yes wasn’t going down cuz corner of the hook was damaged and plastic sticking out of it . I shave the plastic with razor.I guess it got crushed somewere.

Lol what are the chances of that happening, glad to hear the problem is fixed.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice to see that you got it out, I probably would have destroyed the tool lol.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Nice to see that you got it out, I probably would have destroyed the tool lol.

Me too, I fix most of my problems by hitting it with a hammer. Lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.271 seconds