dcsimg

Bathroom flooring tile or vinyl floating floor

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Hica1943 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Looking at redoing our bathroom and trying to figure what is best long term. We kinda decided on porcelain tile over ceramic and then someone mentioned about the vinyl floating floor that’s waterproof & mold resistant. I’m not sure about it and wanted what everyone thinks about it.

Thanks

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We have used the LVP or LVT floors quite a bit they are not to bad, I much prefer real tile however

I am going through a similar dilemma and I am leaning toward tile, even though I am not very good at laying tile.

Will

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Tile is definitely better and porcelain tile the best. I will say that we have been using the vinyl plank flooring a lot lately and I really like it a lot. I think it is even better than the laminate.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I will be making the same decision shortly. I do prefer the look and the feel of tile although I will be taking a close look at LVT, too.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

This is a vinyl plank floor we just did.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Looks awesome Ron, did you have to put any type of underlying plastic or base before the vinyl flooring, what are the manufacturing recommendations.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That looks really nice! I like the look of it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Wow that looms good. Maybe I will consider and look at the planking. We really like the look of the tile though.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I personally prefer tile unless it’s the commercial vinyl plank tiles that are solid color or near solid color panels.

We did our guest bath with mill finish stainless on a silicone bed but most people hate it. We love it. Our home is a ‘54 modern and everything inside that we’ve added is more minimal and contemporary but still mixed with the original modern.

Attachments:

j

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Came out really nice RonO. Nice indeed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I personally prefer tile unless it’s the commercial vinyl plank tiles that are solid color or near solid color panels.

We did our guest bath with mill finish stainless on a silicone bed but most people hate it. We love it. Our home is a ‘54 modern and everything inside that we’ve added is more minimal and contemporary but still mixed with the original modern.

Thanks for sharing. I never seen a toilet like that before. Is that something they are coming out?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice looking floor Ron.
    I do like vinyl plank. Holds up well and easy to install.
    Tile is a little more durable. But much more labor intensive to install.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree Ron . Just like the laminate you have to leave room on the outside edges for expansion and contraction.
    The plus side is that it is way easier to install and wayyy cheaper.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Looks nice Ron. I just installed my first one at my new place last year. I am very happy with the results so far. Can’t believe how well it locks together, and has proven very durable so far.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

As you said; not for everyone, but I think it’s a great look. Very much in keeping with a 50’s modern home. I like it a lot!

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I agree, I to like the tile better, but they definitely have come a long way with the floor style and choices.

Nice job on you’re bathroom, looks nice.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Between and ceramic and porcelain tile. which is better to use? A friend of mine asked why I haven’t considered ceramic.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

There’s a gas station/convenience store/roadside restaurant that I occaisionly stop at (good food). The restroom, the men’s, is completely done in polished aluminum diamond plate… wall to wall, floor to ceiling. Unique look to say the least.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@hojo04 Porcelain tile is much harder and much better. I only use ceramic on walls.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.782 seconds