dcsimg

Back to the future

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

That is awesome they are manufacturing again, bringing jobs to America.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I would love to have one , I never knew they made that many . They have a pretty cool design .

staker
    Pro

Would be nice to see more manufacturing jobs make there way back to North America, but the enviromental, labour and energy cost kill us.

Would be nice to see more manufacturing jobs make there way back to North America, but the enviromental, labour and energy cost kill us.

It’s happening a lot now . US companies coming back from over seas . Over seas labor is riseing .

Always willing to learn .

staker
    Pro

I also think it is the number of quality products and number of seconds or lower grade, also has something to to with it.

Doobie

I saw an old DeLorean a few months ago on display at an Auto Museum. It did not have a flux capacitor unfortunately.

The video is dated 2008.

KenW
    Pro

The video is dated 2008.

I noticed the date reference in the video too. Yet a quick google check and it brings up DMC texas and used Deloreans for sale. So they must still be restoring them to a certain point.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s interesting i didn’t know they only made 9000. I also noticed the mention of 2008 in the video i wonder if they are still manufacturing or if they ran out of parts because they also mentioned that they were using some original parts like the drive shaft I think.

That’s interesting i didn’t know they only made 9000. I also noticed the mention of 2008 in the video i wonder if they are still manufacturing or if they ran out of parts because they also mentioned that they were using some original parts like the drive shaft I think.

Seems like they are still able to make a new one. $57,000 though.

http://delorean.com/faq/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s happening a lot now . US companies coming back from over seas . Over seas labor is riseing .

So are shipping costs and the lag time between when the product was finished until it arrives here in the US. How many times have you ordered something that was BOed only to be told it was on a container coming from wherever.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

The DeLorean was cool when it came out, but I never caught the bug. The stainless steel finish just doesn’t thrill me. Yet it would be a conversation piece and you’d always have to wonder when passing. What happens if you hit 88?

So awesome! Very cool to see things come back to the U.S.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

In speaking to one of the curators at that auto museum where I saw the DeLorean a few months back, he said the car was plagued with problems especially related to the swing up doors.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I love these cars, if I ever have stupid amounts of money I would have one for sure.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Too bad they don’t have an update version with the bugs and handling worked out.

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

If I had the money I’d have tI have one. I’d buy a fake Flux capacitor for it though.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Cool, this car brings back a few memories. Would be nice to have one of these and a hoverboard to go with it.

A Working Pro since 2004

I’m not really a fan of that car . Just not into that kind of car .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.482 seconds