dcsimg

BATTERIES THE STRAIGHT DOPE!!

This topic contains 148 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)
  • Author

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like my 12v system for its size and convenience. It’s not often I have to pull out my 18v drills any more.

This is why I want to buy a 12v brushless so I can do the same. The 18v’s are just too heavy when you have a billion holes to drill and screw.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

A picture of the app software screenshot for the Dewalt Bluetooth batteries thanks to toolboxbuzz on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/118019891590870/photos/pcb.937404169652434/937404019652449/?type=1&theater

A Working Pro since 2004

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I like my 12v system for its size and convenience. It’s not often I have to pull out my 18v drills any more.

This is why I want to buy a 12v brushless so I can do the same. The 18v’s are just too heavy when you have a billion holes to drill and screw.

I hung 30 doors, half of which were 8 ft solid core with the 12v Fuel drill. It tucked into my finishing belt easily. When it’s not in my belt it has a nice spot in the tool bag. Easily my best purchase of 2014.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

A picture of the app software screenshot for the Dewalt Bluetooth batteries thanks to toolboxbuzz on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/118019891590870/photos/pcb.937404169652434/937404019652449/?type=1&theater

Never understood how they measure the battery health. My last phone battery was down to maybe 1/3 of it’s original capacity and started to swell, the software still says it’s healthy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That looks like too much info and will just increase the cost of the battery. I don’t need any of that stuff.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous

That looks like too much info and will just increase the cost of the battery. I don’t need any of that stuff.

Seems like homeowner gimmick junk to me. “Ooh, shiny!”

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Seeing how I just started getting the newer lithium battery pack’s with the fuel gauge on them. Don’t think I would want that dewalt Bluetooth stuff, just press the fuel gauge, and if it’s good, just go

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Don’t know if I’m for or against it but think it’s an interesting innovation.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Seems like homeowner gimmick junk to me. “Ooh, shiny!”

I completely agree. If you are checking the app on your cellphone while using a tool…you’re fired! Go home and play with your app on the couch. Seriously though, is anyone in the trades going to check their phone for battery stats?

I have a pretty good idea how much life my batteries haven’t a given moment just from using them day in and day out. I’m sure everyone here can FEEL when a battery is needing a charge…no app necessary.

This is stupid…come on Dewalt! Rant over…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I completely agree. If you are checking the app on your cellphone while using a tool…you’re fired!

I can’t figure this one out. Somebody came up with an idea for an app to marry your tool to the smart phone but why not just put the battery meter on the battery? That makes more sense.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I wonder if it’s just testing the water for more tool/app integration.

Just what is needed, another reason to keep a cell phone out and time of the job

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

What’s next, a battery that texts you when it’s tired? Sometimes they come out with technology just for the sake of technology. Sounds like something a computer nerd thought up, not a person who might actually use the tool, another gimmick for marketing i guess!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

uhhh i just found out that milwaukee is going to be putting the same tech into their batteries….. why are they wasting their time with that.. just keep doing what your doing milwaukee and watch dewalt kill itself

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

uhhh i just found out that milwaukee is going to be putting the same tech into their batteries….. why are they wasting their time with that.. just keep doing what your doing milwaukee and watch dewalt kill itself

I know they have that weird key technology they’re introducing in August but I haven’t heard anything about battery apps, where did you hear it?

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

And just a thought on the bluetooth in batteries. I don’t see a use for it in my day to day work but it could be something useful as the technology advances. The ability to lock people out of my tools or batteries would be a nice deterrent. Who knows where it will go from here. A toolbox with no external lock to cut that will only open if your phone activates it? I could see flaws in that already but it’s probably not far off.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The inherent problem with the Bluetooth lockout is that the tools is going to be stolen anyway. Mr. Joe Thief is going to be long gone with your stuff before he realizes the batteries are bricked. He won’t be bringing it back as a courtesy. Again I say, this is bloat ware to jack up the price and is totally unnecessary.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I do see that side of the argument as well. No one wants to pay more.

I would still like a remote activated self destruct to punish would be thieves though.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I think the whole Bluetooth thing is pointless, it doesn’t serve a need and just seems like a gimmick. I am sure it will grab a few peoples attention but I have never been a fan of Dewalt and I will stick with what I like.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The blueteeth also adds one more thing to fail on the battery. Too many electronics going on in there.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.380 seconds