dcsimg

BATTERIES THE STRAIGHT DOPE!!

This topic contains 148 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 149 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I thought this report really broke it down.
    http://www.protoolreviews.com/news/20v-max-vs-18v-battery-power/17024/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Does anyone actually fall for that 20v MAX stuff?

Funny enough this video was also uploaded to youtube yesterday.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks to me as DeWalt likes to stretch the truth or grab for the far end of the truth.

Dirty

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well that’s what marketing people do, so in a sense can’t blame them for doing what they were taught to do.

A nicad 14.4v Dewalt is my first quality drill so I’ve got a soft spot for the brand, but their stuff now has more and more negative reviews.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

It’s not confined to Dewalt. Have you noticed Milwaukee’s 12v lineup? That’s 10.8. If Dewalt had been the first company out there with the LiOn batteries then I bet everyone would be marketing them as 20v.

Anonymous

Any fool that chooses their cordless solely on the voltage the company uses for marketing is just that.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/EYhrBGkt8jk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Been reading a lot about the Dewalt BS but glad you put up the video for proof. Funny though as there are a lot of people I’ve seen recently using Dewalt stuff. Almost all the guys who came to install my PV had Dewalt. Crew installing the rails used Dewalt, the electricians had them too. Even the networking guy who programmed the inverter had Dewalt.

There was only one guy who had a different brand. He was the guy checking the installation and he had Ridgid.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Been reading a lot about the Dewalt BS but glad you put up the video for proof. Funny though as there are a lot of people I’ve seen recently using Dewalt stuff. Almost all the guys who came to install my PV had Dewalt. Crew installing the rails used Dewalt, the electricians had them too. Even the networking guy who programmed the inverter had Dewalt.

There was only one guy who had a different brand. He was the guy checking the installation and he had Ridgid.

That’s because DeWalt is the only co. that has a service center on island.

Dirty

That’s because DeWalt is the only co. that has a service center on island.

Wow, didn’t know that. No wonder there are so many with their tools. Even noticed there were a lot of guys buying Dewalt at the He Man sale.

Have you dealt with Larsen’s Tool Repair? They seem to be a service center for a few companies.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Have you dealt with Larsen’s Tool Repair? They seem to be a service center for a few companies.

I service my own tools.

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s funny how many people at my work have no clue about the Dewalt 20v fiasco.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Any fool that chooses their cordless solely on the voltage the company uses for marketing is just that.

Remember many people aren’t as informed as we are. I mean when I first bought cordless I was under the impression higher violtage is better. Means longer life between charges. The advertising works.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for posting that up Dirty. Interesting reading. I have the 20V B&D platform and never thought it was any more powerful than my 18V Bosch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

whats funnier about the dewalt lith ion stuff is that they were one of the last companys to come out with their litium batteries….. if memory serves correct milwaukke and makita came out with lithium 9 or 10 years ago. dewalt didnt have theirs until about 2009 or 10 with their nano tech batteries which failed miserably so they had to go back to the drawing board….

as for guys using their stuff.. one of the guys on my crew is using the dewalt 20 v stuff.. the only thing i like about the impact is the 3 led lights on it.. two other guys are using the 12v drills. nothing special. . my gc buys dewalt mitre saws and table saws solely because he likes the fact that their service centre is the easist to get to if they break down.. sadly the dewalt mitre saws feel like atoy when using them compared to the bosch and milwaukee mitre saw

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Anyone who uses 18650 batteries for flashlights, would know that there is a good chance that the battery can explode if charged to over 3.7V.

I have several and the charger will only charge to 3.7V for safety reasons.

As the video said “How do they *** sleep at night?” LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I really appreciate the no-nonsense approach to this article and the plain language…..

and the video to back it up.

Nice work, gentlemen!

That video was great. How would you like to be sitting in a dept meeting trying to fivre out how to respond to that

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Good video . I never saw the inside of the batteries before. Is it worthwhile to change the batteries inside the pack? Is it even possible?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good video . I never saw the inside of the batteries before. Is it worthwhile to change the batteries inside the pack? Is it even possible?

Yes you can. Batteries Plus et all sells the individual batteries or they can “rebuild” them for you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am not big on wanting government in our lives but I am all for truth in advertising. Thinking of the 2×4 fiasco in California where Lowes got in trouble, why not this?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.754 seconds