dcsimg

Bandsaw

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

I went to pick up the bandsaw a few weeks ago and put it in the basement. Now while its apart I will clean the bearings and regrease them and derust the table.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

It looks like it was quite the job just getting the saw in the building wow.

staker
    Pro

It wasn’t bad, I had to build a gantry crane, cut out the bottom of the closet, and cut a wall free and the take the stairs out. next time will be easier as the wall and stairs are bolted in place now.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looks like a serious project just to get it in place. That is quite a setup you made to get it there.

staker
    Pro

I used 6 jack post to make an adjustable gantry. I needed 6 feet out side and 11’3″ in the basement.

Attachments:
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Now that is what I call a band saw.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Can’t wait to see this thing assembled it looks massive

staker
    Pro

A pic at the past owners. Its a 32 inch bandsaw

Attachments:

That is one huge bandsaw! Great job of getting in. Anxious to see it restored and in action. Thanks for sharing.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I used 6 jack post to make an adjustable gantry. I needed 6 feet out side and 11’3″ in the basement.

Great idea on the adjustable legs.. that will come in handy for other things as well I am sure

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Any pictures of the basement work shop?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

A pic at the past owners. Its a 32 inch bandsaw

Holy crap…that’s a lot of saw! What does it weigh? I see your 1/2 ton was able to move it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Nice beast! How wide of a blade can it handle? Did you get it for resawing?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It wasn’t bad, I had to build a gantry crane, cut out the bottom of the closet, and cut a wall free and the take the stairs out. next time will be easier as the wall and stairs are bolted in place now.

That is one heck of a band saw. It was quite the project to get it into the basement too. That will be awesome once you get it all cleaned up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

What a monster!
    Smart move and nice job on the gantry and hoist.

<P>It wasn’t bad, I had to build a gantry crane, cut out the bottom of the closet, and cut a wall free and the take the stairs out. next time will be easier as the wall and stairs are bolted in place now.</P>

Maybe a hole with a backhoe and poke a hole in the wall?
    One project always leads to another.
    Next time…?
    What size blade?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That is one nice looking bandsaw, what a beast. I guess you’re not moving anytime soon? lol

I don’t know about the car guys here but my first thought was “That would make a great English Wheel” 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

I don’t know about the car guys here but my first thought was “That would make a great English Wheel”

What’s an English Wheel?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I don’t know about the car guys here but my first thought was “That would make a great English Wheel”

What’s an English Wheel?

@Doobie

Makes forming larger pieces of sheet metal much easier.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

staker
    Pro

Nice beast! How wide of a blade can it handle? Did you get it for resawing?

The wheel width is 1.5 inches and don’t know the length, will figure it out when I put it back together. I didn’t get it for resawing but it has an 18 inch resaw height, most big bandsaws are used with a narrow blade for curve work. It has a massive lower wheel assembly. I am not sure of the weight, I think about 1400- 1600lbs. I took the top wheel and assembly and the table on a seperate trip. It was made in Budapest Hungary

Attachments:
    Doobie

What’s an English Wheel?

Makes forming larger pieces of sheet metal much easier.

Neat. Never knew they were called that.

The wheel width is 1.5 inches and don’t know the length, will figure it out when I put it back together. I didn’t get it for resawing but it has an 18 inch resaw height, most big bandsaws are used with a narrow blade for curve work. It has a massive lower wheel assembly. I am not sure of the weight, I think about 1400- 1600lbs.

Obviously resawing is not its primary design purpose. What a beast it is!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.515 seconds