dcsimg

Bathroom flooring opinions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have recently finished my upstairs in hardwood flooring. I have two bathrooms upstairs. My flooring is 3/4 inch higher than my bathroom flooring. I will be laying 1/4 inch subfloor and tile overtop. What I am wondering is I have a Jacuzzi tub that that front comes off of for access to the motor. Should I run the tiles underneath this panel and possibly trim the panel to fit or should I run the tiles to the edge of the panel? What should I use for trim?

Thanks for your advice

RyanF
    Pro

You dont want to use 1/4″ material under tile for a subfloor, unless youre calling CBU a subfloor.

How low does the panel edge come to . Is is 1″ off the floor or lower to tile . Do you have a picture .

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

my guess is that you already have 3/4″ boards on the floor or more and then the hardwood in the rest of the area. In that case a 1/4″ tile backer and tile should be fine.

As for the tup, it depends on how the access opens. I am not sure cutting it off works well as a lot of them have a lip you would be cutting off. as noted above, Photo’s would help.

The best bathroom floor I ever saw was the one my parents put in. They had a guy come in with a chopper gun and do it with fibreglass. They went 3″ up the wall and did the tub surround too. It was very easy to keep clean and had a nice fleck in it to make it look nice.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.461 seconds