dcsimg

Baseboard Question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

In the one bedroom I missing 10 feet of baseboard. I just wondering if this type of baseboard can be bought. Could this trim be made by myself? If I make the baseboard how I would go about it? I made a cardboard template of the baseboard

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

In the one bedroom I missing 10 feet of baseboard. I just wondering if this type of baseboard can be bought. Could this trim be made by myself? If I make the baseboard how I would go about it? I made a cardboard template of the baseboard

It’s hard to see by the pictures , but it looks fairly easy to replicate in one of the pictures ,
    Will you be keeping it painted 🤷‍♂️

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Kind of hard to tell by your picks. But I think this is close.
    Alexandria MouldingWM 712 9/16 in. x 3-1/2 in. x 96 in. Pine Base Moulding

my local yard still sells it. but looks like HD and Lowes need to order around me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Kind of hard to tell by your picks. But I think this is close.

Alexandria MouldingWM 712 9/16 in. x 3-1/2 in. x 96 in. Pine Base Moulding

my local yard still sells it. but looks like HD and Lowes need to order around me.

Yeah my pictures aren’t the greatest. I think your right it looks pretty close to me too.
    Thanks Ron.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It’s hard to see by the pictures , but it looks fairly easy to replicate in one of the pictures ,

Will you be keeping it painted 🤷‍♂️

The baseboard weren’t originally paint. We painted it.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is called a ranch profile and should be available at about any lumber yard or big box. That profile is fairly common. I don’t think I would mess with trying to make it as it is fairly inexpensive.

Doobie

Looks like a fairly standard moulding.

How old is it? Some standard mouldings by manufacturers have gotten slimer over the years/decades from what they once were, but not so much that backing it with something like card stock or whatever to compensate and once installed, the DAP stuff can hide such minor discrepencies.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It is called a ranch profile and should be available at about any lumber yard or big box. That profile is fairly common. I don’t think I would mess with trying to make it as it is fairly inexpensive.

Thanks Kurt! I will look at the big box when I go there next. I won’t be trying to make it if I can buy it. I didn’t know it was fairly common. This is the first time for me see this type of baseboard.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

How old is it?

I have no idea how old it is.

but not so much that backing it with something like card stock or whatever to compensate and once installed, the DAP stuff can hide such minor discrepencies.

I will keep this tip mine if I have this issue. Thank you.

Greg

Doobie

Some standard mouldings by manufacturers have gotten slimer over the years/decades from what they once were, but not so much that backing it with something like card stock or whatever to compensate and once installed, the DAP stuff can hide such minor discrepencies.

I’d shy away from that in a wet/humidity environment like a bathroom, but in a bedroom you’d be just fine.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Some standard mouldings by manufacturers have gotten slimer over the years/decades from what they once were, but not so much that backing it with something like card stock or whatever to compensate and once installed, the DAP stuff can hide such minor discrepencies.

I’d shy away from that in a wet/humidity environment like a bathroom, but in a bedroom you’d be just fine.

I curious why you say this?

The bathroom has been updated and it has different baseboard.

I am not replacing all the baseboard in the house. I need to 2 pieces of this baseboard in one of the bedrooms. It had been removed when they build a build in along those walls.

Greg

Doobie

I am not replacing all the baseboard in the house. I need to 2 pieces of this baseboard in one of the bedrooms. It had been removed when they build a build in along those walls.

Card stock could end up getting moldy if used as a space backer in a bathroom.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Card stock could end up getting moldy if used as a space backer in a bathroom.

Ok I gotta you now.

Greg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.398 seconds