dcsimg

Bathroom Remodel @tonyg

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

So I noticed there we a few threads with bathroom remodel as the title so I added my username. I started my bathroom remodel, the one I redeemed the wet tile saw. When it comes to this type of remodel I am a DIYer except for any electrical. I am open to advice, suggestions and opinions. And I am sure I will have questions along the way. Here are a few pictures of the demo I did today.

Ok so it only let me upload the first 2 pictures of the before.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Here is some of the demo work.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looking good Tony. Gotta love demo days.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Are you gutting and re-doing the entire bath or just the shower area?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Looks like you got the right idea Tony. Figuring out where demo starts/stops can be a real money saver.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Good start Tony, You are working in a smaller room to reno than the one I posted up that I did last year.
    I don’t know about you, but me at times I got frustrated working in such a small space. @r-ice kept asking to assist me but I kept telling him that there is no room for 2 people to maneuver in there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

What all do you plan to do? Sometimes getting started is the hard part and you have done that. Lots of help here if you need it.

@TonyG looking good, i did not see a bulldog or demo hammer in the picture, I thought you had one, I use the typical tools as you are using also, at times I rent one out if the job is a fairly large size room.
    looks like its a lower level washroom ? are you going to be using your new tile saw 🙂

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Looking forward to seeing the finished pictures .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Good start Tony, You are working in a smaller room to reno than the one I posted up that I did last year.
    I don’t know about you, but me at times I got frustrated working in such a small space. @r-ice kept asking to assist me but I kept telling him that there is no room for 2 people to maneuver in there.

lol we could’ve taken turns, one in and one out.
    eventually if we have time, i may put in the shower and washroom downstairs where everything is roughed.

@tonyg
    I am gonna watching so I can get inspirations from this project. What have you decided so far about the look of it?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TonyG the demo is always the really fun part. Getting it all cleaned out to start fresh.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Are you gutting and re-doing the entire bath or just the shower area?

The whole bath I just started with the shower area because I was tired of looking at it. lol.

What all do you plan to do? Sometimes getting started is the hard part and you have done that. Lots of help here if you need it.

Retile the floor and shower, replace the toilet, sink, and vanity. Add a Fan, light, heater combo.

@TonyG looking good, i did not see a bulldog or demo hammer in the picture, I thought you had one, I use the typical tools as you are using also, at times I rent one out if the job is a fairly large size room.
    looks like its a lower level washroom ? are you going to be using your new tile saw :)

I didn’t use a bulldog, I beat around the edges with my hammer and than I pulled off big sections of tile and backer board all at once and carried them out. I do plan on using the tile saw, this is the project I redeemed it for lol.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

There are demo hammer bit designed to make tile demolition easier. They just lift the tiles, oftentimes without even breaking it into many pieces.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-1-1-2-in-SDS-Plus-Steel-Tile-Chisel-HS1465/202242733

BryanT

There are demo hammer bit designed to make tile demolition easier. They just lift the tiles, oftentimes without even breaking it into many pieces.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-1-1-2-in-SDS-Plus-Steel-Tile-Chisel-HS1465/202242733

Oh I am pretty sure he knows all about them, he is a seasoned pro.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice work Tony! Demo is always fun, but a back breaker. Are you going to do anything with the giant window in the shower? I’ve seen them many times before, but I’d feel a bit weird showering there.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Nice. Times like this make me appreciate having a 15 yr old son around

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

You forgot to take the towels out before you started making dust. 😮 😆

Good start. Can’t wait to see the tile.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Doobie

Let er rip Tony!

Looking forward to your progress updates!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great start on the new bathroom. I’m Subscribed to this one. It will be fun to see the progress.

Are you going to do anything with the giant window in the shower?

Is that window what they call the shower show??

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Oh I am pretty sure he knows all about them, he is a seasoned pro.

I am not a seasoned pro when it comes to this stuff lol.

Nice work Tony! Demo is always fun, but a back breaker. Are you going to do anything with the giant window in the shower? I’ve seen them many times before, but I’d feel a bit weird showering there.

I am thinking about replacing it with a more energy efficient one but that is about it. It will stay in the same place and the same size and everything.

You forgot to take the towels out before you started making dust. 😮 😆

Good start. Can’t wait to see the tile.

Delta

lol Yep got a ear full from my wife too! But in my defense I told her I was going to start as soon as her sister that was staying with us while she was on vacation left.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.344 seconds